Votes: 401 14.4%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 161 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 998 35.8%
  • Other

Votes: 664 23.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Murphy Slaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bighorn 4X4 Crew
Engine
I have been successful with pup 5/20. Engine is smooth and quite.

I couldn't get PUP last time, so I went with 5; Platinum 5w20 and 2; SRT 0w40. Guess I'll stick with that, didn't notice any difference than when I used the PUP. I think the extra moly in the SRT is worth it, I get 3 changes out of a 6 pack so I feel better and it doesn't cost THAT much. I've been using that mix since I went to synthetic on the 3rd change (I think....)

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I couldn't get PUP last time, so I went with 5; Platinum 5w20 and 2; SRT 0w40. Guess I'll stick with that, didn't notice any difference than when I used the PUP. I think the extra moly in the SRT is worth it, I get 3 changes out of a 6 pack so I feel better and it doesn't cost THAT much. I've been using that mix since I went to synthetic on the 3rd change (I think....)
I was thinking about you today, wandering if you got you're issue straightened out with Wally world. Did they give you any insight as to if they will be able to get the 5/20 PUP again or is it just simply not available?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

KevinInVT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
I was thinking about you today, wandering if you got you're issue straightened out with Wally world. Did they give you any insight as to if they will be able to get the 5/20 PUP again or is it just simply not available?

That was an odd issue, wondering what the story was. I just ordered 15 quarts PUP 5w-30 and picked it up a few days later no problem, I was alittle worried though. Not crazy about Walmart but just under $5 a quart is better than buying at a local parts store.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
That was an odd issue, wondering what the story was. I just ordered 15 quarts PUP 5w-30 and picked it up a few days later no problem, I was alittle worried though. Not crazy about Walmart but just under $5 a quart is better than buying at a local parts store.

What auto parts store near you sells pup ?

Reactions: U&A

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hey all, for those that use the fumoto drain valve, which one are you using ? Thanks.

TXCOMT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This one...just installed it last weekend at my 30K OCI. Great kit!!!

TXCOMT

Murphy Slaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bighorn 4X4 Crew
Engine

It was damaged, so they just cancelled the order and gave me a bunch of weird credits that ripped me off for one penny. Which was weird.

If they would have contacted me, they could have re-shipped it in a few days, but they didn't. I had to contact them. **** poor system, but I wanted to get the oil change done last weekend, so I just bought "Platinum" locally.

I'm not going to the trouble anymore. I've got a few years of warranty left and I'm just going to buy 7 qts of Pennzoil Platinum 5w20 at a time for my records. My records don't show the SRT 0w40, I get that from a NAPA.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah Walmart messed up an oil order for me too. Was damaged enough that UPS didnt even deliver to me, they just sent it back.

Not sure if Walmart would have automatically credited me or not, they didnt seem to know WTF was going on when I called them. They did credit me without issue, though. Problem being PUP was then out of stock so they couldnt replace it even if they wanted to.

Ill keep ordering from them, Ive ordered PUP from them 4 times and only once was a problem. There is always Amazon!

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I still cant bring myself to do a fumoto. It just really bothers me how it sticks down and becomes the lowest point on your oil pan. The simplistically of a regular bolt as a plug just seems much safer. That thing could get hut buy a log and not faze it.

Though iv never heard of any problems with them either so....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KevinInVT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
What auto parts store near you sells pup ?

Honestly I'm not sure, maybe none of them do. I know years ago I tried to get some of them to price match on Mobil1 for Walmart's price and they said they couldn't so I've just bought my oil at Walmart since. FWIW, I always pick my orders up at the store and have never had an issue. I've always been afraid things would get damaged in shipping and I work just down the street from Walmart so it's convenient for me to just stop in.

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
^^ Site only offers for 2011-2017. Do we know if one of those offered will fit 03 5.7 and 2018 6.4 pan? This realy looks like a great convenience mod

Same one fits my 18 6.4, not problems there. I bet it would fit the 03 5.7 as well. My oil
Pan bolt fit in my buddies 04 5.7 from my 18 6.4 till he could get a new one.

2018 2500 6.4 4x4 4.10 Amsoil SS 0w-40, Softopper
Black Rhino Armory 18x9 +12mm
Cooper Stt MAXX LT295/70R18

2016 Durango 5.7 AWD 3.07 Amsoil SS 5W-30
1996 Nissan Altima 2.4 Amsoil SS 5W-30

meedom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I still cant bring myself to do a fumoto. It just really bothers me how it sticks down and becomes the lowest point on your oil pan. The simplistically of a regular bolt as a plug just seems much safer. That thing could get hut buy a log and not faze it.

Though iv never heard of any problems with them either so....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you four-wheel routinely, I definitely understand your concern sir....

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Well it looks like I am going to do my oil change early as my trucks oil is getting to hot IMO and it did not before.
I pulled my 20' trailer down to get 5,000lbs of rock, around 20 miles down and 20 back and after I got back on the hwy for about 5 miles I checked my temps and all was normal except my oil was at 240* . it has seen higher temps than this a number of times now.

I have 4 qrts 10w30 and 3 qrts of 5w30 RL and I never saw that high of temps on just 5w30 RL.
Not sure if its the different weight or if its my truck doing something weird. I also noticed more lifter noise on cold start ups than before and again I dont know if its the oil or my truck just having more miles and its also setting more with the good weather as I ride my bike most every day.

Figure changing back want hurt and then I can see if its just my truck or if it did not like this oil weight combo.

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Honestly I'm not sure, maybe none of them do. I know years ago I tried to get some of them to price match on Mobil1 for Walmart's price and they said they couldn't so I've just bought my oil at Walmart since. FWIW, I always pick my orders up at the store and have never had an issue. I've always been afraid things would get damaged in shipping and I work just down the street from Walmart so it's convenient for me to just stop in.
I don't know that any store stocks PUP, according to the 2 local ram dealers here they can't even get 5/20 or 5/30 PUP. As far as oil prices you would be hard pressed to beat Walmart's prices on over the counter oil. I work at advance auto and the only way we even come close is on one of the oil change deals, but that would only be on 5 Qts and a filter, you'd have to pay full price for the extra 2 Qts. It's just much easier to run thru Walmart get you're oil and a Fram ultra filter and be done with it.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7

Sorry, didn't read your post correctly and read it as you picked up pup locally.