Success lowering trans temp with @chaulk04 mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just get over it, find the info. There is no exact temp posted. ShemanBird has his own mechanic shop with over 30 years experience, he has a clue.
I got a 2019 1st Build 5th Gen 1500 5.7, and my friggin tranny runs 180-195. The only reason I do not put in the bypass valve and cool the temps is, my truck is a driveway princess. If I was running hard hills or towing a whole bunch, I would have bought Caulks' bypass or another and installed it.
ADDED: This past summer, was running Interstate at about 85 mph, and my tranny temps were North of 190. Allegedly normal, but that is way hot and will work a trans.

FYI: I personally leave the tranny temp displayed in the EVIC because of the temps it runs, and ambient temps down here, in the summer, may be 100-110 F, hard to cool anything at those temps, and no, I do not like my tranny getting that hot, tho the FCA house says it is normal.

CAVEAT: If you run real hard 100% of the time and tow a lot, U may wanna consider changing out the tranny fluid and filter at 60,000 miles, wateva that is in K's, and also your rear diff too. Just a tidbit. But OP, yer truck, do what makes you happy, drive on and maintain yer ride and be safe.

army turk 2.JPG

JamesCrowe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm 34 pages thru the 68 page post about caulks bypass mod.
Turkey bird have more actually helpful info in his response than I received to my first two questions.
When I get a chance I'll finish the other 34 pages.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm 34 pages thru the 68 page post about caulks bypass mod.
Turkey bird have more actually helpful info in his response than I received to my first two questions.
When I get a chance I'll finish the other 34 pages.

That's a great thread to spend time reading. :cool:

Several members have provided valuable info to your inquiry, you may have missed a few things.

Sherman's last post had several valuable items including the conspiracy to influence vehicle sales by manipulation of the life expectancy.

I live in Ontario where they use record amounts of horrid chemicals on the roads all winter.

Do you seriously think that it's a coincidence that we also have several large automobile manufacturers here too?

No worries. If you hang out here long enough, you will learn to appreciate the overwhelming volume of experience and knowledge that is openly shared here.

And you will also notice that any sort of cocky behavior from new members is usually met with a few challenges. :cool:

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's a great thread to spend time reading. :cool:

Several members have provided valuable info to your inquiry, you may have missed a few things.

Sherman's last post had several valuable items including the conspiracy to influence vehicle sales by manipulation of the life expectancy.

I live in Ontario where they use record amounts of horrid chemicals on the roads all winter.

Do you seriously think that it's a coincidence that we also have several large automobile manufacturers here too?

No worries. If you hang out here long enough, you will learn to appreciate the overwhelming volume of experience and knowledge that is openly shared here.

And you will also notice that any sort of cocky behavior from new members is usually met with a few challenges. :cool:

Maybe just a small challenge, roflmao.