Votes: 400 14.4%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 160 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 994 35.8%
  • Other

Votes: 662 23.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
This is a pic Tig shared of his 2007 Ford Fusion with 10K mile OCI since break-in! 10K mile oil change intervals!

Upper Valve train is virtually spotless & looks like new! No cam wear is visible with the naked eye.

I know it's not a 5.7L but if you follow up with your other routine maintenance you will have the same or similar results.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That's awesome SyN thanks for posting! I used to use M1 exclusively in my vehicles until I got my Ram. Never had one mechanical problem with any engine I ever ran it in.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
This is a pic Tig shared of his 2007 Ford Fusion with 10K mile OCI since break-in! 10K mile oil change intervals!

Upper Valve train is virtually spotless & looks like new! No cam wear is visible with the naked eye.

I know it's not a 5.7L but if you follow up with your other routine maintenance you will have the same or similar results.

Sweet maybe my 10k runs won't hurt I am willing to take the chance. I used to be the 3-4K kind of guy but been pushing it more and more. You do have to wonder when Amsoil supports 15k on severe duty and doesn't go bankrupt doing it. Push the limits and save money, time, even the earth a little.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7

picture is worth a thousand words. tsk for posting.

misuracaf10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Now just to open up a hemi with that oci and that many miles... gotta be one out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I posted that picture in relation to so many members within these walls whom are using expensive synthetic oils & not taking advantage of their strongest strengths--->Extended Drains! (10K-15K mile drain intervals)! With the proper driving style/habits!

At least follow your OLM down to 10%-5% if using these expensive/robust oils! This is one of the main reasons they were designed along with Excellent Cold Weather Pump ability & Flow!
There is no rhyme or reason to drain these oils out before the 8K mile mark. (Total Waste of your hard earned $$$ as well as a Still Perfectly Robust oil with still a lot of life still left within the oil.)

There are hundreds of BITOG members proving this every month. Proving these results with posted UOA reports for all to see/witness. Many go well beyond the 5K mile mark.

I'm by no means telling those members who drain these expensive oils @ the 3K-5K mile mark what to do! In only sharing information on what other owners have been doing for many years! With nothing but Stellar Results to show & report.

Remember: Always remember do your oil & engine a huge favor----->If you do mostly in city driving--->A lot of stop & go (Short Trips). Never letting the oil reach operating temp for long periods of time (To evaporate all the moisture & Cook out all the Carbon contaminates)?
At least once a week get her out on the highway or interstate and get your oil up to 190-200*F for 10-15 min at least.

When you get back home your oil will be in much better shape to protect your motor tomorrow!

Everyone be Safe & Have a great Sunday!

Last edited:

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
^^^I understand 100%! I would be in the same boat---->If I had not spent years within BITOG reading over thousands of UOA! Many going well over 10K miles with outstanding results!

As long as the motor is in proper running order with good routine maintenance habits being performed----->10K mile OCI with any shelf bought synthetic oil is easily achievable. Along with helping that oil getting up to operating temp for a period of time as often as possible. Which is not really asking a lot!

I see draining this expensive robust oil out early similar to buying a carton of those nasty a$$ cigarettes a weak or a roll of *****!
Just a Total Waste of your hard earned $$$!

With all of that Spewed Out! Too each his or her own! I only worry/care about my own! Owners will have their own Faith/Beliefs!
I can only share Truthful/Honest actual information.

This is One Thing that I do actually have control of.

If you as an owner have any doubts? Purchase a FuMoto drain valve with the nipple. Makes draining your oil & obtaining a sample very very easy.

Contact Blackstone and have them send you a used oil analysis kit. Follow your oil life monitor to at least 10% or 5% and Send in the sample. Blackstone will send you feedback letting you know whether or not you can extend your OCI or shorten your OCI according to your driving style and habits.

This way you can actually see what is happening inside your motor it's not 100% accurate but it will give you a general idea. It also will let you know the condition of your oil as well as any or problems that could be occurring in your engine such as fuel dilution or a coolant leak.

I myself will be beginning this regiment after the 25,000 mile mark has been achieved. I will also be following my OLM as I am now. I will also post all of my results here in this thread. As for now my future plans are doing a sample every 3rd OCI with the oil and filter combo with in my signature.

Last edited:

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Reflecting today why the better an oil is, the harder it is to get. Redline, PUP, Amsoil, Motul, I haven't seen any of them on the auto parts shelves these days. There is so much profit in the cheaper oils they are buying up all of the shelf space?

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
Reflecting today why the better an oil is, the harder it is to get. Redline, PUP, Amsoil, Motul, I haven't seen any of them on the auto parts shelves these days. There is so much profit in the cheaper oils they are buying up all of the shelf space?

To the average person, oil is oil is oil. They don't understand there is a difference, nor do they care to learn. It's just not on their radar. To most an automobile is an appliance no different than a toaster; put bread in-press lever-toast comes out. Therefore, there is not enough volume for the chains to be interested. This is one of the great losses versus having old-school family owned parts stores like the old days.

Last edited:

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Even the most hardened oil guys don't want to spend ten bucks for oil, only a couple of us dummies bother. IMO, PUP should have taken off like wildfire, but that certainly wasn't the case. Goes to show you, quality has the lost the battle to value. No disrespect meant to Mobil 1, but the 4 oils I said have things that make them stand above the crowd. If Mobil 1 does indeed go GtL and the formula is as good as PUP, then they will be the first to break the glass shelf.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI

Just a note that if you live in the northern states Ohio/Michigan area there's a tire store/ Full service shop called Belle Tire that stocks Amsoil products on the shelves and uses them for all their oil changes.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just a note that if you live in the northern states Ohio/Michigan area there's a tire store/ Full service shop called Belle Tire that stocks Amsoil products on the shelves and uses them for all their oil changes.
Bet that Amsoil dealer is doing well

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Bet that Amsoil dealer is doing well

Its a chain store too. I worked at one of them fo a while and to be honest i didnt see a lot if products comming off the shelf. Most just had the shop change it for them with amsoil.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I went to walmart, Penzoil Platinum was 7.49 a qrt, cheapest way to get it was 25 bucks for 5 qrt jug. Of course no PUP.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
For those of you with the BW44-44 transfer case, you might find this interesting. I've read in many different places that the crazy expensive Mopar 44-44 fluid is nothing more than Dex III. So to confirm that I sent two samples to Blackstone, one of ****** Dex III and one of Mopar 44-44 fluid. These are the results:

Dex III:
02ab349b6c19dd1ae2015d70ba7a1af7.png

Mopar 44-44:
8088b4354be3ca5c79d0eafc7e30fedd.png

Thoughts?

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Thanks for doing that, hard to say just from additives. If one of the other was ester based it would hold visc like Amsoil tranny fluid does. A little more calcium is a good thing, keeps it clean. A uoa would tell more, if one or the other or both of those sheared down to 5.

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Hemi: 1000 thanks I knew my information on the DexIII come from a very reliable source which I posted this many months ago. Thank you very much for confirming that I did not post false information.

The viscosity @ 100*C are almost identical! Very important with the clutch design. This is what I was curious most about!

I still / if I had nothing else to do in life. I would love to do a used oil analysis of this transfer case.
One with the transfer case being used only a few times at the 25,000 mile mark.
One with the transfer case being used very often at the 25,000 mile mark.

Since this transfer case turns every time the transmission turns it would be interesting to see how much stress and abuse the ATF takes when the transfer case is not engaged in four-wheel-drive operation. Just to set a benchmark on where this fluid actually needs to be changed if your transfer case is not used only once or twice a year.

Last edited:

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I agree 100%