Thank you FCA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reborn55

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good for you--I fought FCA over items I thought should be covered under factory waranty and got no where with them--Had less tahn 20k on mine and still wouldn't cover

brentwasham

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Tradesman, metallic red with wheel-to-wheel black sidesteps and fender flares, factory wheels
Engine
Once had a '94 Chrysler New Yorker that I bought the extended "bumper to bumper" warranty because I was afraid of the new refrigerant (R134) that had just come out. Well, the transmission went out at 34K (inside the factory warranty of 36K) and much later when it started bucking like a bronco turns out it was the spark plug wires. Since that's a "maintenance" item, under the Chrysler warranty it wasn't covered. So I never used the $800 extended warranty. That taught me to keep the money and spend it when you have to, the odds are definitely on the company's side (they're in business, not a charity), but I also understand buying "peace of mind" for some individuals. The only thing I buy warranties on now are high-use Harbor Freight power tools.

Batt4Christ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I’ve never bought an extended warranty in a new vehicle, but have on 3 used vehicles. The two I did- more than paid for themselves and the one that didn’t get used.

I tend to trade trucks every 2-3 years, so don’t deal much with being out of warranty. Now, if I decide to keep one, might would buy the warranty.

But new or used- it’s all about betting against the odds. But when something goes wrong on modern vehicles, it’s almost never cheap and an “average” breakdown or failure can easily cost what an extended warranty costs and then some.

it’s all about how much risk a vehicle buyer is willing to take. And even the most reliable manufacturers have failures.

NH RAM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Tradesman 2500 Snow Chief
Engine
Good to hear!
I have had good luck with FCA and my Ram dealer, which is why they continue to get my business. I have had FCA go above and beyond for me; it helps to have the dealer on your side, which is hard to do if you bounce around to different dealers and brands all the time. I'm not strictly a Ram loyalist, but the service aspect comes into play when I weigh my options each time I buy another vehicle.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's good to read some positive feedback about dealers in general, Allot of times there hands are tied by FCA, its great to hear them working together for the customer.

Moparfanatic21

U.S. Marine Vet - 0321, Now a Doctor...of Vehicles
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The problem with forums and reviews is almost everybody will go to them to say they had a bad experience, but most don't go to them when they had a good experience

gfh77665

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Yes. My dealer, Bayshore CJD in Baytown, TX has been great so far. My RAM has been absolutely perfect for 14 months and 10,000 miles. I am a happy customer.