Votes: 404 14.4%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 161 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 1,002 35.8%
  • Other

Votes: 664 23.7%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
lol crazy, I have seen them chalk tires before to make sure the car had moved because it was parked in a spot that had a time limit but never seen ot done like that.
If the car was going to get moved why would it get put back in the same spot. Or are you saying the meeter maid calks the tires because of the time limit?

I guess I understand what your getting at but its super strange

Last edited:

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Not sure, marking the tires like that is crazy with not knowing why.. lol

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
To all the hammerheads and ratblog guys, you wanna slam redline for what it does, show me something that works better in a hemi. I haven't seen any UOA's from a hemi that has low wear numbers no matter what oil is being used. Right now I'm running the new formula Amsoil SS in mine, probably the only one here or at least the only one to admit to it. I'm not saying it's the answer at all, just I want to see what it will do. There's such a thing as being book smart and then there's been there, done that, got the t shirt. I believe that you read the books, take that under advisement, and then do you're own tests and see what you got. So this forum may be opinions, recommendations, hearsay, or whatever else you wanna call it, but in fact it's real world experience.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well said newbie .

One thing to take into consideration on higher wear metals # in UOA of Redline oils .

The oil is polar which attracts suspended ferous metals like iron and pulls them out during a drain , thus cleansing the crankcase more so than a different oil draining which is great , but definitely skews the # of iron in a UOA with Redline .

The Redline being Polar has been discussed on Bitog and here in the past ...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Murphy Slaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bighorn 4X4 Crew
Engine
Saw 2 cars on 2 different levels of a parking structure yesterday with these same exact chalk markings on the tires to the ground. Like they are watching for movement or something?

Anyone see this before?. Really odd.

I was gigging in Paducah Ky. ( a lot ) several years ago and was told the cops would paint your tires with some invisible paint you could only see with special glasses. That way if they spotted it later, they knew you'd been sitting at a bar.

Never verified it.

Reactions: U&A

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think PUP showed VERY low wear #'s.
That very well could be but me and Pennzoil are on the outs. It's a crap shoot trying to get it. It's in stock, out of stock. If I could order straight from Pennzoil I'd probably try it.

I even went to my dealer and ask them if they could order me some PUP 5/30. The only PUP they stock at all is 0/40. Parts guy called their supplier and they couldn't get 5/30.

Last edited:

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That very well could be but me and Pennzoil are on the outs. It's a crap shoot trying to get it. It's in stock, out of stock. If I could order straight from Pennzoil I'd probably try it.

I even went to my dealer and ask them if they could order me some PUP 5/30. The only PUP they stock at all is 0/40. Parts guy called their supplier and they couldn't get 5/30.

That's what makes me wander what would happen if I was to drive into my dealer for an oil change and tell them I wanted PUP put in. Would I be told that that the best they can do is PP or would they just put whatever in and charge me for PUP? That's why on the few occasions that I have had dealer oil changes I've taken my own oil.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
To all the hammerheads and ratblog guys, you wanna slam redline for what it does, show me something that works better in a hemi. I haven't seen any UOA's from a hemi that has low wear numbers no matter what oil is being used. Right now I'm running the new formula Amsoil SS in mine, probably the only one here or at least the only one to admit to it. I'm not saying it's the answer at all, just I want to see what it will do. There's such a thing as being book smart and then there's been there, done that, got the t shirt. I believe that you read the books, take that under advisement, and then do you're own tests and see what you got. So this forum may be opinions, recommendations, hearsay, or whatever else you wanna call it, but in fact it's real world experience.

amsoils old formula produced excellent wear numbers. Some of the best. And PUP was right by its side for wear number proformance.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That's what makes me wander what would happen if I was to drive into my dealer for an oil change and tell them I wanted PUP put in. Would I be told that that the best they can do is PP or would they just put whatever in and charge me for PUP? That's why on the few occasions that I have had dealer oil changes I've taken my own oil.

Wouldn't surprise me. Years ago I had a Ford dealership charge me for an oil change and not do it. Had I not checked the dipstick I wouldn't have known. Ever since then I always check the dipstick after a dealer change or just do it myself

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had pretty good wear numbers running PUP. SyN had even better numbers on PUP

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wouldn't surprise me. Years ago I had a Ford dealership charge me for an oil change and not do it. Had I not checked the dipstick I wouldn't have known. Ever since then I always check the dipstick after a dealer change or just do it myself
I had a ford dealer change oil in my old f150 one time, yeah, they changed oil but not the filter. Couldn't prove it one way or the other but why else would 6 Qts be almost a qt overfill.

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh, btw, I just remembered this. The Amsoil EA 15 50 filter which is the one for the 5.7 from all outward appearances seems to be a reskined M1. M113A.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Amsoil SS remains a very popular oil here, hasn't produced as good wear numbers as PUP and neither has redline. I had posted a uoa a while back that had a couple Amsoils and PUP on the same page. Redline isn't the best wear numbers imo, not really impressed with the numbers myself. However, I don't have an uoa of when my hemi was ticking, there have been that who do, and the wear numbers are very high. An oil that actually makes your knocking engine not knock, I don't need any paper or blog to tell me that's not good.
When you have an oil loaded with zinc, it does both things creates wear and protects from worse wear. What it most relevant is what is happening in older engines as far as wear goes, something I'm not sure we have a lot of paper on. It is really hard to get definite answers w/o having a good control group on aged engines.

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Amsoil SS remains a very popular oil here, hasn't produced as good wear numbers as PUP and neither has redline. I had posted a uoa a while back that had a couple Amsoils and PUP on the same page. Redline isn't the best wear numbers imo, not really impressed with the numbers myself. However, I don't have an uoa of when my hemi was ticking, there have been that who do, and the wear numbers are very high. An oil that actually makes your knocking engine not knock, I don't need any paper or blog to tell me that's not good.
When you have an oil loaded with zinc, it does both things creates wear and protects from worse wear. What it most relevant is what is happening in older engines as far as wear goes, something I'm not sure we have a lot of paper on. It is really hard to get definite answers w/o having a good control group on aged engines.
That's why I'm hopeing that this Amsoil lasts at least 6 months 5 to 6 thousand miles. I wanna see the UOA on the new formula. All my previous oil changes were good right after they were done but 12 to 15 hundred miles in I'd start getting noises I didn't like. Now was that a weak base or additives wearing out, don't know. Either way wasn't interested in what it really was other than its outa here, try something else.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
try what tds did, add lique moly?

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wanna see what the oil by itself does first. I feel that any oil out of the bottle should give you 5 to 6 thousand miles with no issues. Now if and when you find that oil and you wanna tweek it a little bit with something extra that's up to you. I just can't see taking a marginal oil and dumping in additives on you're own to try to make it serviceable.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I say do whatever works. Back in the day it clearly didn't matter, but with all of the issues with newer engines designs (hemi included), guys should rethink what they used to know about oil. Evolve to survive.

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I say do whatever works. Back in the day it clearly didn't matter, but with all of the issues with newer engines designs (hemi included), guys should rethink what they used to know about oil. Evolve to survive.
Yeah, back in the day we got away with alot of stuff that we wouldn't even dare try now. When I was in high school I had a vw beetle, 2.5 qt oil capacity. I'd put in 2 Qts of Quaker state 30 wt plus a full can of STP. Ran than year around. Beat that car like a rented mule and it never missed a beat. Wouldn't even thick if that nowadays.