suspension air bag sensor issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tracy A

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I have a 2017 Ram and recently had a leveling kit installed. My air bag suspension sensors keep popping off and the warning light keeps coming on. The dealer is trying to tell me that the sensors are now over extended and I need to get an extension for them. Do they even make such a part? I don't understand why leveling the front would have anything to do with the airbags in the rear. Does anyone have info on this issue? TIA

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I have a 2017 Ram and recently had a leveling kit installed. My air bag suspension sensors keep popping off and the warning light keeps coming on. The dealer is trying to tell me that the sensors are now over extended and I need to get an extension for them. Do they even make such a part? I don't understand why leveling the front would have anything to do with the airbags in the rear. Does anyone have info on this issue? TIA
Would need additional information to diagnose
for example: What leveling it, What errors appear on the dash, etc

OP
OP
T

Tracy A

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Rough Country 2.5" level, Suspension air bag system needs immediate service (something pretty close to that)

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Rough Country 2.5" level, Suspension air bag system needs immediate service (something pretty close to that)
Rough Country does not R&D their kits in depth and often get strange issues.
Post the part number to the kit you have and I can tell you what needs to be addressed

cdn cj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sounds to me like you’ve installed some kind of spacer lift. If that’s the case , yea your front airbag sensors will be out of whack.

ShaneC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 with air suspension. I want to level the front. Does anyone have any recommendations? Or does anyone have any experience with these?

Attachments

• IMG_4268.png
    IMG_4268.png
    143 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4269.png
    IMG_4269.png
    122.4 KB · Views: 2

ShaneC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 with air suspension. I want to level the front. Does anyone have any recommendations? Or does anyone have any experience with these?
Brand new Ram owner and member. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Brand new Ram owner and member. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.
Ive never heard of anyone having any big issues with those, outside of the normal issues that come with factory air setup in general.