Preowned PW Query

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
Absolutely. Just got back from driving mine to the range and back. Can't wipe the smile off my face after driving that thing. I have owned, and still own, some seriously high perfomance cars, but this pickup is just way too much fun. Massive size and tremendous performance both on and off road despite it being so damn big. I hope everyone gets to enjoy that experience.
You had me at "Range"! ;)
I love going to my range and having a blast!!!

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
Absolutely. Just got back from driving mine to the range and back. Can't wipe the smile off my face after driving that thing. I have owned, and still own, some seriously high perfomance cars, but this pickup is just way too much fun. Massive size and tremendous performance both on and off road despite it being so damn big. I hope everyone gets to enjoy that experience.
I was just in Edmonton a few weeks back for a client request site visit..
If I get this PO... Brother... we're getting together for a drink!

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Anytime. PM me and we will definitely get together for a beer anytime you have time in Edmonton. Being retired, my schedule is more than flexible.

OP
OP
VikeFan

VikeFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
I'd still be quite reticent on this purchase... that's my $0.02.
The way you're pursuing this leads me to believe that you feel this is a good deal for you.

I would heed the input from those experienced members here and run from this opportunity you seem to feel is good.

You came here asking for our unbiased and experience opinion on. So, take it and move on to a better opportunity is my recommendation!

Failing this, buyer beware!!!!!!
So apparently you got on your soapbox and then hijacked the thread with errant quotes.

If you look back at the OP I never asked for input on the purchase. It was a feeble attempt to contact someone directly related to this specific VIN. I'm an engineer so I base decisions on data not gut feel. Once input started coming in i tried to collect more data.

Please show me in the forum bylaws the post count required to concede to the masses.

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
You tell them lol the issues with these trucks is well documented in these pages. I like my 15 pw and would probably buy another one. If you buy a used truck you take your chances. That being said even new stuff breaks

OP
OP
VikeFan

VikeFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
You tell them lol the issues with these trucks is well documented in these pages. I like my 15 pw and would probably buy another one. If you buy a used truck you take your chances. That being said even new stuff breaks
By "issues with these trucks" are you referring specifically to the PWs or Rams in general? I had a '12 1500 Sport and hammered on that thing, Pedal Commander in place treating every green light like a tree on a drag strip, and never had an issue.
Only let go of it to go to a Yukon for family reasons.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
So apparently you got on your soapbox and then hijacked the thread with errant quotes.

If you look back at the OP I never asked for input on the purchase. It was a feeble attempt to contact someone directly related to this specific VIN. I'm an engineer so I base decisions on data not gut feel. Once input started coming in i tried to collect more data.

Please show me in the forum bylaws the post count required to concede to the masses.
You just completely lost my support or interest. You are the quintessential new age Richard, think short name . Were you seriously posting for information on ONE SPECIFIC serial number that you are looking at buying. It you actually were, then you are dumber than a sack of hammers for expecting that you would ever get that result frrom a general enthusiastic forum. You belittle the input of people that are actually trying to help you and show no gratttitude for being well treated as a never having contributed newcomer. Go back to your basement and leave the rest of us in peace.

Last edited:

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine

Noob... you've got a lot to learn on how the etiquette works on a forum of this caliber!

Move on and dial your diatribe elsewhere. You see that you have ZERO reaction score, right!

You come on here and solicit the masses here for your validation...lol. As an Engineer you should know better than to try and dump your nonsense here!

Good luck and may your gut serve you well!

Dutra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Want to buy mine? Lol last dodge ill ever buy but the fan boys love em!

Lsujker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Astonished about the volume of engineers on this forum.

Anyways, did the car fox say anything of note from the vin? Would you share that? Looking for anything odd like miles per year drastically changing or miles going backwards. At such low miles, I differ from the others. Could be just fine.

OP
OP
VikeFan

VikeFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Here's the VIN from the dealer site.
3C6TR5EJ9HG772397

Maybe I'm grasping at straws but I've loved these for years but could never justify a 2500. Now I have a reason for one and don't want this to slip away just because some dealers may have been shuffling it around.

Lsujker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here's the VIN from the dealer site.
3C6TR5EJ9HG772397

Maybe I'm grasping at straws but I've loved these for years but could never justify a 2500. Now I have a reason for one and don't want this to slip away just because some dealers may have been shuffling it around.
Have you looked at the car fax yourself? If not do so and share. Just a few bucks. I’m not doing it for you. Ha

2500s are awesome trucks. Went shopping for a power wagon in 16 but could not justify the 7k up charge. If you don’t need the additional off road capabilities money can be saved. You can look close to one with flares and wheels.

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
I would say it’s all about the deal. Going into it with the knowledge of what can go wrong with the truck puts you in a good position to negotiate

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
If it 'slips away' there's a ton of them out there, it's not a rare truck. No reason to be invested in that particular one.

Example: Similar price range, 20k less miles, 1 owner, decent options: https://www.carfax.com/vehicle/3C6TR5EJ3HG748337 I'm sure there's plenty more, than one just popped up in a VIN search to see the truck you're talking about.

Real data: 2018+ is a better truck. Drive a 6 speed PW and an 8 speed PW back to back and you'll see they feel totally different. Different off the line, different passing on a 2 lane, different on on ramps, etc. Just a better feeling truck all around. In the 1/2 tons it's not such a noticeable difference but it sure is in the heavier 2500. I'm very happy with my '21 75th anniversary. I would have bought a Raptor over the pre-'18 PW, no way I would have dealt with how ponderous it felt to drive.

OP
OP
VikeFan

VikeFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
If it 'slips away' there's a ton of them out there, it's not a rare truck. No reason to be invested in that particular one.

Example: Similar price range, 20k less miles, 1 owner, decent options: https://www.carfax.com/vehicle/3C6TR5EJ3HG748337 I'm sure there's plenty more, than one just popped up in a VIN search to see the truck you're talking about.

Real data: 2018+ is a better truck. Drive a 6 speed PW and an 8 speed PW back to back and you'll see they feel totally different. Different off the line, different passing on a 2 lane, different on on ramps, etc. Just a better feeling truck all around. In the 1/2 tons it's not such a noticeable difference but it sure is in the heavier 2500. I'm very happy with my '21 75th anniversary. I would have bought a Raptor over the pre-'18 PW, no way I would have dealt with how ponderous it felt to drive.
Thank you! This is very helpful information!

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

8 speed wasnt till 2019.

KYPOTLICKER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Another guy on the internet with an opinion, walk away. Prices are coming down, more trucks are available. Find exactly what you want, to much money spent not to.