Tazer Tricks for 19-20 PW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
So i just wanted to make a little thread on the Tazer ram for our trucks.

now this is obviously specific to the 19-20 trucks for me, because thats what i have. I admit, it would be nice to have more info for the older models, but im not sure.

So the main thing i got the tazer for is to adjust tire size. Ok, easy, simple item.

But from there there are some other neat features. For 1, i can now have my mirrors auto fold in/out when i start/turn off the truck. which is nice.

The light shows are pretty badass also, but really just for showing off.

Now. The biggest, and BEST things about the tazer are.

FULL TC/ESC Disable - normally when in 4-HI (or low). you can press and hold the TC button. This will first turn off traction control, and then shortly after turn off electronic stability control. However, it doesnt ACTUALLY turn them off. ive been in some gross wet sand a few times where i can hear the ABS, and traction control limiting throttle. This is not the best thing when you NEED momentum. If you leave the tazer plugged in, you can have live features. Including FULLY disabling the TC/ESC. i tested this out just this weekend. you lose ALL ABS functions, but you will sling mud like a ****, and the truck never cuts power anymore.

SPOOF4LO - this will make the truck think its in 4-Low. which will raise shift points, and allows the use of lockers (Front & Rear). Now i think this is more for the 18 models. as us 19+ guys can actually use the rear locker in 2WD.

There are plenty of other features on there. but these are the best ones for me, and was a pleasant surprise when i started reading the instructions.

Oh, they also have the ability to activate the cargocam. If you want to add a front camera or something. Which is something i would like to do in the future.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The Tazer is a great little device. It's great the amount of features it can unlock!

Overlander

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 75th Aniv Build #0006
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Thanks Lee!

Can you go over some of the basics, i.e. how to connect it, how to back it completely out of the system when going to the dealer, etc. I don't feel that I have enough depth of understanding to be confident that I won't mess something up to the point that it will require a flatbed.

Gamedog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
392 c.i.
I'm due to receive mine today.

Pretty pumped, especially for the TPMS threshold reset, tire size speedo calibration, eliminating the fog light dropout when hi-beams are turned on, Spoof4Lo and the full TC/ESC disable.

Sounds like install instructions are lacking based on a number of reviews and YouTube vids I've watched. I'll be sure to post up any issues I might run into during my install...

OP
OP
LeesEvoX

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
Thanks Lee!

Can you go over some of the basics, i.e. how to connect it, how to back it completely out of the system when going to the dealer, etc. I don't feel that I have enough depth of understanding to be confident that I won't mess something up to the point that it will require a flatbed.

Ok. so i felt the same way (And was the main reason i didnt go with AlfaOBD). But this thing is stupid easy to use.

The hardest part is getting the thing plugged in. Quick tip - if you remove the headlight switch in the dash, you can access the two connectors you need to plug into a lot easier.

But once you have the security gateway harness plugged in, just plug in the tazer.

You then scroll through the EVIC screen until you get to the audio screen. Then you hold the back button (i think), and press the cruise control button. Which pops up the menu for the tazer, from there you scroll through until you get to "marry". select it, and the truck does some things, switches off, etc. then its done.

re-do the above steps to get back to the Tazer menu, and start scrolling through the options.

I will also add. There are features you play with when the truck is off, but ignition in the ACC position. and then there are features you can use while the engine is running.

the features when the engine is running, and tazer i plugged in are "Live" features, so the tazer must remain plugged in. (Such as auto fold mirrors). but then things like tire size, gear ratio, TPMS settings are stored in the trucks BCM, so the tazer can be removed.

If you dont want the dealer to know anything. Simply select "Unmarry". the tazer will load up your factory options, remove everything from truck. And no one will ever have a clue.

OP
OP
LeesEvoX

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
adding front camera would be nice.

Yeah... i really want to do this. but if i do, i want to get the other factory ram emblem, and camera. that way it looks OEM, and dont have to deal with drilling into the grill, or somewhere else.

MrKelly

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 ETorque
Yeah... i really want to do this. but if i do, i want to get the other factory ram emblem, and camera. that way it looks OEM, and dont have to deal with drilling into the grill, or somewhere else.
Will you please share the other Factory Ram emblem ( has a camera inside )?

Xyleff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How’s this compared to aev procal snap? And who sells this?

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How’s this compared to aev procal snap? And who sells this?
You can find them listed toward the bottom of this page in the link

The Tazer does everything the procal does and MUCH MORE!

Tazer RAM features can be broken into two categories;

Vehicle Settings – which are changes made to the vehicle which to accommodate for changes made to the vehicle or to enable or “unlock” features that technically exist but are disabled by the factory, normally reserved for a higher trim level or package for that vehicle type. These changes will continue to operate after the Tazer RAM is unplugged.
Live Functions – which are functions the Tazer RAM performs live, only while plugged into the OBD2 port.

Vehicle Settings:

Calibrate speedometer for non-factory tire sizes
Configure vehicle for gear ratio changes
Can disable Tire Pressure Monitoring System warnings, or modify PSI settings*
Can enable/disable Daytime Running Lights and user can select lights to use (application dependent)
Can enable the addition of factory fog lights
Can disable Fog Light Dropout (allowing hi and low beams and fog lights on simultaneously)
Can enable the addition of factory backup camera and aftermarket front camera*
Can disable SiriusXM TravelLink traffic and weather warnings
Can enable aux video/audio for front camera and/or external video source (2018’s can only enable one cargo cam input)
One-touch return-to-stock – Quick “unmarry” function returns all vehicle settings back to stock. No need to remember or write down original settings when returning to stock before dealer service.

Live Functions:

AutoFold – Can automatically extend and retract power folding mirrors when vehicle is turned on and off
Windows from keyfob – can open and close front door power windows from the keyfob
Line Lock – Uses ABS solenoids to lock the front wheels for burnouts at the track or just for fun
Can enable in-motion navigation address entry
Light Show mode – 6 preset and 3 make-your-own Light shows that flashes all the exterior lights, perfect for car shows. Control from Key Fob or steering wheel buttons. Can be enabled for in-motion use for parades, off-road and legal police/EMS.
Cooldown mode: Turn engine fans on demand when the ignition is on, engine not running – good for the staging lanes at the track or after a run in the trails.
Winch Mode: temporarily raise engine idle to 2000 RPM when winching or jump starting another vehicle.
Spoof4Lo: raises idle and shift points, and allows use of lockers and sway bar disconnect in any transfer case mode on Power Wagons
Clear CELs – reset that pesky check engine light. Good when you have mods that set the light and you know exactly why.
Fully disable ESP/Traction Control by pressing and holding ESP button
0 to 30 and 0 to 60 Timers – Displays 0-30 or 0-60 times on EVIC display
Firmware updates – new firmware is available periodically, always free and posted to the Z Automotive website. Use ZPU programming utility, also on the Zautomotive website, to load the firmware.

*tire psi setting requires dealer trip, so the vehicle can recognize the change. Disabling TPMS system altogether and turning off the warning symbol does NOT require the dealer.

INSTALLATION IS A SIMPLE MATTER OF PLUGGING IT INTO THE DIAGNOSTIC OBD2 PORT WHICH IS LOCATED BY THE PARKING BRAKE.

Xyleff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can find them listed toward the bottom of this page in the link

The Tazer does everything the procal does and MUCH MORE!

Tazer RAM features can be broken into two categories;

Vehicle Settings – which are changes made to the vehicle which to accommodate for changes made to the vehicle or to enable or “unlock” features that technically exist but are disabled by the factory, normally reserved for a higher trim level or package for that vehicle type. These changes will continue to operate after the Tazer RAM is unplugged.
Live Functions – which are functions the Tazer RAM performs live, only while plugged into the OBD2 port.

Vehicle Settings:

Calibrate speedometer for non-factory tire sizes
Configure vehicle for gear ratio changes
Can disable Tire Pressure Monitoring System warnings, or modify PSI settings*
Can enable/disable Daytime Running Lights and user can select lights to use (application dependent)
Can enable the addition of factory fog lights
Can disable Fog Light Dropout (allowing hi and low beams and fog lights on simultaneously)
Can enable the addition of factory backup camera and aftermarket front camera*
Can disable SiriusXM TravelLink traffic and weather warnings
Can enable aux video/audio for front camera and/or external video source (2018’s can only enable one cargo cam input)
One-touch return-to-stock – Quick “unmarry” function returns all vehicle settings back to stock. No need to remember or write down original settings when returning to stock before dealer service.

Live Functions:

AutoFold – Can automatically extend and retract power folding mirrors when vehicle is turned on and off
Windows from keyfob – can open and close front door power windows from the keyfob
Line Lock – Uses ABS solenoids to lock the front wheels for burnouts at the track or just for fun
Can enable in-motion navigation address entry
Light Show mode – 6 preset and 3 make-your-own Light shows that flashes all the exterior lights, perfect for car shows. Control from Key Fob or steering wheel buttons. Can be enabled for in-motion use for parades, off-road and legal police/EMS.
Cooldown mode: Turn engine fans on demand when the ignition is on, engine not running – good for the staging lanes at the track or after a run in the trails.
Winch Mode: temporarily raise engine idle to 2000 RPM when winching or jump starting another vehicle.
Spoof4Lo: raises idle and shift points, and allows use of lockers and sway bar disconnect in any transfer case mode on Power Wagons
Clear CELs – reset that pesky check engine light. Good when you have mods that set the light and you know exactly why.
Fully disable ESP/Traction Control by pressing and holding ESP button
0 to 30 and 0 to 60 Timers – Displays 0-30 or 0-60 times on EVIC display
Firmware updates – new firmware is available periodically, always free and posted to the Z Automotive website. Use ZPU programming utility, also on the Zautomotive website, to load the firmware.

*tire psi setting requires dealer trip, so the vehicle can recognize the change. Disabling TPMS system altogether and turning off the warning symbol does NOT require the dealer.

INSTALLATION IS A SIMPLE MATTER OF PLUGGING IT INTO THE DIAGNOSTIC OBD2 PORT WHICH IS LOCATED BY THE PARKING BRAKE.
Thank you very much for that very informative response.
Will it work for 2021? Also, what’s this bypass and how difficult to install?

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you very much for that very informative response.
Will it work for 2021? Also, what’s this bypass and how difficult to install?

All 2018+ FCA vehicles are built with an SGW Security Gateway Module that prevents
access to the vehicle from the OBD2 port by anything but the dealer diagnostic
tools. The bypass enables other devices to access the OBD2 port

Here is the install for the new bypass offered that is much easier than the old method

Xyleff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Xyleff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Saw somewhere for ‘19+ models with tazer, you don’t need to go to dealer for changing tire psi … can anyone confirm?

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
yeah I have alpha obd but might use this for my 22 when it comes in.

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
hey so I've got a bypass harness plugged in on my 18. same harness as this tazer uses?

Jadman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Saw somewhere for ‘19+ models with tazer, you don’t need to go to dealer for changing tire psi … can anyone confirm?
I have a 21, no need for trip to dealer.