Votes: 401 14.4%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 161 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 999 35.8%
  • Other

Votes: 664 23.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Something interesting to ponder is that 2 of the 3 V8s that FCA produces still call for 0W40. That's the 6.2 (Hellcat) and 6.4 in the challenger, charger, and HD pickups. I do realize that the 5.7 sales far outnumber those two put together. Still, the 6.4 in the passenger cars came out in 2011 and the 6.4 in the HD trucks just came out 3 years ago. They were brand new motors... why didn't they design them to run on baby oil? The better question may be in how they got away with it. My guess is because they are comparatively low production numbers in comparison to the 5.7. Contrasting thoughts?
Probably most of the chargers and alot if the challengers have the V6 and then they just flat screw the 5.7 to get that extra little bit which allows them to produce the 6.4 for the hardcore enthusiast and HD trucks.JMO.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Rampant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Probably most of the chargers and alot if the challengers have the V6 and then they just flat screw the 5.7 to get that extra little bit which allows them to produce the 6.4 for the hardcore enthusiast and HD trucks.JMO.

i agree. Because of the fleet and rental industries, the 6-bangers are most likely the biggest seller. It would be interesting to see the numbers breakdown.

I just looked up a bunch of '17 Euro cars. ALL of them I looked at (mostly 6 bangers) from Audi, VW, Porsche, Benz, and get this ... even the FCA-owned Alpha Romeo-produced 1.7 Liter 4-BANGER calls for a 0w40! WTF over...

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i agree. Because of the fleet and rental industries, the 6-bangers are most likely the biggest seller. It would be interesting to see the numbers breakdown.

I just looked up a bunch of '17 Euro cars. ALL of them I looked at (mostly 6 bangers) from Audi, VW, Porsche, Benz, and get this ... even the FCA-owned Alpha Romeo-produced 1.7 Liter 4-BANGER calls for a 0w40! WTF over...
I know we just got some 10/60 Castrol in the store. I just glanced at it but I think it has a BMW and other euro car spec on it.

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Apparently the Europeans don't worry about mileage so much, just performance.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Something interesting to ponder is that 2 of the 3 V8s that FCA produces still call for 0W40. That's the 6.2 (Hellcat) and 6.4 in the challenger, charger, and HD pickups. I do realize that the 5.7 sales far outnumber those two put together. Still, the 6.4 in the passenger cars came out in 2011 and the 6.4 in the HD trucks just came out 3 years ago. They were brand new motors... why didn't they design them to run on baby oil? The better question may be in how they got away with it. My guess is because they are comparatively low production numbers in comparison to the 5.7. Contrasting thoughts?

Good point
The way I understand it is, ( and correct me if im wrong)

when it comes to the HD trucks, they are not rated the same way for MPG and don’t affect the “points” the manufacturer gets with the EPA. So the dont worry as much. It has somthing to do with them being “work trucks”

Iv NEVER seen a MPG rating sticker on a new HD truck. and if you ask the dealer they wont give you a defanit MPG rating answer because of this. The other thing is...... and iv said it many times..... if the HD trucks are not rated for MPG because they are “work trucks” than WHY THE FU&@ did they put MDS in them.

Take that **** off FCA.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Someone made a comment the other night, and I don't remember who it was, about Mobil 1 not having the doughnut. I looked at it today and the only Mobil 1 that does not have the doughnut is the high mileage. We don't have any of the new annual change stuff in the store so I can't speak to that one.

I know that M1 doesnt have the MS6395 cert. As someone pointed oit earlier it would have no problem meeting it, its a great oil.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
My thoughts exactly !!!!! Tree hugging want to ride a peddling bike to work idiots !!!! Good God Please don't get my pressures up prior to my freaking cardiovascular procedure on the 12th !![emoji848][emoji848][emoji36][emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Relax RLK. You know, you should be running 0w20 blood until after your surgery.....:)

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
LUBOAMA OIL CO

COMING SOON TO A STORE NEAR YOU

PREORDER AT Obama/EPA fucksamerica.org

All sales are final. ( We don't want the **** back)

All sales come with free flac jacket.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I'd rather go ahead and die.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
LOL !

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
White Paper Redline S-1, probably the most impressive aspect of running S-1 is the protection against rust with the newer ethanol gas. Amsoil PI very similar product.

White paper 2 stroke oil for Kyle.

Redline gear fluid, I recommend you use one that redline recommends for that application. Redline 75w85 for the front diff, 75w140 for read diff, never heard anyone needing additive with this oil. If a company doesn't state they use ester based fluid in the gear formula, don't assume they do. See the huge difference in lubrication properties between ester based gear fluid and petroleum gear fluids. In gears and Tranny's is where ester based fluids really shine.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
White Paper Redline S-1, probably the most impressive aspect of running S-1 is the protection against rust with the newer ethanol gas. Amsoil PI very similar product.

White paper 2 stroke oil for Kyle.

Redline gear fluid, I recommend you use one that redline recommends for that application. Redline 75w85 for the front diff, 75w140 for read diff, never heard anyone needing additive with this oil. If a company doesn't state they use ester based fluid in the gear formula, don't assume they do. See the huge difference in lubrication properties between ester based gear fluid and petroleum gear fluids. In gears and Tranny's is where ester based fluids really shine.

Anchorman quote .... ( substitute Ron Burgundy with “Burla”)

I hate you Ron Burgundy! I Hate you!

LOL

Now i have to figure out what to do with my amsoil saber pouches. I’ve got to have like 30 of them left. LOL.....I’m for sure going to be buying redlines TCW3 for my truck as well.

Maybe ill use the saber in my zero turn and other equipment in place of TCW3. Cant hurt.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Naw man use then up, I would. Maybe run some redline between runs clean out the carbon. Oldy but a goody to go with that white paper on 2 stroke.

group 3 versus group 5, it is what it is.

Everyone always quotes that dude, I need to watch that movie sometime.

Last edited:

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Seriously, I need to watch that. Next time it's on, guaranteed.

From what I can tell, modern news isn't far off of that silly show. Who would have ever thought the national enquirer would have more integrity then every news station in America?

Last edited:

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Naw man use then up, I would. Maybe run some redline between runs clean out the carbon. Oldy but a goody to go with that white paper on 2 stroke.

group 3 versus group 5, it is what it is.

Everyone always quotes that dude, I need to watch that movie sometime.

I really dont think im going to use them in the chainsaw at least. Every other 2stroke... yes, they were cheap I like Echo blowers and small stuff like that.
But that was a $750 chainsaw. Ill use redline.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Just don't use that 75w140 in the front diff on a 1500 , I emailed Ram and they said the tolerances on the gears were to small for that thick of fluid.
But it will work just fine on the HD trucks, they dont care about having tight tolerances on them.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just don't use that 75w140 in the front diff on a 1500 , I emailed Ram and they said the tolerances on the gears were to small for that thick of fluid.
But it will work just fine on the HD trucks, they dont care about having tight tolerances on them.
That's funny ^^^^^^^^