Votes: 400 14.4%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 160 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 994 35.8%
  • Other

Votes: 662 23.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

White six four

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Chiming in concerning the RAV 4
We were really looking into ordering one for the wife a year or so ago until we found out after the first year you would have to pay monthly or yearly for the remote start to work. More then likely we would never use the remote start but it's just the point of having to pay for something that the vehicle already is equipped with so we passed on it.

Oil related- Hopefully the weather keeps warming up here so I can make the switch from 0w30 redline to 5w30 for the summer.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
We were really looking into ordering one for the wife a year or so ago until we found out after the first year you would have to pay monthly or yearly for the remote start to work. More then likely we would never use the remote start but it's just the point of having to pay for something that the vehicle already is equipped with so we passed on it.

Oil related- Hopefully the weather keeps warming up here so I can make the switch from 0w30 redline to 5w30 for the summer.
wow, that is harsh.

You can buy after market remote start, but I hate that. tbh I hate any access for a dealer to have on me vehicle after sale. So they use their satellite system for remote start instead of direct from fob. Onstar ruined the world, unless you fly off a cliff, then it's great. Why I like my 2009 base model, there is no access nada, mise well be an model t with a radio, that is all I have. The first thing I will have to look into is can I delete that crap otherwise dunno. That is what drew me to rav 4 in the first place, base model no thrills, it sounds like maybe that has gone away. Will have to see if they still have base model with no toyo version of onstar. good info, thanks

No matter what she ends up with, no way I part with my 2009, they can bury me in that.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
I don't use remote start anymore, being retired.

It was nice when working to get the cab temp halfway decent after sitting out in the parking lot all day, here in the most intemperate region in USA.

RodRamCar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Longhorn
Engine
5.7 4x4 w/ 3.92s
Wish I thought to make a pre-oil change video of my '22 5.7L non-etorque with 5800 miles on the odometer, but the EPA pushing for these 0w-20 oils that may as well be water is bullcrap. Just the way it flows out of the pan is cringe-worthy. Anyways, just put in Redline 5w30 with a Royal Purple 20-820 filter. 5th Gens have even less room than the later 4th Gen for that filter lol. Here's a video of the truck and it certainly quiets the truck down :

knightjp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol thats my favorite part. They love HPL because its got the ester and moly and depending on which linw you buy the pao to yet they hate redline lol
They hate Redline because of @Burla. I remember seeing thread where someone was talking so much smack about him and called this thread a huge channel of misinformation. LOL

RodRamCar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Longhorn
Engine
5.7 4x4 w/ 3.92s
They hate Redline because of @Burla. I remember seeing thread where someone was talking so much smack about him and called this thread a huge channel of misinformation. LOL
Why hate on Redline? Is it because it took business away from HPL? All I know is when I have used Redline, my truck has been happier. That was on a 2017 and now a 2022.

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 Laramie 4x4 QC, True Blue Pearl
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I don't use remote start anymore, being retired.

It was nice when working to get the cab temp halfway decent after sitting out in the parking lot all day, here in the most intemperate region in USA.

I'm also retired but I still use the remote start on the first start-up of the day, but not really to warm it up. I can't come up with a good reason for it other than I feel better about having it idle for at least 15 seconds to a max of about 30 seconds.

So I will remote start the truck as I'm getting my coat on, then go out, get in, and on my way within about 10 seconds.

We rarely see temps in the teens or lower (Fahrenheit) around here so 15-30 seconds is really just for me and the truck to clear any possible alarms or indicators of doom, let the oil make a circuit or three and off we go.

ToxicFire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
im getting the redline itch and i need to scratch it. Going to run redline 5w30 this summer
I did redline for a few years but its now $20 liter here so i go with pennz ultra 5w30 in the summer months and dont notice any difference between redline 5w30.
In the winter i was still doing redline 5w20 because i had a fair amount of it but no more so probably going to stick with the pennz ultra. When redline was $13 liter out here then i didnt mind as much haha

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
I'm also retired but I still use the remote start on the first start-up of the day, but not really to warm it up. I can't come up with a good reason for it other than I feel better about having it idle for at least 15 seconds to a max of about 30 seconds.

So I will remote start the truck as I'm getting my coat on, then go out, get in, and on my way within about 10 seconds.

We rarely see temps in the teens or lower (Fahrenheit) around here so 15-30 seconds is really just for me and the truck to clear any possible alarms or indicators of doom, let the oil make a circuit or three and off we go.
Same!
I just like it to circulate a little bit before heading out.

Too many times I have witnessed those who literally, and especially in dead of winter temps, fire it up stone cold and have it in gear before the starter has disengaged.

I FN cringe when I see and hear it.... their vehicles are crying like a pup who's dad has just walked out the door without them!

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
I did redline for a few years but its now $20 liter here so i go with pennz ultra 5w30 in the summer months and dont notice any difference between redline 5w30.
In the winter i was still doing redline 5w20 because i had a fair amount of it but no more so probably going to stick with the pennz ultra. When redline was $13 liter out here then i didnt mind as much haha
Fair enough... but perhaps also consider adding in a bottle of Biotech Lubegard with the PUP as well ;)

Your HEMI will thank you!

RodRamCar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Longhorn
Engine
5.7 4x4 w/ 3.92s
Now people are finding out ATF max life works just as well in the 8 speeds. Did you guys know these things use ZF gear fluid in their drive motors? Now ya do.

Attachments

• 20240405_111402.jpg
    20240405_111402.jpg
    294.6 KB · Views: 5

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
Now people are finding out ATF max life works just as well in the 8 speeds. Did you guys know these things use ZF gear fluid in their drive motors? Now ya do.
Us die-hards are well versed...
However, it's appreciated that you're contributing and also aware!

Keep it up, good sir!