Votes: 400 14.4%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 160 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 995 35.8%
  • Other

Votes: 662 23.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lesson Learned: ALWAYS buy a DEEP oil drain pan. I used to have a deep circular pan, tossed it a while back. Bought a new one from Walmart, I was skeptical of the design but went with it. Got home, slowly cracked the drain plug, as soon as the last thread let loose, monsoon of 200deg oil! Half in the pan, half overflowing down the driveway. 60lbs of cat litter and a lot of degreaser, pressure washing, scrubbing, the stain is almost gone...LUCKILY no REDLINE oil was lost.View attachment 178043
View attachment 178044
giphy.gif

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but man, do they ever come up with some great ideas

16RamHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Sport Crew
my truck is lifted 4" and a 5 gallon pail fits perfectly under the plug. cant miss. not spilling anything when removing the filter....well thats another story. first go round wasnt too bad with the ziploc bag method. hopefully round 2 goes better. im at just under 7000 on redline. ordered oil yesterday. should be changing it next weekend. thought about switching up filters with a couple guys having issues lately (rp), but it treated me very well this oci. so ill stick with the larger 20-820.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Ram trucks have a water pump recall?

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Cool.

I might have been wrong about redline not using tn moly, according to some guys at bob's it is tri nuclear moly. I guess there is no way to know for sure, but if it is doesn't that explain a lot?

16RamHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Sport Crew
I think most issues were with the 10-48

i agree, thats what i recall reading. No reason for me to change right now. I will be doing a uoa this change, so we will see what that says. But as far as providing me no start up tick, especially after sitting at one time 9.5 days and at times sitting at inclines over night, the filter is doing its job imo.

16RamHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Sport Crew
got to out this thread back to the first page... i have a question i have probably asked before but i would appreciate some clarification. im at 6800 miles on my first go round with redline. im out of town this weekend so i wont get to change the oil until next weekend. i picked up a bottle of redline fuel system cleaner. i have just over 3/4 tank of gas. it says to pour it in before fueling up.

what is the best way to maximize this stuff given these circumstances? truck will sit all weekend until monday afternoon, possibly until tuesday morning.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
got to out this thread back to the first page... i have a question i have probably asked before but i would appreciate some clarification. im at 6800 miles on my first go round with redline. im out of town this weekend so i wont get to change the oil until next weekend. i picked up a bottle of redline fuel system cleaner. i have just over 3/4 tank of gas. it says to pour it in before fueling up.

what is the best way to maximize this stuff given these circumstances? truck will sit all weekend until monday afternoon, possibly until tuesday morning.

Personally I'd dump it in now, top off the tank, then run it down to about 1/4 of a tank before you change the oil/fill up again.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

they say to pour it in before fueling up so when you put new fuel in it mixes it all up. I would say you would be safe to add it while at a gas station then top it off. I would run the treated tank of fuel to at least a quarter tank before changing your oil.

16RamHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Sport Crew
Personally I'd dump it in now, top off the tank, then run it down to about 1/4 of a tank before you change the oil/fill up again.
they say to pour it in before fueling up so when you put new fuel in it mixes it all up. I would say you would be safe to add it while at a gas station then top it off. I would run the treated tank of fuel to at least a quarter tank before changing your oil.

thanks guys. Ill do just that. i should end up using around half a tank next week. then ill change the oil next weekend. then ill fill up again after oil change. Appreciate the feedback!

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We use a gas chromatograph at work to keep track of impurities in the gas coming into the plant and then again in the liquifying process(turning a gas into a liquid for storage). I would assume that they heat the used motor oil up enough for it to vaporize and then test the gases created from that to see what's in it? What's the difference between this and what we see in the UOA's that the guys post on here?

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
In a nut shell, a more clear picture of what is in the oil as read by a mass spectrometer. I'm pretty sure there is an image I can post from google.

I was wrong, I didn't see a good image, maybe someone else can find one and a bonus for one with engine oil, but basically think the elemental chart, everything in our world is an element, this reads the elemental makeup of a substance.

HammerHead

USMC 0313
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4Runner
Engine
Found this company but haven't heard back from anyone yet, interesting options for oil testing. Not sure if they will test for the average Joe; others I contacted today only do testing for companies or clients. Not sure why this has been so hard but I stumbled across this site and found the testing options interesting.

https://www.tricocorp.com/services/oil-analysis/used-oil-analysis/