Votes: 400 14.4%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 160 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 994 35.8%
  • Other

Votes: 662 23.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
You get taxed if the merchandise is coming from a warehouse in the state it us being delivered to (your address). It doesn't matter if it's amazon or 3rd party. It's about states collecting taxes from other states... they can't do it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

See below.

Last edited:

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
That's not true. The standard rule is that sellers must collect sales tax on online sales to customers who live in a state where their business has a physical presence. So, even if your warehouse is in CA and everything ships from there, if you have an office in NY then you're obligated to collect tax on sales to people who live in NY. This is based on the SCOTUS decision in Quill Corp. vs North Dakota.

This is is spot on a little more detailed reason.
Exactly and since I am in Minnesota all Amazon direct stuff is taxed. If it just fulfilled by Amazon and from a 3rd party not in MN then no tax. Usually I don't care tax is everywhere no big deal. When I was ND there was no tax back then on Amazon stuff.

Last edited:

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
This is is spot on a little more detailed reason.
Exactly and since I am in Minnesota all Amazon direct stuff is taxed. If it just fulfilled by Amazon and from a 3rd party not in MN then no tax. Usually I don't care tax is everywhere no big deal. When I was ND there was no tax back then on Amazon stuff.

Here in CT they never used to collect it but we were still supposed to self-report on our income tax and pay it thrn. In 2011 they passed a law that targeted big retailers (Amazon specifically) by saying that if you had an affiliate in the state then you had to collect. Amazon hit back by suspending their affiliate program here. But, in 2013 Amazon gave in and started collecting because they wanted to build a fulfillment center here.

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
I know I will be taxed probably no matter what from now on. I can live with that it's been that way for 52 years.

But since I actually go out of my way and pay for prime I will not pay for shipping. If the item is sold no other way I will look elsewhere. They just lose my business.

Last edited:

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I know I will be taxed probably no matter what from now on. I can live with that it's been that way for 52 years.

But since I actually go out of my way and pay for prime I will not pay for shipping. If the item is sold no other way I will look elsewhere. They just lose my business.

Agreed tax no issue but shipping not something I want to pay.

Reactions: SyN

Rampant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
That's not true. The standard rule is that sellers must collect sales tax on online sales to customers who live in a state where their business has a physical presence. So, even if your warehouse is in CA and everything ships from there, if you have an office in NY then you're obligated to collect tax on sales to people who live in NY. This is based on the SCOTUS decision in Quill Corp. vs North Dakota.
Yes, you are correct. Except for some states. Below is a list of current states who collect sales tax from Amazon orders. Jet.com is a new startup trying to take a piece of amazon's pie... prices are pretty much exactly the same, shipping is free, and they only charge taxes in 5 states right now. Something to consider.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Attachments

• Amazon Tax.jpg
    Amazon Tax.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I know this is the improper thread for this question but I trust you guys to share this information we have kind established a bond with in this thread with a more than a handful of us members.

This is how der-ranged and mentally unstable I am. I woke up this morning at 6:24 AM thinking about under the hood temperatures while driving down the interstate and driving in town or metro.
I come up with this idea of using our house indoor thermometer and outdoor thermometer to test my tarded thoughts!

I will mount the outdoor remote temperature probe with a zip tie inside the engine bay around the air intake box or somewhere close.
I will keep the main digital readout inside the cab with me to monitor the temps inside the engine bay at all times.
I will attempt to take pictures of the digital readout with my phone every 5 to 10 minutes. I will do a bout a 10 mile highway interstate run taking a few pictures and then come in to town for a few miles and take pictures then of the temperature inside the engine bay.

I know the outside ambient temperature plays a huge part in this. I will record the outside temp. I Will also do the same experiment sometime during the summer months when the temperature is 90° or higher just to get a different perspective of what actual temperature is inside our engine bay.

I know I have thought about this many times and never have really done anything about it I've always been curious. I do know for a fact that once the engine is turned off after a long highway run or a road trip. Inside the engine bay gets to be like a damn oven. That's the main reason once I pull in the garage I normally pop and crack my hood and put my industrial fan in front of the grill to help push some of that heat out. One thing to remember half or more of that engine bay is plastic or rubber & the constant heat cycling over a few years makes both of these brittle. Thus once again my reasoning for preventive maintenance. Yes you can still call me a retard. But I somewhat enjoy it.

Here are the tools that I will be using.

I know there have been many discussions\conversations on exactly how hot does it get or how hot is it actually inside that engine bay when cruising down the highway or driving through the metro. I will attempt to somewhat figure this out for us here in a few days when I get my next day off.
Maybe I'm probably the only one who really gives a damn. But at least I will find out for myself and share that info with some of you who probably or maybe Care as well.

I will record all the temperatures at every possible parameter. For those interested in my results send me a private message and I will send you my findings. I probably won't post them within this form for all the damn drama it will probably cause I don't need that.
This is an excellent idea, especially for anyone with a black truck. In the summer my hood is gets ridiculously hot not only from the sun but the heat of the engine. Not good for the plastic engine components or the paint on the hood...

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I remember several vehicles I've had in the past that had insulation in the hood, I guess nowadays they stop that practice.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah a few of mine had that as well although they were older vehicles. All of my newer vehicles have a heat shield of sorts on the hood but the old kind were spun fiberglass just like insulation.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I don't want to veer off track of this under Hood temperature subject just wondering if anybody else can find a VOA or a UOA of Amsoil signature series 5W 50. I did manage to find a VOA when googling but it did not have the TBN. Just trying to find a few examples to look at

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
So my current TCW3 bottle is an old Lucas oil container the 1 quart sized. They are identical to a gear oil container. It worked pretty good for getting the neck down into the gas cap on my truck to help prevent any spills.

I had a problem and the plastic threads are not holding well any longer on the bottle. Does anybody have any good suggestions for a reusable bottle that I can put the TCW3 in.? Something with the longer neck so I can get it down into the truck's gas cap. I'm just trying to avoid containers with large mouths so I can control the amount that comes out a lot easier. Also I need to have one with ounce measurements on it.

Any suggestions?

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
OK: here is one of the methods of my madness. The clear bottles with the measurements on the side come from lubecontrol.com .

I purchase my TC – W3 by the gallon and poor with a funnel into these clear bottles.
With all of the saved fuel additive bottles that I have purchased over the years with the longneck I then squeeze the additive from the clear bottle into the used fuel additive bottle with the long neck.

I fill these all up with 5 to 6 ounces of either TC – W3 or Marvel mystery oil.

Once I get to a half a fuel tank in my ram I add one bottle and fill up my tank. Very clean and easy and fast. This is close to or in a roundabout way at 640:1 ratio.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

pcschwenke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Well, first oil change in my 6.4l 3500 Laramie at 2200 miles. Yeah, I'm old School and change it early the first time around. Used PUP purchased from the dealer and I was surprised how dark the oils was already. Glad I changed it. The local dealer had no idea that PUP was the recommended oil and actually had to order it. They ordered a lot, and received 12 quarts. Now they have 5... I'd like to know who the idiot at MOPAR is who installs the oil filters at the factory... I'd have a few words with them!!!

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
OK: here is one of the methods of my madness. The clear bottles with the measurements on the side come from lubecontrol.com .

I purchase my TC – W3 by the gallon and poor with a funnel into these clear bottles.
With all of the saved fuel additive bottles that I have purchased over the years with the longneck I then squeeze the additive from the clear bottle into the used fuel additive bottle with the long neck.

I fill these all up with 5 to 6 ounces of either TC – W3 or Marvel mystery oil.

Once I get to a half a fuel tank in my ram I add one bottle and fill up my tank. Very clean and easy and fast. This is close to or in a roundabout way at 640:1 ratio.

My problem with using the old fuel additive bottles without ounce marks is i never know when i am getting gas again so its different amounts every time

Reactions: SyN

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
No worries! I was only sharing what works for me! Good Luck on your quest for the ideal measuring bottle.

Reactions: U&A

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
No worries! I was only sharing what works for me! Good Luck on your quest for the ideal measuring bottle.

No problem. I checked that website you mentioned too. Nothing of the sort that im looking for. The best option i can find so far is one of the sta bil typ bottles that you squeeze and it fills a small measurable portion of the bottle. Some of the sta bil bottles als have the longe neck.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This 1/2 time show is ********

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
This 1/2 time show is ********

Football is ********. Not like it used to be. Its all politics, advertising, and rich, self centered, ungrateful "players"

Sorry. JMO. Nothing againt the fans whatsoever. Just the "sport"

EDIT: not all the players are like that.... but majority

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ha ha , I hear ya ! This is actually the first NFL game I've watched all year ....college football is my game !
Go Hogs !

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Brady can't go out like this, if he doesn't get back he will never live this one down. gaga was decent, crazy chick dropping from the dang roof, cmon. A super star taking that kinda risk has to be worth something.

Game is over barely into third quarter, can't be called the best if you get blown out like that.