Votes: 400 14.4%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 160 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 994 35.8%
  • Other

Votes: 662 23.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
Crash posted this kewl tool in the other thread as well.
I only wish I could afford a gear set swap, maybe after the last payment has been sent.

https://spicerparts.com/calculators/transmission-ratio-rpm-calculator

Even though I have been told as well as read the 3:42s were best suited for the HP/TQ band (sweet spot) of the 6.7L! :banghead:
Don’t know whether or not to fall for this :bs: or just accept the information as fact. I assume MPG had way more to do with it.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah Im on the fence. I want to try RL 5-30 at least once, but like you said Im just not sure any oil (or additive) would fix whatever noise it is my engine makes.
Fwiw , everyone who has had engine noise and tried Redline wasn't positive that RL was gonna quiet it or not [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There was a newer dodge in front of me in the drive through and he actually had to turn his truck off to order and then again when paying. That thing was rappin something crazy.
I have had this same experience !!! Too funny [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
My truck with 3.92's and stock 33" tires is already in the yellow. I was looking at going to 34's.

The 8 speed's short 1st gear really compensates for that. I have 3.21's and I can spin my 34"s no problem. That chart looks more in like with what I would expect from a 6 speed.

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Wanted to post this here for all my guys here just so you could”save” the pic in your photo library of you want.

Gear ratio vs tires size. Its a “general” idea for gas engines if your interested is re-gearing.

ad07ae02eb26a4918b27b8d9431de833.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seen that graph before and I don’t think it’s accurate. Is that supposed to be showing rpms at a given speed? Assuming maybe 60mph?
Because I have 4.56 gears and 33” tires, it’s dead nuts on 2000 rpms at 60. That graph may be showing rpms at 60 mph in a 1:1 ratio gear. You gotta remember to include your overdrive ratio and convertor lockup.

I Bleed Ram Trucks

Last edited:

14Tradesman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Seen that graph before and I don’t think it’s accurate. Is that supposed to be showing rpms at a given speed? Assuming maybe 60mph?

I Bleed Ram Trucks

That graph has to be made for a specific transmission. The ratios in the transmission play a big role to.

For example, I had a 2006 F150. It had the max tow package and heavy duty payload package with the 5.4L, and 4.10 gears. I got really worried after I bought my 2014 Ram because I realized it had 3.21 gears. Well I did some math and the final drive ratio (transmission gear ratio multiplied by rear end ratio) on the F150 was higher than the Ram.

The F150 was something like 11:1 final drive in first gear and my Ram with the 8 speed is somethin like 15:1 in first gear. Learning that made me feel alot better.

I bet 3.92s are nice, but these 8 speeds really dont need such a low ratio in my opinion. Again, I would love to have 3.92s, but the with the 8 speed you dont really need them. In my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
The 68RFE atf transfusion has begun: 4qts sucked out 4qts RL C+ in.

Also chose to slowly begin replacing most of these cheesy (paper) so called Alpine speakers.

Don’t plan on spending thousands of dollars, just want crisp/clean/clean highs. This Alpine system is so dull/muddy sounding.

Chose to go with JBL:
First stage - Just replace both corner dash speakers! Leaving Alpine center dash speaker in place.

Bought these this morning:

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_109CL3020/JBL-Club-3020.html?tp=96

Will probably replace door Alpines with 2way 2.3ohms 6x9 JBL over the next 6 months.

Holidays are close: always loved listening to Christmas music on a nice sounding system! :drunk: Really puts me in the holiday spirit.
I Thank God for XM/Sirius radio. The things I gave up too keep my subscription! It’s so worth it, but I’m one who enjoys listening to music while I drive.

Nothing like driving a Awesome Ram filled & running on the highest quality lubricants & listening to beautiful music through a great sounding sound system. Makes a man Warm & Fuzzy inside. Especially after a few squirts of Chemical Guys Leather fragrance & 2 new Black Ice Trees.

Last edited:

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Crisp isn't this you calling this thread a **** show and chasing away RF members like h395 and myself from even speaking about what we have found from other websites? What gives? Yes we all were trying to find a drama free place to post because at that time there were members here making this a **** show, so many of us were finding a different option. Now, this has been drama free for a long time, clearly "Burla" isn't the issue and wasn't the issue, unless you think standing up for yourself when you are attacked for no reason is being a problem child. Now you are here to what contribute? You owe 4 of us an apology, because you were wrong, we weren't the problem. Otherwise, your contribution here is suspect. Take me out of it, people like Corey have went to great lengths to document and try lubrication strategies and video/audio results. He and others deserve respect and not the garbage you brought for zero reason. Suppose you can point to a single post any of us did over there to deserve that? So who brought the drama?

This is him chasing us off hemi truck club, whatever.

I haven’t participated in that “sythetic oil” thread that’s gonna on for 21,000 reply’s, but since it is in my forum timeline CONSTANTLY I’ve poked my head in a time or two to keep up. It’s been a complete sh**show of personal attacks, name calling and drama, and this guys been in the middle of all of it. He says he doesn’t post there because of the arguing but everything I’ve seen is he’s been the main reason. If anyone else is interested why, he pretty much got ran out of there for personal insults and everyone seemed pissed at “Burla”. It’s just strange that all of the sudden him and his oil buddies showed up here reposting all their same stuff because not many people are listening to them anymore. This isn’t me just saying stuff, you can see for yourself

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Crisp isn't this you calling this thread a **** show and chasing away RF members like h395 and myself from even speaking about what we have found from other websites? What gives? Yes we all were trying to find a drama free place to post because at that time there were members here making this a **** show, so many of us were finding a different option. Now, this has been drama free for a long time, clearly "Burla" isn't the issue and wasn't the issue, unless you think standing up for yourself when you are attacked for no reason is being a problem child. Now you are here to what contribute? You owe 4 of us an apology, because you were wrong, we weren't the problem. Otherwise, your contribution here is suspect. Take me out of it, people like Corey have went to great lengths to document and try lubrication strategies and video/audio results. He and others deserve respect and not the garbage you brought for zero reason. Suppose you can point to a single post any of us did over there to deserve that? So who brought the drama?

This is him chasing us off hemi truck club, whatever.

I haven’t participated in that “sythetic oil” thread that’s gonna on for 21,000 reply’s, but since it is in my forum timeline CONSTANTLY I’ve poked my head in a time or two to keep up. It’s been a complete sh**show of personal attacks, name calling and drama, and this guys been in the middle of all of it. He says he doesn’t post there because of the arguing but everything I’ve seen is he’s been the main reason. If anyone else is interested why, he pretty much got ran out of there for personal insults and everyone seemed pissed at “Burla”. It’s just strange that all of the sudden him and his oil buddies showed up here reposting all their same stuff because not many people are listening to them anymore. This isn’t me just saying stuff, you can see for yourself

Don’t forget quoting the link that I posted showing you trashing a few members. All I did was provide some input on what I saw here and the forum you guys posted in for 2 days just weren’t interested in oil debates. I see you or the 2 other members that came with you haven’t posted another single thing there either so I’m guessing oil debates was your only contribution. I use tapatalk so this thread is always in my feed and I see the most current posts. I saw that picture posted and commented on it, I saw that same picture being used in another group this week so I was just pointing out something from personal experience on the rpms being wrong. I most defiantly don’t owe a single person any apologies lol

I didn’t chase a single person away. All I did was post a link of your own personal posts that showed you trashing people. The rest of HTC just wasn’t up for oil debates since that’s a performance oriented forum. You are more then welcome to post whatever you want anywhere, I just gave my buddy’s a warning about it. Then all 3 of you just flat out disappeared

I Bleed Ram Trucks

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Don’t forget quoting the link that I posted showing you trashing a few members. All I did was provide some input on what I saw here and the forum you guys posted in for 2 days just weren’t interested in oil debates. I see you or the 2 other members that came with you haven’t posted another single thing there either so I’m guessing oil debates was your only contribution. I use tapatalk so this thread is always in my feed and I see the most current posts. I saw that picture posted and commented on it, I saw that same picture being used in another group this week so I was just pointing out something from personal experience on the rpms being wrong. I most defiantly don’t owe a single person any apologies lol

I Bleed Ram Trucks

No worries, just showing RF who you are. For someone who thinks this is a **** show, one might wonder why you are here. It is a single thread, easy to ignore, just say'n.

For you to think that h395, RLK, and U&A only post about oil and not debating it, clearly shows you haven't bothered to look at the DYI section here, lol. Wherever they go, they are a huge asset to the forum they contribute at, and I am proud to associate with them. I have nothing to add past that.

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
No worries, just showing RF who you are. For someone who thinks this is a **** show, one might wonder why you are here. It is a single thread, easy to ignore, just say'n.

It may not be a ****show at this moment but it clearly has been in the past. I actually remember you posting saying you left this page/thread and weren’t going back because of it, but here you are

I Bleed Ram Trucks

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
But anyways, I don’t care in the least bit. All I meant to do here was make a comment on some gear ratios. Carry on

I Bleed Ram Trucks

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi

For you to think the h395, RLK, and U&A only post about oil and not debating it, clearly shows you haven't bothered to look at the DYI section here, lol. Wherever they go, they are a huge asset to the forum the contribute at, and I am proud to associate with them.

That’s fine, what I said was you showed up to HTC simply for oil and then left. I even found it curious that all three showed up at the exact same time and then left at the same time never to be heard from again

I Bleed Ram Trucks

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
It may not be a ****show at this moment but it clearly has been in the past. I actually remember you posting saying you left this page/thread and weren’t going back because of it, but here you are

Yes I am, actually got chased away from the forum we all were going to replace the drama that was happening here. And thanks to you I gave this thread another shot, thanks.

LOL, we left because obviously that forum allows personal attacks, like the one you leveled in the second page of the new thread, lol.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
All I meant to do here was make a comment on some gear ratios.

All we meant to do at hemi truck club was to contribute as well, see how that works? We weren't given 1/2 a chance to again because of you.

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Yes I am, actually got chased away from the forum we all were going to replace the drama that was happening here. And thanks to you I gave this thread another shot, thanks.

LOL, we left because obviously that forum allows personal attacks, like the one you leveled in the second page of the new thread, lol.

It’s not an “attack” when I simply posted your own posts just like you did to me about 6 posts above. Should I consider that a personal attack as well?

I Bleed Ram Trucks

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I personally like this forum and this thread, you clearly don't, just saying easy to not click on a thread, good day sir. I think we found 2 places were you complained about RF in other sites. I'm pretty sure participation here is voluntary.

Last edited:

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
All we meant to do at hemi truck club was to contribute as well, see how that works? We weren't given 1/2 a chance to again because of you.

We literally have about 20 active members there, maybe less. You had a whole thread talking about oil and other then 2-3 guys there was just no interest. Don’t blame me other people didn’t want to talk about oil or didn’t have much to contribute. This ram forum has more interest in oil, HTC doesn’t because it’s primarily for drag racing. I know several members told you the same thing.

I Bleed Ram Trucks

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
^^^ last word all yours, cool.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads