Votes: 400 14.4%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 160 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 994 35.8%
  • Other

Votes: 662 23.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Don’t know why people buy into this stuff.
I get why they buy into it, but I don't know why they hold onto it when it was a proven failure. It's like ok, tried some stuff, didnt work, now we are moving forward. Instead these idiots are all like we are committed to these water based lubricants in a city that due to fog is one of the wettest cities in the world. All of my family that lives in SF lives near oceanside, so we know what it is like to have metal anything in this location, everything rusts just like in the salt belt. Between the salt air and the fog, it is like acid rain. I can't imagine running heavy equipment w/o sometime of suspension lubes. Plus the turns and the attachment points, when those trains turn you can hear them anywhere within 3 miles. screeeeeeech. lol

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
How dumb is dumb anyhow?

"The connection is that we are regulatory obligated to use a water based solution and it keeps the environment safe, and we're very committed to it," said Julie Kirschbaum from SFMTA. "But, it also tends to wash away in heavy rainfall."

Muni says it can't use a lot of lubricant all at once because it could impact the stopping capabilities of the trains so the lubricant has to be added carefully.

So SF uses a water based lubricant on their train, lol? In sea air, and they have to by law? I have three family members that live right where these trains drive through, says they are woken up all night from the loudest squeals you can imagine. There are many choice for lubrication that isnt petroleum based, but these fools went water based, basically means there is no lubrication on a 80,000 pound train, lmao?

So question, what is a water based lube? I have read a lot of stuff on lubes, never once heard of any water based lube that would be appropriate for any vehicle not alone a 80,000 pound train. What are they using ky jelly? I mean why not at least use corn oil product? Glycerol is my best guess but those are not carbon nuetral at all, in fact much more complicated then some grown veggi oil. Similar production as esters, so no small deal. How is this an environmental solution over grown oil? This is just sick and stupid man, they want to force people into public transit and then ruin public transit.

I keep telling you guys...

0W-0 Heavy Water!

They're having a sale on tritium up here at the moment. Adds radioactivity as a bonus.

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
After the first three dealership oil changes, I've only used Mobil 1 5w-20 Full syn.

I am at 65,000 miles and I am going to try out Liqui Moly 2259 Special Tec AA 5W-20 Synthetic Motor Oil.

It's overall cheaper than the redline, and I will be adding Liqui Moly 20256 Truck Series Oil Treatment.

I'll report back if it helps the hemi lifter tick.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Thinking out loud, what about emulsified lubricants? That must be what they use on SF trains, much more durable then glycerin. Can use some silicone which might be considered better for the environment then corn oil. Not saying that would be my position, but you can see how someone this desperate to be stupid could justify this raggedy c ra p.

Technically this isnt water based, but you can also see how easy it would be for said desperate fool to claim it is because water would be the first line item.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
That will go to China, they need more neutron bombs.

It's going into the ground water at the leaky Monticello Nuke Plant over the past months. They finally shut 'er down to find the leak. Seems like a Geiger counter would have worked quick?

Anyway, a little glowing water never hurt anybody. We could all use a hundred chest x-rays a year, too. I know - I was born and raised on DDT.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Thinking out loud, what about emulsified lubricants? That must be what they use on SF trains, much more durable then glycerin. Can use some silicone which might be considered better for the environment then corn oil. Not saying that would be my position, but you can see how someone this desperate to be stupid could justify this raggedy c ra p.

Technically this isnt water based, but you can also see how easy it would be for said desperate fool to claim it is because water would be the first line item.

I'm not that smart - Mobil actually had an emulsified hydraulic oil for fire risk areas, in steel mills. It didn't lubricate that great, of course, but they used it on slides and ways for material handling - surely a lot went into the ground in the good old days.

Later they introduced bio hydraulic oil. Pretty sure that had limited shelf life and capability.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
It's going into the ground water at the leaky Monticello Nuke Plant over the past months. They finally shut 'er down to find the leak. Seems like a Geiger counter would have worked quick?

Anyway, a little glowing water never hurt anybody. We could all use a hundred chest x-rays a year, too. I know - I was born and raised on DDT.
We will now change your name to “shelless eagle “ !

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not that smart - Mobil actually had an emulsified hydraulic oil for fire risk areas, in steel mills. It didn't lubricate that great, of course, but they used it on slides and ways for material handling - surely a lot went into the ground in the good old days.

Later they introduced bio hydraulic oil. Pretty sure that had limited shelf life and capability.
Sounds like Fyrquel. We used it in the power plant I previously worked at. Fire resistant ester based fluids.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI

knightjp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Possible solution for warped manifolds and broken studs
I believe that Flowtech have a set of shorty headers that did the same thing. I saw it featured on Stacey David's show.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7

HuskerRam

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel

Possible solution for warped manifolds and broken studs
Nice, thanks for the share. This would have been a good find earlier this week when I fixed the passenger side.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI