Strange Accident Deer in my Ram !!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
Glad you're alright. Many deer and elk where I'm at so this is definitely a concern of mine. Good luck with the adjuster.

Joe Momma

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OMG.

So glad you're okay.

In regards to smell: can't they use one of those ozone generators to kill any smell? I thought that was 100% guaranteed way to remove smells.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Rug_Trucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
1993 D-350 CTD dually
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Years ago a woman in West Nashville had a deer crash through he windshield. Deer hooves are sharp. It kicked her to death. You got lucky.

ClassicRacer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummings 6.7
Oh My, Good to hear you're OK, even your drivers side mirror is broken, I can't imagine how you kept control to pull over. I see the CA plate so yes the POS Governor just passed a new law a few weeks back allowing you to claim and keep the dear. I'm wondering where this happened? Looks like a fairly busy freeway.

Sniper101

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You are very lucky
Thats exactly how a friend of mine died oncoming traffic hit a deer and flung it into his windshield killing him on impact

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

JulieG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 Turbo Diesel
So glad you’re ok. Couldn’t believe seeing the post on Facebook. Yes, I live in Redding and work at Crown so of course you were the talk of the town.

JS4024

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
WOW! Lucky you were not killed!! Aside from soiling your pants and a very rapid heart rate, I am so glad you were not injured! It appears as if the roof is slightly displaced and the A pillar is also out of line. This won’t be cheap. I would say just as a guess 8500.00 minimum.
While it’s worth more to you (as always) it may be close to a total, if so take the money and run. Then buy it back from the insurance, get it fixed and sell it as a recovery. Only way you will come out even.

Jerrybob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Glad you're OK.....a few years ago we were hunting in Colorado.....saw a small SUV hit a large buck.....lady was killed.....husband was air lifted from site. We stopped.....helped get them both out of car and up to the road. Pretty ugly day.

OP
OP
vwbob16

vwbob16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
The dash can be disassembled down to the individual components. Every single vent and opening can be accessed and cleaned, if you insist on it.

Im guessing the insurance payout for a total loss on that truck would be around 15000$. It looks like there is about 2000$ in damage. So the insurance company could pay someone up to 13000$ to disassemble and clean the dash, and still be cheaper than a total loss.

Just my opinion. Ive been wrong before.

I would say you are pretty close on that It would be great to fix it if they will

OP
OP
vwbob16

vwbob16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Years ago a woman in West Nashville had a deer crash through he windshield. Deer hooves are sharp. It kicked her to death. You got lucky.

Yes I did He never kicked at all he was dead on impact I did get out of my truck as fast as I could once I pulled over just in case he did

OP
OP
vwbob16

vwbob16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
So glad you’re ok. Couldn’t believe seeing the post on Facebook. Yes, I live in Redding and work at Crown so of course you were the talk of the town.

I bought my Truck there at Crown a little over 3 years ago I work. Reeds Autobody as a Painter I hope the don’t Total it !! If they do I will be stopping by for a Replacement

EvilSpirit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I guess a lot of the outcome depends on how much you like the truck, and your physical ability to do a little work. If I liked the truck, I would get good pics of the damage and then clean up the deer remnants from the inside yourself ASAP before the meat starts to reek, even if you had to have the windshield pulled to clean the dash properly. The sooner it is cleaned the better the result will be. But even if it sits a week or so before an adjuster gets to it, any good outfit that specializes in disaster or crime scene cleaning can get any odors out. Smell is a chemical reaction, and there are chemical or other means to neutralize it. I highly doubt they will total that truck - especially from an odors standpoint.

Ken226

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I would say you are pretty close on that It would be great to fix it if they will

Yea, but of course theres always the possibility of damage that i cant see in the pics.

Another member pointed out that the A piller looks damaged? And maybe the roof displaced?

Obviously, if thats tha case, it might be alot more expensive to fix.

EvilSpirit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Go to Lowes or where-ever and buy some of the odor absorbent activated charcoal bags and put them in the truck ASAP. There are many chemicals available online that do very well at removing odors. People claim you can't get the smell of mouse whiz out of cars either, but that's also nonsense. They just didn't find all the nests that kept emitting the odor.

Ken in Idaho

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 Mega Cab 3500
Engine
Diesel 5.9L
Dang, good thing that C-3 is not a three point or better zone or you might have been visited by the Fish and Game. That looks like the Mall area on your vehicles right, so you must have been on 44 just before the I-5 on ramp. You were real lucky that you were not injured more. Crown Motors treated me OK, but had minor issues with the service department (they could not find the problem with my computer, but I dug deeper than them and found and fixed it myself).

OP
OP
vwbob16

vwbob16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I guess a lot of the outcome depends on how much you like the truck, and your physical ability to do a little work. If I liked the truck, I would get good pics of the damage and then clean up the deer remnants from the inside yourself ASAP before the meat starts to reek, even if you had to have the windshield pulled to clean the dash properly. The sooner it is cleaned the better the result will be. But even if it sits a week or so before an adjuster gets to it, any good outfit that specializes in disaster or crime scene cleaning can get any odors out. Smell is a chemical reaction, and there are chemical or other means to neutralize it. I highly doubt they will total that truck - especially from an odors standpoint.

Adjuster will be out Monday afternoon
Dang, good thing that C-3 is not a three point or better zone or you might have been visited by the Fish and Game. That looks like the Mall area on your vehicles right, so you must have been on 44 just before the I-5 on ramp. You were real lucky that you were not injured more. Crown Motors treated me OK, but had minor issues with the service department (they could not find the problem with my computer, but I dug deeper than them and found and fixed it myself).

You are correct I was going west on 44 in between the churn creek and hilltop overpasses

Jerrybob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
it would be pants for me because I am free. LOL
Sounds like lyrics to a country song....."I got me some freedom cause I don't wear underwear.....my parts just hang free.....maybe that's why they stare!"