Preowned PW Query

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Airmousam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Being an engineer I wouldn't want to be the 6th owner of a 2017 lawn mower with or without sketchy past, but thats just me. Resale is gonna suck for these same reasons so it better be a damn smoking pants tent deal or no bueno. Walking from this truck just seems so logical, I must be missing something. Anyhoo, can't help with the VIn, but post some real pics and numbers and this crew will try and help you out...cheers

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 1500 laramie 4x4 crew cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You had me at "Range"! ;)
I love going to my range and having a blast!!!
Sad day for me when I lost my range usage at the in-laws.we built pistol,rifle out to 350yrds and s k e e t(looks like you cant type s*^eet)..im still bummed about that deal.
50 acres...sold it 3 years ago.
Now my options are 2 club's and ridiculous costs with rules that will make a pig spit in disgust(just isnt for me with an old dude standing over me with a clip board when i shoot)and the local state wildlife management area that's overrun so bad,getting in once a month would be alot.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
Sad day for me when I lost my range usage at the in-laws.we built pistol,rifle out to 350yrds and s k e e t(looks like you cant type s*^eet)..im still bummed about that deal.
50 acres...sold it 3 years ago.
Now my options are 2 club's and ridiculous costs with rules that will make a pig spit in disgust(just isnt for me with an old dude standing over me with a clip board when i shoot)and the local state wildlife management area that's overrun so bad,getting in once a month would be alot.
Costs are ridiculous indeed!
I'm paying $450 a year at my club and they only have a 50yrd indoor range.
Using my 5.56/.223 with my scope dialed to its lowest 4x still makes it unappealing at that short a range as the target is the whole eyepiece..lol
It's better than nothing I suppose.

jd77480

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
RUN,RUN away from that truck as fast as you can...

weldguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Feel up around under the dash for silt. Maybe it's an undocumented flood victim.

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 1500 laramie 4x4 crew cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Costs are ridiculous indeed!
I'm paying $450 a year at my club and they only have a 50yrd indoor range.
Using my 5.56/.223 with my scope dialed to its lowest 4x still makes it unappealing at that short a range as the target is the whole eyepiece..lol
It's better than nothing I suppose.
Ya better than nothing for sure..
The costs at those 2 clubs...$3500 for 1,$2900 for the other,both have to have an opening as a set number of peeps(like 150 or sumthing),and u have to be recomended in....they weed out us lower class rif-raf that way I think.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
I did not know that 2500 did not have the 8 speed till '18
After running my 8 speed in the "14 sport, I would not go back to a 5 or 6 speed, what ever they used before in the 1500's , not that I ever had any problems with them The 8 speed just makes the truck so much better.
BTW for many years I had my own gun range, for everything.
The intown one now is 60.oo/yr, indoor pistol as well as outdoor pistol /rifle, But I am getting side tracked.

The odds of finding a past owner is remote as hell. But if you are set on it , go over every inch of it, and drive it for a while. My last one had iI had it all day, but the big city boys may not want to do that. Small town dealers are a bit more relaxed.
2005 I bought a new Ram in Edmonton. That was painful.

OP
OP
VikeFan

VikeFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
If it 'slips away' there's a ton of them out there, it's not a rare truck. No reason to be invested in that particular one.

Example: Similar price range, 20k less miles, 1 owner, decent options: https://www.carfax.com/vehicle/3C6TR5EJ3HG748337 I'm sure there's plenty more, than one just popped up in a VIN search to see the truck you're talking about.

Real data: 2018+ is a better truck. Drive a 6 speed PW and an 8 speed PW back to back and you'll see they feel totally different. Different off the line, different passing on a 2 lane, different on on ramps, etc. Just a better feeling truck all around. In the 1/2 tons it's not such a noticeable difference but it sure is in the heavier 2500. I'm very happy with my '21 75th anniversary. I would have bought a Raptor over the pre-'18 PW, no way I would have dealt with how ponderous it felt to drive.
Thank you again for this insight! I had a 2012 1500 and drove a loaner with the 8 speed so totally understood how much of a difference it makes.
Working on a deal for a 1 owner 2019 with about every option available. A little more money but I finally came to my senses.

I apologize to anyone I offended while working thru this situation.

Last edited:

Lsujker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you again for this insight! I had a 2012 1500 and drove a loaner with the 8 speed so totally understood how much of a difference it makes.
Working on a deal for a 1 owner 2019 with about every option available. A little more money but I finally came to my senses.

I apologize to anyone I offended while writing thru this situation.
Fantastic! Hope you get what you want.

Don’t worry about offending anyone on here. Most are only spitting out opinions from our small box of limited information owning one truck at a time (including me). We are faceless computer trolls.

Also y’all need to quit bragging about the 2500 8 speed. Making me want one.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I did not know that 2500 did not have the 8 speed till '18
After running my 8 speed in the "14 sport, I would not go back to a 5 or 6 speed, what ever they used before in the 1500's , not that I ever had any problems with them The 8 speed just makes the truck so much better.
BTW for many years I had my own gun range, for everything.
The intown one now is 60.oo/yr, indoor pistol as well as outdoor pistol /rifle, But I am getting side tracked.

The odds of finding a past owner is remote as hell. But if you are set on it , go over every inch of it, and drive it for a while. My last one had iI had it all day, but the big city boys may not want to do that. Small town dealers are a bit more relaxed.
2005 I bought a new Ram in Edmonton. That was painful.
They didnt put the 8 speed in the 2500 till ‘19.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I apologize to anyone I offended while working thru this situation.
If i was buying used, no matter how good the deal was, i wouldnt even consider it if it was an ‘18 and back with the 6 speed. Thats coming from someone who absolutely loves his 2016 power wagon (except for the tranny LOL). Ive got 100k on it now and the trannys never given me any issues…its just crummy in comparison to the 8 speed.