Votes: 400 14.4%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 160 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 994 35.8%
  • Other

Votes: 662 23.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
AWSOME! ^^^ I bet that think was a tank!

Pun intended.

I would dream about riding that thing when I wasn’t riding it.

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I took a video of what I thought I’ve started hearing but you cannot hear it at all in the video. It is very faint even in person. Notice it when it is warm not cold. The pattern of the ticking sound is very reminiscent of injectors but almost like one of them is louder. When I heard it today I made two stops while driving after the truck was warm. the first time I stopped, oil was already at operating temperature and I was hearing it. at the second stop I opened the hood and checked again and could not hear at all that time. maybe my mind is that messing with me or maybe it’s the injectors. just going to keep an eye it now.

On second thought I remember reading somewhere rampant was talking about how his injectors were louder on shell gas even though the truck ran better. Well I usually use shell 93 exclusively with my 50/50 mix of MMO and TCW3 and have never heard this....but this time I ran Marathon 93 octane and instead of my usual TCW3 mixture.....this time I did a heavy dose (1.5 bottles) of Gumout” with PEA. Being that one bottle can be used in a small car with a 18-20 gallon tank i usually do 1.5 bottles for my 32 gallon tank.

Maybe i found the reason this is happening as that is the only veriable that has changed!!

What do you guys think?
I don't know if rampart made that comment or not but I did. I feel my engine runs better on shell 93 than it does on bp93 but it's quieter on bp. The only additive I use is Lucas fuel treatment on occasion, no special time table, just whenever I think about it. The Lucas quiets my injectors somewhat, not completely quiet but quieter than without it. I'm starting to just get used to it and not even listen anymore, pretty much if it ain't knocking I'm not gonna worry about it.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Sorry. Your right. It was you. Thanks for correcting me

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry. Your right. It was you. Thanks for correcting me
No problem, I get confused as to who said what all the time.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I also wanted to share this chart is spot on different temperatures in my transmission.... 66RFE.

I have compared my fluid levels from temperatures of 100, 120, 130, 140, and 160 so far with this chart and it is dead nuts on.

341545A9-298B-4E76-9AF8-FCDB68132E20.png

Last edited:

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Well I took a video of what I thought I’ve started hearing but you cannot hear it at all in the video. It is very faint even in person. Notice it when it is warm not cold. The pattern of the ticking sound is very reminiscent of injectors but almost like one of them is louder. When I heard it today I made two stops while driving after the truck was warm. the first time I stopped, oil was already at operating temperature and I was hearing it. at the second stop I opened the hood and checked again and could not hear at all that time. maybe my mind is that messing with me or maybe it’s the injectors. just going to keep an eye it now.

On second thought I remember reading somewhere rampant was talking about how his injectors were louder on shell gas even though the truck ran better. Well I usually use shell 93 exclusively with my 50/50 mix of MMO and TCW3 and have never heard this....but this time I ran Marathon 93 octane and instead of my usual TCW3 mixture.....this time I did a heavy dose (1.5 bottles) of Gumout” with PEA. Being that one bottle can be used in a small car with a 18-20 gallon tank i usually do 1.5 bottles for my 32 gallon tank.

Maybe i found the reason this is happening as that is the only veriable that has changed!!

What do you guys think?

Your using a top gear gas, shouldn't need to add your additives at every fill. Maybe at each oil change. Of course, just my opinion.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
The tcw3 is an extreamly mild cleaner. Some would hesitate to even call it a cleaner. I only “clean” with a PEA additive. Tcw3 and mmo seeve a diff porpose. Although IMO my mixture does contribute to KEEPING it clean.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
That flag back window really looks good with that truck, maybe it's the color. I think I will have to look into that with my blue truck, although that is a risk living in the ****** zone. ******* out here think the red white and blue is a hate crime, lol. All of our neighbors and myself fly the colors any ol how.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I also am considering a voodoo ram decal, just kinda busy, took a house down to the studs and will spend a couple more mos putting back everything. Kinda takes priority at the moment. Although it is Feb which means my 2 year oci is up, so I will be changing the oil w/i the next couple weeks and sending it to BS.

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I also am considering a voodoo ram decal, just kinda busy, took a house down to the studs and will spend a couple more mos putting back everything. Kinda takes priority at the moment. Although it is Feb which means my 2 year oci is up, so I will be changing the oil w/i the next couple weeks and sending it to BS.
I was wandering where you had been, you're presence was missed.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Wanna **** off alot of people, put a Confederate flag in you're window.

Yeah but that aint something I believe in. I served the rw&b, my brother, father and grand father did as well. I don't judge, but I roll with our current flag.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI

Is this another excuse to not install a CC....

Sorry. Had to say it.

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah but that aint something I believe in. I served the rw&b, my brother, father and grand father did as well. I don't judge, but I roll with our current flag.
Oh, I know, just making a statement. I'm a transplant, spent most of my life in Ohio, then a short stint in Calif., then moved to NC. I find it interesting that these snowflakes are offended and afraid of anything that has to do with the south. It's history, either learn it or repeat it.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
This is 69's, another one I like is the ones that are rolling. Which ones better? I kind of dig the rolling flag with the eagle? But I dig 69's as well, it is a close call.

20180207_153143-jpg.119819

il_fullxfull.908440432_agul.jpg

41KoNKd4JGL._SY355_.jpg

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Is this another excuse to not install a CC....

Sorry. Had to say it.

Lol, listen you *** I am CC 2018.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I like 69’s .... flag.....the most

Edited for ramnewbie

Last edited: