Votes: 404 14.4%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 161 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 1,001 35.8%
  • Other

Votes: 664 23.7%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yep I'll be continuing to use the RP 10-48 or the RP 20-820 for 2ea oci's and even @$12 each I think it's a fair price .

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That's one thing I'll give Wix a lot of credit for, they have a good amount of specs for their filters right on the website

Last edited:

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I think with the money we spend on oil for our trucks a few extra bucks for the best Filter, per our testing, isn't too much to ask. I'd like to go with the 20-820, but it won't fit on the Durango, so for ease of ordering/one Filter for both I'll stick with the 10-48s.

That is unless one of you has some VooDoo secret that the 20-820 is actually .05 micron better at filtering! LoL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Just for info let's not forget that the Amsoil filter is also comparative to the royal purple. I don't remember what the prices though I think it's around 12 bucks

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Just sent an email to Purolator. Waiting fir a response. Will probobly be a few days. This is what i sent.

"
I am interested in the BOSS filter but have some questions.

What it the micron size rating for the 99% filtering efficiency of the Purolator BOSS?

Is the 99% efficency reached with multipul passes (at the same designated micron size as i just asked)? or just one pass?

is there any performance benafits to using your "polymer" mesh backing vs metal wire backing?

What matirial is your 100% synthetic media made of?

Thank you,
Kyle"

Last edited:

SHOOT2KILL

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015...2500H.D.
Engine
I think with the money we spend on oil for our trucks a few extra bucks for the best Filter, per our testing, isn't too much to ask. I'd like to go with the 20-820, but it won't fit on the Durango, so for ease of ordering/one Filter for both I'll stick with the 10-48s.

That is unless one of you has some VooDoo secret that the 20-820 is actually .05 micron better at filtering! LoL

Save your money...$3.97 @ Wally...1.3 million miles for me using them on 3500 series trucks. Add another 750k for the other non H.D. trucks/cars...1 filter related mishap since 1988...This # fits the 6.4...:love51:...Micron this...Filter media that...More VoooDooo B.S....Dyno tests prove that if you spin an AC/Delco filter on a Hemi, it gains an additional 15 hp...looool

Attachments

• 89017524_1_lg.jpg
    89017524_1_lg.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Save your money...$3.97 @ Wally...1.3 million miles for me using them...1 filter related mishap since 1988...This # fits the 6.4...:love51:

I will never use AC Delco, my grandfather who was a service manager in a Buick/Pontiac dealership for 47 years said he saw more problems with AC Delco stuff than any other brand.

He also said that good oil and a good Filter is the CHEAPEST thing you will buy for your vehicle.

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
Remember the Amsoil & RP oil Filter are virtually identical.

According to the very detailed YouTube video posted awhile back within this very same thread.

I am very fortunate for our family finances are in great shape & have been for 27 years to where I don't have to skimp on oil filters. :crazy:

I do feel I get my $$$ worth out of my FU or RP Filters since I run each filter for 2 OCI. $8-$9 each or $12 ea once a year is not going to make me lose sleep @ night.

Remember Note:
Thousands Up on Thousands chose to spend $250/$350 on a CAI!
As well as $1K-$2K on Loud Stereo Equipment.
We could go On & On of wasting hundreds of thousands of $$$$!!!!

I feel all that time and energy needs to be directed with the preaching towards this crowd on wasting $$$!
Not US big spenders!

We only spend $9-$12 on oil Filters!

Hmmm! Yup I thought so...

Last edited:

mrcon728

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Always Mobil 1 and K&N Premium Filter with 1" nut on it.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Always Mobil 1 and K&N Premium Filter with 1" nut on it.

If you like the M1 filter save a little and get the Mobil 1 filter. They are literally the same exact thing just labeled differently and slighly diff can.

SHOOT2KILL

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015...2500H.D.
Engine
I will never use AC Delco, my grandfather who was a service manager in a Buick/Pontiac dealership for 47 years said he saw more problems with AC Delco stuff than any other brand.

He also said that good oil and a good Filter is the CHEAPEST thing you will buy for your vehicle.

Champion Labs...Makes most of the oil filters mentioned in this thread...Including most the Ac/Delco brand... And your PREFERRED brand...Royal Purple...Champ Labs is now a subsidiary of FRAM........

Last edited:
Reactions: U&A

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Champion Labs...Makes most of the oil filters mentioned in this thread...Including most the Ac/Delco brand... And your PREFERRED brand...Royal Purple...Champ Labs is now a subsidiary of FRAM........

That's cool, I'm glad you found that, doesn't mean that different filters are not made to different standards.......but hey what would I know. Not like I've done my own research or had some first hand knowledge of Filter material and things like that.

Oh and the type of material that's in Fram Ultra and RP is the same type of material that is used in aircraft engine oil filters, you know the engines that cost 3.8 mil a piece.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
That's cool, I'm glad you found that, doesn't mean that different filters are not made to different standards.......but hey what would I know. Not like I've done my own research or had some first hand knowledge of Filter material and things like that.

Oh and the type of material that's in Fram Ultra and RP is the same type of material that is used in aircraft engine oil filters, you know the engines that cost 3.8 mil a piece.

But Fram Ultra and RP have completely different filter midia's.

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Better filter media equals better performance, regardless of who makes all the filters. Kyle you have done most of the hard work in this thread, I just don't like seeing guys come in here and try to discredit what we have all tried to do.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Better filter media equals better performance, regardless of who makes all the filters. Kyle you have done most of the hard work in this thread, I just don't like seeing guys come in here and try to discredit what we have all tried to do.

I understand i have contributed to the thread but i have done no more than others that have been here for a long time and even longer. We all appreciate the gratitude as we have all do the work

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
Quoted from Motorking in another thread, seems relevant here.

Hello,
I am the tech director at FRAM. Thank you for using our companies products. The additive basket in the HM filter is made by lubrisol, it is an outgrowth of the TRT Heavy Duty filters we make for fleet use. The additive maintains PH balance on acid and soot challenged engines in the HD market and extends drain intervals. The HM filter does the same on tired gas engines. The Ultra filter is designed for use with Synthetic oil. It has between 22-32 grams capacity depending on can size, is 99% efficient at 20 microns using ISO 4548-12 testing. The Ultra is a stainless steel screen backed dual layer synthetic media, a cartridge that is better than anything else in the market. There are comparable filters from Amsoil, Royal Purple, Bosch Distance except all of those cost nearly double or more than Ultra. Happy to answer your questions at [email protected]

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3044753#Post3044753

The simple way I was explained to how this works!
Each filter company gave champion labs a set of specs how they wanted their filter built.
Each filter created/built by Champion Labs at that time was built to totally different criteria depending on the specs given by the filter manufacturer.

Things today might have changed since Champion Labs filed Chapter 11 awhile back.

We need actual (Recent) White Paper Data from Champion Labs explaining today's methods.

I have sent Jay repeat messages via BITOG about Frams/Champion Labs joint venture but have not received any reply back.

Last edited:

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Syn I will find out the hard way, I'm gonna change the wife's oil and do 7 or 8 months on an OCI, we will see if Fram Ultra stiffens up at all. If there is any cellulose it will, if it is 100% spun it wont. Stay tuned, we are still figuring out stuff here on syn thread.

It may be 100% spun micro glass now, and those ads where cut and paste old info, dunno for sure. But we will know after that oci.