Stalling issues with my 04 ram 1500 5.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mooseknuckle00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have an 04 ram 1500 with the 5.7 hemi it ran fine till the gas light came on one day I stopped got gas it sputtered like it was going to stall while pumping gas a time or 2 but didn't I made it 2 exits on 76 it started bucking and sputtering like it was out of gas pulled over and it stalled it'll fire up every single time but die immediately I can now get the truck to idle fine but stalls when you give it gas most of the time sometimes you can rev it up but starts

OP
OP
M

Mooseknuckle00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have an 04 ram 1500 with the 5.7 hemi it ran fine till the gas light came on one day I stopped got gas it sputtered like it was going to stall while pumping gas a time or 2 but didn't I made it 2 exits on 76 it started bucking and sputtering like it was out of gas pulled over and it stalled it'll fire up every single time but die immediately I can now get the truck to idle fine but stalls when you give it gas most of the time sometimes you can rev it up but starts
Misfiring really bad around 2500 rpms can't pull it's own weight can 02 sensor cause this

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Check fuel pressure when its running sounds like a failing fuel pump did you scan the truck for codes? also lol if im reading right you fill the truck while its running? dont do that lmao.

Smokeybear01

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Yeah, second that. Don't fuel with the rig running. You either have a failing fuel pump or plugged fuel filter. It's showing all the signs of an engine starving for fuel.