starting issue/ temp sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bistduverrukte

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm working on a 1988 b250 RamVan 318.
I'm not getting any readings on my coolant temperature gauge. I replaced the temp sensor and haven't taken the multimeter to the harness yet but im wondering what values I should expect to see

The van also doesn't want to start easily. It had an engine overhaul and new duel pump installed and runs great once it starts but it never wants to fire up.

I found that I have basically prime the lines befoee it will start. I have to turn the key and let it crank 4-5 times then give it a second and turn the key again for 20-30 seconds before it fires up. It actually starts up better cold than it does after it's been running a while which is counterintuitive.

Ive already changed the plugs and wires and the air filter is clean (but there seems to be a wet residue on the filter infront of the inlet hose and i dont know what that is).
The Rpms don't spike when I shift from drive to neutral back into drive but im going to clean the IAC valve anyhow and
I'm thinking I should check the vacuum lines but im open for suggestions

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

bistduverrukte

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here's are my girls20170421_081847.jpg

OP
OP
B

bistduverrukte

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Alright so here's the build I was talking about although it is t where I said it was 20170616_231315.jpg20170616_231332.jpg

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
is it carbed or TBI? if it is TBI there is 2 temp sensors. 1 for the gauge and 1 for the computer. you just need to ground the temp sensor wire to test the wiring. if gauge goes to max with the temp sensor wire grounded then wiring is fine.