Suggestions please - Dash Speakers to amp.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

appzattak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey all, I've recently upgraded my sound system and have it finished. However I have not hooked up the dash speakers yet. I'm not sure if I should buy another amp to run those or if I could run them in parallel to my front door speakers, if that would be okay? I have a Sundown sa 100.4 amp which can do 2 ohms so I'm thinking it might,but not to sure. Would love some imput.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you choose to do this add a resistor or use a 2 ohm speaker in the dash. If not that 3.5 will over power the 6x9 in the door and all you pickup is a ton of midrange and lose all bass

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Run the dash speakers off of the radio. Then you wont have to buy or mess with bass blockers or capacitors. Then you can use your fader to balance them.

Agree. That is what I did, run dash speakers of radio and it works flawlessly with my amped alpines.

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Run the dash speakers off of the radio. Then you wont have to buy or mess with bass blockers or capacitors. Then you can use your fader to balance them.
Good advice, however if you could list the details of your system there may be a better option...I/E maybe we can coax you to spend more money lol

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
I only say this because I hate head unit power and I am a firm believer that the mid range-to -high frequencies is the star of the show and demands clean power

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
Maybe one of those 50x4 power pack amps would be an option. The alpine one can crossover at 120hz. Might be others that can go a bit higher.

OP
OP
appzattak

appzattak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Good advice, however if you could list the details of your system there may be a better option...I/E maybe we can coax you to spend more money lol
Good idea, here is what I have:

Stock HU, non alpine,non 8.4
AudioControl LC7i
Sundown SA 100.4 (Front&Rear)
Kicker CX 1200.1 (Subs)

Tapped front at HU and rears at B pillar, those run to the LC7i. All doors have RF P1692 6x9s, dash are Kicker SC3504

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Mike77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Agree. That is what I did, run dash speakers of radio and it works flawlessly with my amped alpines.
What channel did you use for the 3.5 and which one for the amp? I heard only the front doors are full range?

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On the non-Alpine, I believe both front and rear are full range outputs. The fronts have the door and dash wired in series.

On the Alpine system, it's very different.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
What channel did you use for the 3.5 and which one for the amp? I heard only the front doors are full range?

Used front speaker wire feeds, right out of the radio, direct to non amped dash polk audio db351 speakers.
Front and rear doors are wired : from radio to amp using specific amp wires that come form radio. then from amp to each individual speaker according to location.

the rears are mostly bass fills. front are full range. dash speakers are full range but have an inline filter to only allow freq which the smaller 3.5 inch speaker can actually reproduce.
Had guy, form work, who builds speakers and is insane stereo guru do everything. He used to do this for a living, at high end stereo store, until he got hired on at the railroad.

Last edited: