Votes: 400 14.4%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 160 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 994 35.8%
  • Other

Votes: 662 23.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
How much is a qrt of SS, I paid 9.97 per qrt for 5 cases redline. Amsoil is going low ash and that's a fact, so yes I can judge.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
How much is a qrt of SS, I paid 9.97 per qrt for 5 cases redline. Amsoil is going low ash and that's a fact, so yes I can judge.

Last i got was 8.90 (for 0w40) after the price increase and a 20$ a year Preferred Customer membership.
They are now doing $16 a year if it is set up as autopay.

And i do think amsoil is mostly group 3. Psi

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think Amsoil is a good oil and on some levels a Great oil , especially their old SS oil .
Not certin what their New oil formulations will be ?
Time will tell .
Unfortunately all oils are dropping the ( good stuff) damn govt / epa / idiots

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Everything I've read about ash is that it has pluses and minuses, so how much is enough and how much is too much?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
$8.55 a quart for SS 5/30 and didn't have to buy 5 cases to get that price.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
lol I didn't have to buy 5 cases for that price, I choose too.

amsoils formulas

It's not what they say, it is what they don't. They are only interested in Formulas that are good for DI Turbo's and gas mileage thanks to CAFE standards, and they say as much. So everyone even hemi owners who use new SS this will be the goal for the formula.

Nothing about metal to metal contact or making a hearty oil that gave them their name, but to make a sparce oil for future vehicles. What would make the new formula boutique? NOTHING is what. Everything that made Amsoil famous and an oil guys oil is GONE. Group 4 gone, high zinc gone, high calcium gone, high moly likely gone, maybe the boron and other good stuff will also have to go to meet the new spec. If Obama was handing out companies who are the gov't bch award, Amsoil would be first in line. I'm not going to sugar coat it for the Amsoil guys, if your oil changed that dramatically wth do you still call that just dandy. If ******* redline did that ****, I would never mention that brand again, period. Amsoil is a GD joke. Once a top two formula, now nothing special. I seriously doubt anyone here will be able to tell the difference between the new Amsoil and M1 in an uoa, but you can get m1 1/2 the price. Are you loyal to brand or formula? You will eat whatever **** a brand feeds you to stay loyal to it for what reason?

Hey there is a new Amsoil formula that adds saw dust, would that get an Amsoil guy off Amsoil, lol? They could have made a DI specific formula, but they choose to ruin their lineup for everyone to benefit a few. I understand why m1 did it, they never claimed to be a boutique formula.

Last edited:
Reactions: U&A

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
lol I didn't have to buy 5 cases for that price, I choose too.

amsoils formulas

It's not what they say, it is what they don't. They are only interested in Formulas that are good for DI Turbo's and gas mileage thanks to CAFE standards, and they say as much. So everyone even hemi owners who use new SS this will be the goal for the formula.

Nothing about metal to metal contact or making a hearty oil that gave them their name, but to make a sparce oil for future vehicles. What would make the new formula boutique? NOTHING is what. Everything that made Amsoil famous and an oil guys oil is GONE. Group 4 gone, high zinc gone, high calcium gone, high moly likely gone, maybe the boron and other good stuff will also have to go to meet the new spec. If Obama was handing out companies who are the gov't bch award, Amsoil would be first in line. I'm not going to sugar coat it for the Amsoil guys, if your oil changed that dramatically wth do you still call that just dandy. If ******* redline did that ****, I would never mention that brand again, period. Amsoil is a GD joke. Once a top two formula, now nothing special. I seriously doubt anyone here will be able to tell the difference between the new Amsoil and M1 in an uoa, but you can get m1 1/2 the price. Are you loyal to brand or formula? You will eat whatever **** a brand feeds you to stay loyal to it for what reason?

Hey there is a new Amsoil formula that adds saw dust, would that get an Amsoil guy off Amsoil, lol? They could have made a DI specific formula, but they choose to ruin their lineup for everyone to benefit a few. I understand why m1 did it, they never claimed to be a boutique formula.
LMAO. [emoji3] Has you're blood pressure came down yet?

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
On a side note. Amsoil makes great powersports products and small engine oil.

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On a side note. Amsoil makes great powersports products and small engine oil.
Got some lined up for the John Deere, just waiting for the fall oil change.

Reactions: U&A

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
LMAO. [emoji3] Has you're blood pressure came down yet?

Rod Ram is that you? Wonder where you went, whenever he would loose an argument hard he would divert as well just like, um you. You keep making it about me when it should be about how Amsoils business decisions affect their formula. It has been real fun but you certainly aren't about having a real discussion, so let's not.

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Rod Ram is that you? Wonder where you went, whenever he would loose an argument hard he would divert as well just like, um you. You keep making it about me when it should be about how Amsoils business decisions affect their formula. It has been real fun but you certainly aren't about having a real discussion, so let's not.
REALLY!!!!!! I haven't lost nothing. I was having a discussion. Last I checked this was a free country. Just shows how much in the Redline bag you are.

meedom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Posted this in Burla's latest oil change thread and figured I'd post it here too...Has anyone had any issues with installing the larger RP 20-820 vs the smaller 10-48 on the 5.7? Is it any more effort to get it on, and are there any known benefits?

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Posted this in Burla's latest oil change thread and figured I'd post it here too...Has anyone had any issues with installing the larger RP 20-820 vs the smaller 10-48 on the 5.7? Is it any more effort to get it on, and are there any known benefits?
No issues whatsoever. I'm running the 20-820 on my truck and it fits perfectly fine. The benefits would larger surface area for filtration and possibly better flow. Other than that no reason you can't run the 10-48

HammerHead

USMC 0313
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4Runner
Engine
Got some lined up for the John Deere, just waiting for the fall oil change.

There is a lot of speculation on the new formula with Amsoil, I'm waiting until I'm convinced the new formula is on the shelves. Then will be sending a quart to be tested for its anti-wear performance. If it's makes it into the top 30 out of 206 oils tested then that speaks for itself. And also looking at its performance when heated to 275 degrees Fahrenheit to see what the percentage drop is in Anti-wear performance. Why is this important? Because internal engine components are cooled by oil, and that oil can be 50-90 degrees Fahrenheit Hotter than oil sump temperatures. Some oils test well when heated to 275 degrees Fahrenheit while others drop up to 36% in Anti-wear performance. Choosing an oil with good Anti-wear performance and Anti-wear stability when heated is critical.
Here is an example: QSUD 5w30 placed 15th out of 206 oils in it's Anti-wear performance and when heated to 275 degrees Fahrenheit it's performance only dropped 3.7%
Second example: 5W30 Mobil 1, Advanced Full Synthetic placed 9th out of 206 oils tested for its anti-wear performance but when heated to 275 degrees Fahrenheit it's performance dropped 36%
What oil would you choose?
So, with all that being said the first and most important aspect of your oil is the Anti-wear performance and secondly is the Anti-wear stability when heated to 275 degrees Fahrenheit simulating the oil tempature inside your engine.
Your not going to find that critical information about your oil on this thread.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
You guys might not know this, but that is actually me in this bag.

Rothschenk-HP-R-Redline-2.jpg

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ordered a test kit from Blackstone today. They say they send them to Canuckastan so we will see if it shows up.

I think I am going to switch our Jeep Wrangler over to QSUD 5W30 (from PP 5W30) on the next OCI and when I do I am going to take a VOA of the QSUD to see if I want to run it in the Hemi on it's next OCI.

RysRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Ordered a test kit from Blackstone today. They say they send them to Canuckastan so we will see if it shows up.

I think I am going to switch our Jeep Wrangler over to QSUD 5W30 (from PP 5W30) on the next OCI and when I do I am going to take a VOA of the QSUD to see if I want to run it in the Hemi on it's next OCI.

I had one sent to Ontario in August. It arrived within 10 days. I was pleasantly surprised. I'll be returning it with sample the next time we cross the border.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I can tell you guys I am pretty impressed with this transmission fluid at 30k miles and 7 years of use. Literally bright pink with no dirt when checked from the tube. I have a full change of Redline and I do feel like changing it, at the same time I feel this factory fill has a lot more life in it. Maybe the 6 speed is better then we think, or the fact I am in tow haul 24/7 is making the fluid work less, don't really know I just know when I checked the wife's rav 4 that fluid was dirty at the same mileage. I would bet this fluid can go 100k miles.

chrism1367

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just ran qsud in my 2013 ram 5.7, and that thing clacked like crazy when cold. Had 5 qt pup 5w20 and 2 qt redline 5w30 in it before and it was pretty quiet. I took it out after a 1000 miles and replaced it with redline 5w2o, whatever was left in the oil filter stayed in, didn't switch that out. Made me cringe hearing it. It's quiet now with the redline. Is the redline 5w20basically the same as 5w30, just lower viscosity?