The 6.4 HD Hemi Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

w6pea

U.S.Marine Corps Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500 "Laramie" 4x2 CC/LB SRW 6.7L CTD Leer 122 Campershell
Engine
6.7L IL6 Cummins Turbo Diesel
I have not yet made up my mind as to 4x2 or 4x4 yet. If the 4x4 is only a few "Ducats" aka "Green Stamps" aka "Dollars" Money. I might order the 4x4.

mtu1293

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lol so my wife must be a rare breed, since she was more on board with me buying a new truck then I was.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
My wife wasn't thrilled about me getting a new truck (been married for 7 years and on truck #5). They've all been the last truck I'll own until I pay it off

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

mowin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 hemi
Ya, my wants to retire in a few yrs. I told her she can't, trucks are expensive. :roflsquared:

w6pea

U.S.Marine Corps Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
X2 :crazy:
SWMbO ( "She Who Must be Obeyed") speaks loud and carries a big stick. I sleep too soundly !

Lol so my wife must be a rare breed, since she was more on board with me buying a new truck then I was.

My wife is all for us getting a new truck, just not the cost of the Diesel.

WaterBoy1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie CC2500 Black Edition
Engine
This is my story too! My wife test drove the truck with me, and afterwards she INSISTED we buy it!

My wife rocks! [emoji3]

hotrodbob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Moisture on inside windshield

Has anyone had a lot of moisture on the inside of your windshield in the mornings. It seems to only happens when the humidity is high. But not all the time. I take it to the car wash and there is no leaks. I know there will be some but mine is a lot.

SouthernBoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have not yet made up my mind as to 4x2 or 4x4 yet. If the 4x4 is only a few "Ducats" aka "Green Stamps" aka "Dollars" Money. I might order the 4x4.
You will never regret getting 4WD. For those times that come up when you need it, its a blessing to have. I look at 4WD like buying insurance against a hassle at a very inopportune time.

I used to have a single cab dually about 15 years ago, and drove down the hill to my old hay barn to get a load of squares for the horses. The pasture grass was about knee deep and there was a very heavy dew that morning. After tossing them bales on the back, I hopped in the truck and the truck just sat there and all 4 tires in back spun. I couldnt believe I was 'stuck' on wet grass. The ground underneath was hard as concrete even. Ugh. Same thing with running out to in the pasture to check livestock after a 1/4" rain, this blackland gets slick as grease, but if you have the front wheels pulling you can tractor through those situations easily and never even spin much nor cut up the field. I would imagine folks living in areas where it snows would certainly benefit all winter also. For what I do with a pickup, I will never go without 4WD again.

mowin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 hemi
You will never regret getting 4WD. For those times that come up when you need it, its a blessing to have. I look at 4WD like buying insurance against a hassle at a very inopportune time.

I used to have a single cab dually about 15 years ago, and drove down the hill to my old hay barn to get a load of squares for the horses. The pasture grass was about knee deep and there was a very heavy dew that morning. After tossing them bales on the back, I hopped in the truck and the truck just sat there and all 4 tires in back spun. I couldnt believe I was 'stuck' on wet grass. The ground underneath was hard as concrete even. Ugh. Same thing with running out to in the pasture to check livestock after a 1/4" rain, this blackland gets slick as grease, but if you have the front wheels pulling you can tractor through those situations easily and never even spin much and cut up the pasture. I would imagine folks living in areas where it snows would certainly benefit all winter also. For what I do with a pickup, I will never go with 4WD again.

I'm thinking you ment to say "without 4WD"???

mowin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 hemi
What are the real world mpg difference 2 vs 4x4?

Never owned a 2wd, so I don't know. That being said, I dont see it being a huge gain. 2-3 maybe:shrug:. Now when in 4wd, your gonna notice. If you think you may need 4wd every now and then get it.

mtu1293

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lol never have seen one yet, was mentioned previously here. I'm sure they are made, shoot they make or made 2by wranglers.

TWILLIAMS9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The 2wd does get about 1-2 mpg better. The 4wd and an electronic disconnect of the front drive shaft while in 2wd. It does not spin anymore. They gained 1 mpg by doing this.

TWILLIAMS9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got my mufflex today. It wasn't very easy to install having a limited supply of tools and not being a small person but got it done. Also got my steering box stabilizer and had my suspension shop throw it on. Steering is definitely tighter and hopefully will keep my steering box good with these 37's.

image.jpg

w6pea

U.S.Marine Corps Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got my mufflex today. It wasn't very easy to install having a limited supply of tools and not being a small person but got it done. Also got my steering box stabilizer and had my suspension shop throw it on. Steering is definitely tighter and hopefully will keep my steering box good with these 37's.

View attachment 43229

With Gov. Moonbeam and his Ecarb....I wonder if those are smog legal in Taxifornia aka Mexifornia.