Votes: 400 14.4%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 160 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 994 35.8%
  • Other

Votes: 662 23.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

knightjp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So apparantly redline oil has bailed out of california and is now doing their blending in tennessee with headquarters in houston at the same address as p66. Dave granquest has retired as well
Does this mean that Redline's formula will be changing and it won't be the "Hemi Honey" we know and love?

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Excuse my ignorance...I live on the other coast of the US. Why did California ban MaxLife and other oils?

I'm not surprised at anything Cali does, as I used to drive trucks out there.
They banned oils that are "obsolete", to the api. As for as maxlife, they banned their tranny fluid because it is one viscosity for many oem vehicles. So they say in some applications that effects fuel mileage.

Travis8352

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Does this mean that Redline's formula will be changing and it won't be the "Hemi Honey" we know and love?
We dont know. It could be they just moved blending facilities due to californias policies which make it hugely expensive to operate a business there

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I cant believe anyone would want to do operations here in Cali, it's so bad corporations are leaving prime spots. Grocery stores leaving large cities, lol. Fast food leaving prime spots, in and out burger never shut down a restaurant shut down Oakland's in a prime spots due to crime, taco bell shutting down lobby's, denny's restaurant closing, all because of crime. I haven't even started or scratched the surface of businesses leaving here, of course Tesla being the number one. So redline leaving here is a good move for redline, if I were running it I would have left long ago. Taxes and regulation and employees that can't thrive because they cant even afford rent on a reasonable salary. I said before my wife hires for the gov't and she cannot hire anyone. The people she ends up hiring are like kids who live on moms couch. Starting rents are 2400 for a one bedroom, I would imagine in benecia where redline was it is even worse. 20 bucks per hour gets you 3200 a month before taxes, so that might allow you to have a one bedroom apartment, but then you need to have a vehicle, pay for gas, food, occasional cavity, like it is distopia here no joke.

Travis8352

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I cant believe anyone would want to do operations here in Cali, it's so bad corporations are leaving prime spots. Grocery stores leaving large cities, lol. Fast food leaving prime spots, in and out burger never shut down a restaurant shut down Oakland's in a prime spots due to crime, taco bell shutting down lobby's, denny's restaurant closing, all because of crime. I haven't even started or scratched the surface of businesses leaving here, of course Tesla being the number one. So redline leaving here is a good move for redline, if I were running it I would have left long ago. Taxes and regulation and employees that can't thrive because they cant even afford rent on a reasonable salary. I said before my wife hires for the gov't and she cannot hire anyone. The people she ends up hiring are like kids who live on moms couch. Starting rents are 2400 for a one bedroom, I would imagine in benecia where redline was it is even worse. 20 bucks per hour gets you 3200 a month before taxes, so that might allow you to have a one bedroom apartment, but then you need to have a vehicle, pay for gas, food, occasional cavity, like it is distopia here no joke.
I read chevron is looking to bail to

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Why I moved to the country despite having a brand new home, there is a movement here of like 3 families buying one home. The number one thing that happens for contractors here because no way can they build new stuff, it converting living rooms and dining rooms into 4th and 5th bedrooms, lol. My closest friend this happened to him, he loved in a spot where everyone bought brand new homes, but as they went through the housing issue of 2007, multi families bought the houses because they were cheap. It went from nice and quiet beautiful neighborhood, to cant find a parking spot and gun fire at night. Dude made a drastic move to an area like the Hollywood hills, he's like now let them chase me outta here. If I had a kid I would move for their sake, but we are protected because of our position. Kudo's to redline, as long as it kills my tick you have a customer for life, if not I'm gonna move out of a truck and maybe find a 95/6 bronco and fix it up.

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 Laramie 4x4 QC, True Blue Pearl
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I just impulse bought me a 6 pack.

Order placed, thanks!​

Confirmation will be sent to your email.

ORDER PLACED
April 17, 2024
TOTAL
$86.79

So price at door price 86. I think I may have 3 cases in garage, with this case that is like 8 years worth I could probably extend to 10 if they pull the same thing they did with vr1 Valvoline.

Me too. I just ordered a 6-pack + 2 quarts for my next OCI, to go along with one of my RP20-820 filters.

6-pack was $85 delivered. All 8 quarts were $132.05 including Pennsylvania sales tax. I'm figuring my next OCI will be this May or June depending on mileage.

I want to get a sample of the PUP 5w-20 that's in my truck now and I'd like to get close to at least 3k miles. Last OCI was 12/2023. All seems to be good so far at a little over 107,000 miles, just want to keep it that way. Currently no additives to the oil or gas, just Top Tier gas.

knightjp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We dont know. It could be they just moved blending facilities due to californias policies which make it hugely expensive to operate a business there
I'm not a U.S. citizen and I've never been to Cali, but as an outsider looking in, its sad to see such a beautiful state turning into a garbage heap.
That's enough of that. Anyone ever used or tried this oil?
Valvoline All Climate.jpg

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I read chevron is looking to bail to
That would actually be a good thing, the straw that broke the camels back. I could say more, but you can imagine how crushing that would be. Chevron which is across the street from the "old" redline office supplies gas to the entire left coast states from bay area up. North of LA my old stomping grounds actually has a larger one, driving from nor cal to so cal on 101 looks like you driving through Texas with all the pump jacks they have. No way can they make up for 165k barrels per day benecia puts out. They already put of 365k barrels a day just for so cal. When people can no longer drive their cars, watch how quick we change that.

Travis8352

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
So this is looking like its actually a great move for redline. Ive talked with guy i talked to previously and he just met with p66. The move took place last week. Ill just copy and paste what he said after i asked about formulation changes

No formulation changes at all.

Simply better distribution and a newer blending facility / lab. Also, lower cost due to easier logistics and… bluntly, not being in CA. Being an oil company in CA right now, is not politically friendly.

But significantly easier logistics to P66 CWD. (central warehouse distribution) that’s in IL. Significantly easier logistics for additives and base oils.

They did a lot of upgrades in the moving process as well for more exact blends, being able to do larger batches. And a newer lab for testing. Which means we should be getting PDS changes more often.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
The state now projects a record $68 billion deficit in the next fiscal year, thanks to a 25 percent drop in personal income-tax collection in 2023. This is where we are last years number 25% less income tax, lmao? What happens next year when it is another 25%? Can't run a state with no income tax. We are going to miss all these companies like redline that said nah thanks.

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 Laramie 4x4 QC, True Blue Pearl
Engine
5.7L Hemi
California must be taking lessons from Germany on how
to ruin an economy, assuming this actually comes to fruition...

Germany to BAN DRIVING At Weekends To Fight ‘Climate Change’​

The German transport minister said he will soon be enforcing a complete ban on driving at weekends so the country can meet its ‘net zero’ targets and fight climate change.

Volker Wissing said that meeting carbon emissions reduction targets will be impossible unless laws are changed to restrict people’s movements and car ownership.

According to Wissing, the law would need to be changed by mid-July.

Wissing wrote in a letter to coalition parliamentary group leaders:

“A corresponding reduction in traffic performance would only be possible through restrictive measures that are difficult to communicate to the population, such as nationwide and indefinite driving bans on Saturdays and Sundays.”

LINK > https://www.dailyfetched.com/germany-to-ban-driving-at-weekends-to-fight-climate-change/

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Burla's wife has the answer - an unreliable, overhyped, depreciating, low residual value vehicle with no winter range run by a kooky billionaire inheritance man-child.

The perfect vehicle for all!
Interesting description of A certain person, lmao. But U gotta give him credit, he got some bucks $$$$$. Of course, he just laid off 10% of his entire company workforce, hmmmm.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
The gov't without any notice in January changed the rules on ev rebates, only one Tesla model can now get the rebate, the model y. So musk tanked plans to expand ev's with a cheaper model and now is laying off 14k people. Cause and effect, they expanded their business based on ev rebates period stop, they were expecting those sales, this administration just took money out of Teslas pocket, probably on a political payback move, who knows.

This was a huge blow, considering how many other models across all brands het the rebate...

Why does Model 3 not qualify for tax credit?

The Model 3's base RWD and long-range variants' batteries will no longer qualify for a credit because they don't meet the requirements for the component sourcing. However, the battery in the Model 3 Performance version meets all requirements and will still be eligible for the credit.Dec 19, 2023

So the most affordable Tesla you cant get the rebate, but yet the chevy bolt which are very cheap you can get the rebate? If you are in the market for an entry level EV and one brand gives you 7500 off the top for buying and one you have to pay full price, which EV do you buy?

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
If the goal was get everyone in an ev, just think about how irresponsible this one move was. Tank a 25k Tesla and also take away rebates for the cheapest current Tesla. This literally will make Tesla a high end EV company. Expect more layoffs.

Yardbird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
California must be taking lessons from Germany on how
to ruin an economy, assuming this actually comes to fruition...

The climate change people are either insane, or it's all a ruse to take total control of the population, and the leaders are still insane.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The climate change people are either insane, or it's all a ruse to take total control of the population, and the leaders are still insane.
Careful now, you're learning bad habits from @Burla and using common sense/logic when thinking about the "green" movement....