Votes: 400 14.4%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 160 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 994 35.8%
  • Other

Votes: 662 23.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'll be holding onto my 14 Ram , Ive already installed much beefier UCAS [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
That blows rusting out in 5 years.

You know guys to be honest I like some of what I see with the new Ram. It is an improvement over my 2010 6 speed with 3.55's, and at least they stayed away from the DI. Still nervous about the hybrid and the composite control arms, but there is also a lot to like. So will those be 5 gen Smiley? I can see a guy getting a 2019 and a lifetime warranty.

Lifetime warranty is the only way

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Yeah, it is better then my 2010, but I would be pretty happy if I had a 2014 to be honest.

so guys this will be 5 gen?

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
It finally got close to 30 today. Like 24 i think. Took the chance to powerwash the **** out of my truck and man was the salt water POURING out of the inside of my bedsides.

Mines getting it tomorrow as its allmst white right now.
I feel better about it with it being fluid filmed.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'd say yes to 5th Gen

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That blows rusting out in 5 years.

You know guys to be honest I like some of what I see with the new Ram. It is an improvement over my 2010 6 speed with 3.55's, and at least they stayed away from the DI. Still nervous about the hybrid and the composite control arms, but there is also a lot to like. So will those be 5 gen Smiley? I can see a guy getting a 2019 and a lifetime warranty.
You know I completely missed that. No DI or turbos. I'd rather have an electric motor than either of those. And with a lifetime warranty it might not be too bad except for the down time...

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It finally got close to 30 today. Like 24 i think. Took the chance to powerwash the **** out of my truck and man was the salt water POURING out of the inside of my bedsides.
Yeah that sucks. The good news is when it's that cold it's not doing as much damage as when it's say 35-40...

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Check the first 1/4 of this video out:

He talks about "typical valve train failure" and the updates Jasper did to the Hemi pistons. It sounds like that noise some of us hear until the motor warms up is indeed piston slap

Reactions: U&A

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mines getting it tomorrow as its allmst white right now.
I feel better about it with it being fluid filmed.
We just got 12 inches of snow today, might be a couple of days before mine gets a bath.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
You know I completely missed that. No DI or turbos. I'd rather have an electric motor than either of those. And with a lifetime warranty it might not be too bad except for the down time...

Id have to say id rather have turbos over electric anything.
Its the DI that ruins the ecoboost IMO. I can manage the downfalls of a turbo charged gas engine. I love turbos.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
We just got 12 inches of snow today, might be a couple of days before mine gets a bath.

Snow shmow... you can wash in the snow. Its the blistering cold you cant do it in.:anitoof:

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Snow shmow... you can wash in the snow. Its the blistering cold you cant do it in.:anitoof:
Gotta be able to get to the car wash first, right now can't even get outa the driveway. This is NC, they don't clear the secondary roads here, just wait on it to melt.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Check the first 1/4 of this video out:

He talks about "typical valve train failure" and the updates Jasper did to the Hemi pistons. It sounds like that noise some of us hear until the motor warms up is indeed piston slap

He was using a fram orange filter......really......really.

MeatCurtains

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Its the DI that ruins the ecoboost IMO. I can manage the downfalls of a turbo charged gas engine. I love turbos.
Coming from the turbo world it's not all that great. Everything is finicky, anything modern is super sensitive to modification, and will require a recalibration of the fuel and load tables to run right without massive corrections made by the ECU robbing your power. Want an cold air intake, needs a recalibration, want a different brand cold air intake? Needs a recalibration. Also turbos are not cheap to replace, and for many vehicles barely make it outside of warranty before failure, they are sensitive to fuel quality, and the engines are typically total turds outside of flat footing it for Max boost.

Direct injection sucks however there are a few vehicles now sporting twin injection allowing for better air fuel mxture at anything from idle to flat out. The port injection side also keeps the valves clean eliminating the 25k mile Walnut blasting. It is what all vehicles should have at this point as it will better meet emissions standards and make better power.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi

Turbo's are great, all it is in increasing air/fuel. It is the direct injection that is high risk imo. When vehicles are so finicky they may explode when the oil has too much calcium, that is a concern to me. And PI turbo's are cheaper and do not have this issue. However, DI's get more fuel economy in the lab, so that is what everyone gets. I would really like to know of anyone is making port injection turbo's these days. I guess they are say'n much of them are hybrid or combo of both technologies, but I would like to see PI personally.

I don't have an issue with electric either, but battery's that is another story.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Gotta be able to get to the car wash first, right now can't even get outa the driveway. This is NC, they don't clear the secondary roads here, just wait on it to melt.

These trucks will eat up 12” of snow like birthday cake. Go play.

MeatCurtains

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Turbo's are great, all it is in increasing air/fuel. It is the direct injection that is high risk imo. When vehicles are so finicky they may explode when the oil has too much calcium, that is a concern to me. And PI turbo's are cheaper and do not have this issue. However, DI's get more fuel economy in the lab, so that is what everyone gets. I would really like to know of anyone is making port injection turbo's these days. I guess they are say'n much of them are hybrid or combo of both technologies, but I would like to see PI personally.

I don't have an issue with electric either, but battery's that is another story.
The STI is still the same ej257 it's had since forever. Port injected.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk