Stuff we think Rams should have.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kenwitter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Let's put our wishlist of features we think Ram should develop in this thread. For me:

1. Tire inflation system. Most of us use our trucks for different things and under different conditions. I think this function would be ideal.

2. Large capacity inverter in Ram boxes. I mean powerful. Something where your truck could double as a generator.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

jeepguy_1980

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Let's put our wishlist of features we think Ram should develop in this thread. For me:

1. Tire inflation system. Most of us use our trucks for different things and under different conditions. I think this function would be ideal.

2. Large capacity inverter in Ram boxes. I mean powerful. Something where your truck could double as a generator.

An inverter would be horribly inefficient for generator purposes. Can you imagine the size of your car's electrical /charging system? And the wires you would need.

If you want your truck to double as a generator, by an HD Ram and hook a generator up the the PTO gear on the transmission.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The idea of onboard air, with an engine driven compressor is kind of cool.
But it's also something I'd very rarely use.

OP
OP
kenwitter

kenwitter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The idea of onboard air, with an engine driven compressor is kind of cool.
But it's also something I'd very rarely use.

I would love it. I could set an optimum pressure for towing heavy or driving empty at will. 2 conditions I have every day.

Texas_Cornhusker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would love to have a in bed folding stripper pole with stobe lights. Like make a center of the bed hidden, like Ram box only in the center of the bed, and with a folding stripper pole. I think that would be great for tailgating, or just to say you have. maye make it double as a deer feeder some how. Man i should have been an engineer....murica

Also a Factory MOPAR supercharger option would be great

Thats all for now, i'm sure i can think of more after a beer or 12.

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hmmm.... how about what chevy /ford has....steps in the bumpers or those steps that kick out from the bumpers.

I'm also thinking some kind of bed ramp that you can just pull out from the tail gate. I know it wouldn't be that long (tailgate is only about 2 feet wide), but you can have a bunch of them linked together to form a larger ramp.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
I'm pretty happy with my truck actually. I wouldn't mind paddle shifters though. I really despise them on the wheel like they are. They work fine, but I would prefer them somewhere where they're not spinning around. lol

A ladder off the tailgate would be nice, but I've also heard they're a PITA at times too.

kkreit01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bumper or tailgate steps.

Power folding mirrors.

Much better sound systems.

Larger tires on Outdoorsman models (I know 20s are optional, but the standard 17s look too small, and are much smaller diameter than the 20s. This looks silly on a supposed off road model).

Texas_Cornhusker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Bumper or tailgate steps.

Power folding mirrors.

Much better sound systems.

Larger tires on Outdoorsman models (I know 20s are optional, but the standard 17s look too small, and are much smaller diameter than the 20s. This looks silly on a supposed off road model).

My Alpine factory system is pretty good. But than again I don't bump the hippity hop. I'm usually jammin out to metal or country.

dsw1519

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
HEMI 5.7 8 Spd.
I wouldn't mind paddle shifters though. I really despise them on the wheel like they are. They work fine, but I would prefer them somewhere where they're not spinning around. lol .

I agree with Chewy - paddle shifters would be a great addition to the 8 speed trucks. The buttons on the wheel suck.

Diller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO Cummins
I would love to have a in bed folding stripper pole with stobe lights. Like make a center of the bed hidden, like Ram box only in the center of the bed, and with a folding stripper pole. I think that would be great for tailgating, or just to say you have. maye make it double as a deer feeder some how. Man i should have been an engineer....murica

Also a Factory MOPAR supercharger option would be great

Thats all for now, i'm sure i can think of more after a beer or 12.

I just lost my coffee reading that haha.

I think the only thing that would be nice to have would be the radar cruise control that helps maintain your distance to the car in front of you. Well that and a forward facing camera so I know how close I can pull into my parking spot at work.

WarrenRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A
I think an old school full front bench would be cool. I remember when the old lady used to slide on over close. Everything I have now has buckets and a center console. Of course, nowadays she wouldn't slide on over anymore anyhow. 18 years of marriage tends to do that. Maybe keeping her distance is a good thing, I take it back...

I like the onboard air compressor, not just for the tires but a little air station as mentioned.

Power tailgate - kidding. But maybe a factory power tonneau cover.

How about a little storage area you could access through a hatch in the bed. I could see leakage issues with that though.

How about an optional factory camper shell rather than having to go aftermarket to get one. That'd be kinda cool.

I saw a commercial for some van that had a built in vacuum. I'd use that a lot. Lugging out the shop vac or paying for one at a car wash means the truck doesn't get vacuumed often.

ATRepair

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I like the 40/20/40 split seat for the arm rest when I'm by myself. The center is really uncomfortable as a seat though. Kinda ruins the mood :(