Superchips Transmission Tuning Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
all around

glass3222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I may have drop it to 8% in a while. Right now I set it up for 10% at most places, 20% for all 2p and 40% for the light throttle %. I am going to run it like that with scotts schedule and see what I want to tweak.

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
im running ... TQ

part 1 = 8.0
part 2 up = 8.80
part 2p up = 8.80
part 3 = 8.80
part 4 = 30.00

jdlatil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just starting to play with trans schedule on by 2010 5.7
Which of the 2010 schedules are the least to most aggressive.
Three 2010 schedule, Jeremy, and Myoung.
Thanks,

OP
OP
S

SilsHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just starting to play with trans schedule on by 2010 5.7
Which of the 2010 schedules are the least to most aggressive.
Three 2010 schedule, Jeremy, and Myoung.
Thanks,
I believe Myoung's, of the three, may be the most aggressive. I think Jeremy was running his schedule and he asked me to back it off in certain areas. Enjoy the program! :)

Sil

jdlatil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I believe Myoung's, of the three, may be the most aggressive. I think Jeremy was running his schedule and he asked me to back it off in certain areas. Enjoy the program! :)

Sil

Thanks I will start with Jeremy's to start with if it's the least aggressive.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
well.......I might change mine up. :D

Might as well, I have to redo the tuning anyway! (stupid dealer trip).

SilentRamAD

Reaction score
Ram Year
08 QCSB 2wd
Engine
287 4.7L
I may need to have my Tuner wiped clean so I can finally purchase and start messing with this feature on my 4.7 . . . I remember back when the upgrade was offered free for a short period during it's grand release, requirements were VIN locked blah blah blah. And at the time it was for the 5.7 Hemi only with 4.7's being considered or in the works to tweak the code a bit. But somehow while VIN locked to my 4.7 when I randomly updated my tuner, during the 5.7 release, via plugging it in for the SC Easy Update . . . it downloaded some random version of the Trans Tuning program.

Low and behold soon after plugging it back into the truck to update my tune I saw that I could view some an option along the lines of Trans Tuning, Stock, SC Schedule . . . but was unable to mess with anything even though I wouldn't have w/o confirming input data via a spreadsheet first.

After seeing this I've tried to purchase the Advanced Trans tuning via the SC Easy Update a few times with out success, probably due to the "beta" version (I'm going to call it) that was previously downloaded . . .

Any thoughts about getting my programmer wiped so I can actually download a proper version and get the fun times rolling?

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There's no need to wipe it. The one you have is the same one they offer now. Go to JJ's website and download a schedule appropriate for your year.

OP
OP
S

SilsHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I may need to have my Tuner wiped clean so I can finally purchase and start messing with this feature on my 4.7 . . . I remember back when the upgrade was offered free for a short period during it's grand release, requirements were VIN locked blah blah blah. And at the time it was for the 5.7 Hemi only with 4.7's being considered or in the works to tweak the code a bit. But somehow while VIN locked to my 4.7 when I randomly updated my tuner, during the 5.7 release, via plugging it in for the SC Easy Update . . . it downloaded some random version of the Trans Tuning program.

Low and behold soon after plugging it back into the truck to update my tune I saw that I could view some an option along the lines of Trans Tuning, Stock, SC Schedule . . . but was unable to mess with anything even though I wouldn't have w/o confirming input data via a spreadsheet first.

After seeing this I've tried to purchase the Advanced Trans tuning via the SC Easy Update a few times with out success, probably due to the "beta" version (I'm going to call it) that was previously downloaded . . .

Any thoughts about getting my programmer wiped so I can actually download a proper version and get the fun times rolling?
When you plug the tuner in and go to advanced options, under shift schedule are you able to access the USER setting to enter your user shift schedule?

If you downloaded the program during the release for 5.7, many of the 4.7 were covered during that release. The program should have loaded perfectly fine on your truck if it was VIN locked. If so, just like George mentioned, download one of the schedules that corresponds to your year and have fun!

Sil

SilentRamAD

Reaction score
Ram Year
08 QCSB 2wd
Engine
287 4.7L
Cant access the user function. And the closest 4.7l schedule to me is an 06.

Any suggestions?

OP
OP
S

SilsHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Cant access the user function. And the closest 4.7l schedule to me is an 06.

Any suggestions?
If you can't access the User selection, then you'll need to purchase the upgrade. You can port that 06 schedule to your throttle percentages.

You'll need to log your TP% in the excel sheet and port it from there.

Sil

SilentRamAD

Reaction score
Ram Year
08 QCSB 2wd
Engine
287 4.7L
Re-Read what I originally said >_< I can't purchase the upgrade because it believes it's already on my programmer . . .

Scott@Superchips

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
A call to customer service can straighten this out for you. Give them a call at 888-227-2447.

Feel free to keep me in the loop so I can help if needed.

Scott

Re-Read what I originally said >_< I can't purchase the upgrade because it believes it's already on my programmer . . .

OP
OP
S

SilsHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I read your post. You said you upgraded during the period the 4.7L trans app wasn't complete. Check with Superchips CS.

Last edited:

tdekubber

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I hate how my 2008 shifts into 5 gear way to early, then downshifts with the slightest movement of pedal. Any way to adjust this? A good programmer...