The 6.4 HD Hemi Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6.4 dude

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Thanks! I was pretty tore up between chrome or black wheels. The black would contrast the silver but my old age made the call on chrome.....

RAMYOU

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
REALLY? A 50, 000 lb ghost trailer? Usefull?

And I understand the physics of larger tires and how they affect gear ratios. But not everyone lifts or puts larger tires on there trucks. Might come as a surprise to you, but lots of people keep there trucks stock, and actually tow and use there truck for something other than a grocery getter, or a toy. My post was for the guys who stated thay plan on using there truck to tow a TT, and were not sure of the gears to get.

I did the lifts and larger tire, exhaust mods many years ago. I'm well past that stage, and leave that to the younger crowd.....

you must be on your period. you cranky as hell. whats wrong with me jokinly saying I only tow 50,000lb trailer? Im just saying I dont have anything to tow! LOL wtf! I do have a stock diesel ram for work but my gas truck is my "grocery getter" - so what? why does that offend u so much?. I researched alot about how my gear ratio and large tires will go together and how that will affect my acceleration and etc. Then I found out that 37 inch tires will make my 4.10 gears into 3.70 or something maybe even lower. I thought Id share that knowledge with everyone here in this forum and you getting all butt hurt about that is just plain ******** man. :flipthebird:

w6pea

U.S.Marine Corps Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500 "Laramie" 4x2 CC/LB SRW 6.7L CTD Leer 122 Campershell
Engine
6.7L IL6 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Yes. It is 3½“ from the Y pipe to the tips. And it's 2½“ off the headers to the Y pipe. I had mine cut at the Y pipe and after the catalytic converters and had 3" true duals all the way back. Or it may be 3½" all the way back now. To long ago to remember. My only complaint is when I am towing the sound from the exhaust comes straight back at the truck. I had mine go straight out the back. I may have it redone this spring and have it go out the sides just in front of the tires or behind them. I am running 40 series Flowmaster. And love the sound. Everyone knows it's a big HEMI and not a 5.7 when I pull out.

Well the reason I bought my truck is I've got a small ***** lol need something big lol no was treated so good when test drove one in usa then dodge brought out the new 6.4 out so had to have one and it was nice to b the first one to have one in the UK ( I think ? ) keep the forum going please don't let it get to ****** lol

ROFLMAO ! :grd: :puke:

ramforme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
New 35x12.50x20 on raceline wheels.

You stole my truck and put different tires on it. Now bring it back.

Mine is gonna look just like that (same color) but I am keeping the factory wheels and putting Nitto exo grappler factory size on it.

mowin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 hemi
you must be on your period. you cranky as hell. whats wrong with me jokinly saying I only tow 50,000lb trailer? Im just saying I dont have anything to tow! LOL wtf! I do have a stock diesel ram for work but my gas truck is my "grocery getter" - so what? why does that offend u so much?. I researched alot about how my gear ratio and large tires will go together and how that will affect my acceleration and etc. Then I found out that 37 inch tires will make my 4.10 gears into 3.70 or something maybe even lower. I thought Id share that knowledge with everyone here in this forum and you getting all butt hurt about that is just plain ******** man. :flipthebird:

Holy **** your a ******* ******.....

w6pea

U.S.Marine Corps Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Fuel Capacity

Have any of you folks added an Auxiliary Fuel Tank. My old & tired F-250 (it's like a cat **** rolled in cracker crumbs) Has two tanks on it a after market 50gal. AeroTanks-we specialize in auxiliary and replacement fuel tanks. and the stock rear tank. I see where the new Rams come with a 32Gal. Tank, is there a second add-on or none available.

w6pea

U.S.Marine Corps Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There isn't a second tank option. At least when I got mine it wasn't an available option.

I'm fixin' to call the people @ Aero Tank where I got my tank from for my F-250. I might just put it on the truck. Maybe not. Thanks

w6pea

U.S.Marine Corps Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wish we had bigger fuel tanks in these trucks, atleast a 40 gal tank

I agree. A 40 gallon tank would be great. And I really don't see putting an external tank in my bed as an option. I use my bed a lot to haul stuff.

When I added my Aero Tank to my F-250 I had all kinds of problems. Took the truck to an RV repair shop. Had to go back 3 times.(don't ask how many Green Stamps that cost) :flipthebird::mfr_omg: I finally went to the Aero Tank Shop and they repaired the "Bovine Excrement" :puke: install (should have done that to begin with)

w6pea

U.S.Marine Corps Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

ramforme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Can we keep this thread as an info source and leave the personal crap out? Sure would be nice. Folks spend a helluva lot of money on these trucks and when we are looking to either gain or share information who the heck wants to wade through all the personal nonsense?