Strictly the 4x4 lowering thread...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

predat-r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
That's the Cresspo 3piece wing

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

predat-r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8

dracman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 black out edition
Engine
hemi 5.7
what everyone useing for rear shocks and front struts on there 4x4..i just got a 2/4 bell teck kit.hear lots of guys running factory stuff just want to make sure.thanks dave

rojo_143

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
what everyone useing for rear shocks and front struts on there 4x4..i just got a 2/4 bell teck kit.hear lots of guys running factory stuff just want to make sure.thanks dave

Did you get a 4x4 2/4 kit without shocks? or are you just looking into other options than the belltech street performance shocks?

BrBlack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm on my second set of GF rear 3" drop shocks in the back.
Can't say I've been that impressed with them. Running a second set because i found them local for cheap.
Will likely go with a set of bilstien's in the rear next time. Or the QA1's.

We'll see what the wallet allows at the time.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I'm on my second set of GF rear 3" drop shocks in the back.
Can't say I've been that impressed with them. Running a second set because i found them local for cheap.
Will likely go with a set of bilstien's in the rear next time. Or the QA1's.

We'll see what the wallet allows at the time.

Check out Vikings line of adjustable shocks Andrew.They seem to have a better rep these days then the QA1's.
Rick

predat-r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Did you get a 4x4 2/4 kit without shocks? or are you just looking into other options than the belltech street performance shocks?
Was wondering the same thing if you got tha kit it came with street performance shocks. Unless he only bought springs.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BrBlack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Check out Vikings line of adjustable shocks Andrew.They seem to have a better rep these days then the QA1's.
Rick

With all the helpful hints over the last few years the least i could do is buy you a coffee one of these days...

Thanks

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
With all the helpful hints over the last few years the least i could do is buy you a coffee one of these days...

Thanks
Maybe a hot chocolate,i don't drink coffee,never really acquired a taste for it,lol. Calgary Truck Club should be holding their weekly Thursday night meet at the Timmies just south of Shaw GM on Blackfoot.Depending on how dry the streets are,i might show up for one of their meets,hows your schedule looking for Thurs.
Rick

BrBlack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Maybe a hot chocolate,i don't drink coffee,never really acquired a taste for it,lol. Calgary Truck Club should be holding their weekly Thursday night meet at the Timmies just south of Shaw GM on Blackfoot.Depending on how dry the streets are,i might show up for one of their meets,hows your schedule looking for Thurs.
Rick

No longer working Thursday nights. would really like to make a meet finally. Keep me in the loop when you're able to make one.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
No longer working Thursday nights. would really like to make a meet finally. Keep me in the loop when you're able to make one.

Have you still got me on facebook? Give me a shout through message if you do.I might borrow the wifes Challenger and go down.My trucks still clean,and on blocks yet,lol.
Rick

Dobaramguy84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was on belltech's website and didn't find a full kit for the 4x4s

rojo_143

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I was on belltech's website and didn't find a full kit for the 4x4s

from you picture it looks like you have a regular cab Belltech does not list a drop kit for the regular cab just the quad and crew cab 4x4's. The part number for those is 965SP I am sure you could adapt this kit to work with your standard cab truck just certain parts would not be used.

Can we use the drop spindles from the 2wd trucks?

Yes you can use 2wd drop spindles but it moves your wheel out an inch or so.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Can we use the drop spindles from the 2wd trucks?

I have Mcgauphies dropped spindles on my regular cab shortbox 4X4. They will move the front wheels out 3/8" on each side.My spindles have been narrowed 0.650" or just a touch over 5/8" to move the wheels back in a 1/4" from where they sat with the stock spindles.

Dobaramguy84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have Mcgauphies dropped spindles on my regular cab shortbox 4X4. They will move the front wheels out 3/8" on each side.My spindles have been narrowed 0.650" or just a touch over 5/8" to move the wheels back in a 1/4" from where they sat with the stock spindles.
Thats cool. I take you went to a machine shop and had them milled down? So I can actually just buy the 2wd kit then.