steering play

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JMikk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L 318
Hey everyone, I got in my truck today and exiting my driveway i immediately noticed something is wrong with the steering! Id say there is roughly an inch of play left and right, Do i need to source a new steering box or can it be adjusted?
:favorites13: Cheers!

Joe w.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2l
There is an adjusting screw on top of the steering box. Im thinking there is a thread on here that tells u how to adjust it. Looked for it but couldn't find it.

KPietriyk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also check the steering shaft for play. The U-joint wears and causes play in the wheel. Have someone turn the wheel back and forth, see if the whole shaft turns, or just the upper section.

bassslayer25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360 V8
Hey everyone, I got in my truck today and exiting my driveway i immediately noticed something is wrong with the steering! Id say there is roughly an inch of play left and right, Do i need to source a new steering box or can it be adjusted?
:favorites13: Cheers!

With it being a 14 year old truck its going to have some play. If you want it tighter there is the screw like they said, or you could get a new steering box all together, new steering box brace, or when I got my new track bar installed that helped my steering quite a bit.

OP
OP
J

JMikk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L 318
With it being a 14 year old truck its going to have some play. If you want it tighter there is the screw like they said, or you could get a new steering box all together, new steering box brace, or when I got my new track bar installed that helped my steering quite a bit.

Before i go spending money again i want to check out what those guys are saying, If i need parts could you send me a link to a good parts website?