Votes: 400 14.4%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 160 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 994 35.8%
  • Other

Votes: 662 23.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I'm ok, plan is in place, added some PYB to my push in the pool list, lol. My wife donated half of her cloths, had a couple vehicles stuff moved, and our cars are packed and ready to go. I don't know what chance there is to leave this town out of the mess, but Friday into Saturday the wind will be bad our way for two days in a row. Anyhow, aint the end of the world, just looks like it. I just demo'd the outbuilding and haven't remodeled it, so if it burns it will be nice to sit back and let the ins pay for it. When the electricity goes out I wont be able to post, but have confidence I am ok. The entire neighborhood of 6 homes have all agreed, we all leave together. My wife is already making plans to make the new home to our specs, I think she will be devastated if this house doesn't burn down, ha.

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good to hear from you, miss you're expertise on here but I know you have much more important things to take care of. My thoughts and prayers to you and youres, be safe.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just turned 34k
This is a uoa of my Hemi @ 34k , check out my copper and what Blackstone says about copper levels in their notes on top .

Hope this helps !

5db81d81d1aa46d3cd2e6ddb737648aa.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This is a uoa of my Hemi @ 34k , check out my copper and what Blackstone says about copper levels in their notes on top .

Hope this helps !

This sample was with Redline 5W-30 with 8k + on the oil and Blackstone says add 2k to this oil with a TBN of 3.3 , so basically the recommend me going to 10k + on this oil with 60 ppm of copper still in my oil . What's your copper ppm at 34k Sir ?

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Hope this helps !

I missed that comment about copper when you first posted that UOA. Puts my mind at ease a bit, Thanks!

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I missed that comment about copper when you first posted that UOA. Puts my mind at ease a bit, Thanks!
Yes Sir , hope you sleep easier [emoji16]

Reactions: U&A

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
But to talk shop, interesting thing that tick coming back, and it was banging yesterday, not so much today. If it was the moly that plates, why would sitting for a week allow the tick to come back? Maybe it is the combo of everything that kills the tick, not just the moly. It was ticking just a little there, it has been so smooth for 5 years there has been literally zero tick. Also, I am near the end of a 2 year oci, so maybe some factors are working against me at the present time. I'm not going to change the oil yet, let's see if the tick makes it back, and I can get some good video of it.

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I think the thought you had of it sitting for a while, plus the long OCI, that combination may be the issue. I know for a fact you will hunt it down and see what is the culprit, just glad mine doesn’t do that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
If the moly plate isn't that significant which many guys are say'n, I think that says something impressive about the ester/pao base oil that it is that much more dense it can stop hemi tick, when most oils wont.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Burla,

I am still, thinking that the larger majority of the equation to remove tick is the ester stock. I completely understand the effects and benafits of moly... that leads me to believe it has to be the two of them are working together. Moly AND ester.

Your truck sitting for so long would most definitely cause there to be less oil present in your top end. Gravity at work. In a normal situation in a daily driver The ester's polar effects would seem to me that it would create a nice thick "clinging" film on the lifters helping to prevent the tick. Maybe not so much when it sits for a long time?

I also believe that when the truck sits like that and the ester oil drains from the lifters and the moly is still left behind. Im assuming the same as you and AFmoultion that the extended OCI could be a factor. Age defanitly has strange effects on things. Even when said thing is not used much.

Just thinking out loud.

Last edited:

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
If the moly plate isn't that significant which many guys are say'n, I think that says something impressive about the ester/pao base oil that it is that much more dense it can stop hemi tick, when most oils wont.

Exactly