Stuff we think Rams should have.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blrmkrl83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A better stereo would be nice. After going from a GM Bose to the Alpine in my Ram it was a bit of a let down. Maybe the 13-14 are better though. It also really ticks me off that if I use my key in the door the alarm goes off.

Saltillo Express

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Rear freaking window defogger for the 2-door Express. Shyt I would have paid extra for it if I would have realized it didn't have it.

Saltillo Express

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh I got another one - I wish it had more dinging sounds inside. It ding ding dings on everything - why not when you cut a fart? I want more dings in the truck. Besides myself.

OP
OP
kenwitter

kenwitter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dwl

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

cajun87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I want a full sliding back glass like the tundras.

real buttons for radio and ac controls like the fords. I hate having to take my eyes off the road and go through menus to change air flow in the ac. The radio isnt to bad because of the steering wheels controls but would be nice to have buttons.

Power tow mirrors both folding in and out as well as rotation.

A real floor shifting manual transmission.

A better steering wheel design without the double bars on the bottom of the wheel. I like to drive with my hand on the bottom of the wheel and the bars are in the way.

A way to truly turn off traction control and leave it off.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What is Chrysler just stopped being ****** about engine encryption, and open it up so we could get rid of the TM and have more of a choice in tuners?

OP
OP
kenwitter

kenwitter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I want a full sliding back glass like the tundras.

real buttons for radio and ac controls like the fords. I hate having to take my eyes off the road and go through menus to change air flow in the ac. The radio isnt to bad because of the steering wheels controls but would be nice to have buttons.

Power tow mirrors both folding in and out as well as rotation.

A real floor shifting manual transmission.

A better steering wheel design without the double bars on the bottom of the wheel. I like to drive with my hand on the bottom of the wheel and the bars are in the way.

A way to truly turn off traction control and leave it off.

That full sliding back glass is nice.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How about standard cruise control. My 2012 is lacking that.

mct601

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
How about TOW HITCHES come standard!!? Come on now! Just ordered my second hitch for my second Ram. R/T now 4WD Sport. Its not that big of a deal but its pretty inconvenient!

mattman_13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I just want to be able to switch to 4.56 gears without having to do a front diff swap and machine my rear.

duck_man

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Laramie Quad
Engine
Hemi 5.7
hooks in the bed that don't break off or bend in when you strap stuff to them.

mct601

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I loaded my Can Am Outlander multiple times into my bed and never had any issues (the '12 RT)

dmclone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hitch view camera(looking from above)
Volume buttons on the left side of the steering wheel (behind is fine)
A better latch for the top center console.
Actual apps in the store
Gauges that move with steering wheel (my 350z and G35 had this). I like the steering wheel low and I miss seeing things like the turn signal
A little more solid interior.
Better lighting

Nothing huge, just some nice to haves. Every time I switch vehicles I miss something from the previous car.

jeepguy_1980

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Hitch view camera(looking from above)
Volume buttons on the left side of the steering wheel (behind is fine)
A better latch for the top center console.
Actual apps in the store
Gauges that move with steering wheel (my 350z and G35 had this). I like the steering wheel low and I miss seeing things like the turn signal
A little more solid interior.
Better lighting

Nothing huge, just some nice to haves. Every time I switch vehicles I miss something from the previous car.

There is wiring in the headliner, if you want to move your camera to the third brake light area.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Truckit

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Longhorn Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This might sound strange to some but I'm in and out of the truck in the winter a lot. So along with the remote start, heated seat and wheel (and electrically heated windshield), I would like heated floor mats. Likely a good after market item? I'm wondering if you could use a seat heater kit and simply have them under the factory mats or carpet. Floor heating works well in bathrooms, kitchens, basements and shops. Why not trucks?

JJP71584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Power/heated/folding/flip up tow mirrors...would love to see those

Tuffguy707

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
id like to see them switch the cruise control buttons back to the left side of the wheel. I've owned rams my whole life and they have either been in the lower center or the left on the wheel, my 13 is on the right side of the wheel and i catch myself scrolling through the evic instead of setting my cruise.

oh and factory option train horns instead of the *** little horn that comes with the truck so i don't have to always have to find a place to instal my train horns.

yes factory power fold in and fold up mirrors would be great.

HEATED AND COOLED CUP HOLDERS PLEASE!!!!!!!

Steelerman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm 110% for the front camera. Been driving rams for 20 years and have yet to master the art of being 6" away from the vehicle in front of me. More like 2-3 ft.

I'm all for making my truck a generator also. I get a lot of power outages where I live and although I have a backup generator I hate going outside (usually in the snow) to crank it up when I could open the garage door, plug her in & fire it up.