The 6.4 HD Hemi Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4bocefus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
I have heard good things about carli. I just hope its not to expensive to accomplish...

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Check out icon as well. But it's just as expensive as carli

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
when it is all said and done Carli is worth every bit.. they do it right. carli has released, and it is dam impressive. I have been looking at their comuter/ back country.. as this thing doesn't need to be any taller lol

mandlbarrett

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
No problem. Glad to help.

Talked to the service manager first thing this morning. Took the truck in this afternoon, and now it's on it's overnight "soak". I guess I'll know tomorrow if I get a new engine!

regularcab2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
when it is all said and done Carli is worth every bit.. they do it right. carli has released, and it is dam impressive. I have been looking at their comuter/ back country.. as this thing doesn't need to be any taller lol
Unfortunately the systems listed on their site are for diesels..not sure how the lighter gas motor would effect things.

4bocefus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
i'm not on a tight budget then again i'm not wanting to break the bank at the moment - was hoping i could stay under 2k.....my truck is a 2015 and i haven't found many options yet

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Unfortunately the systems listed on their site are for diesels..not sure how the lighter gas motor would effect things.

Talking to Aaron at Thuren Fabrication today and as one might expect the diesel springs would not be optimal for a gas truck due to the considerable weight difference on the front end. They are planning to release a set of springs for the gas engine at some point. Looking at the major players I don't see anything specifically gear towards the gas models at this time.

Aaron also wasn't a huge fan of the spaces on 14/15 models due to the angle/curve of the stock spring setup. Although he acknowledged there are lots of 14/15 HD Rams running spacers with no immediate issues.

I was looking forward to getting rid of my 2003 torsion bar setup for something a little more lift-friendly. Guess not:)

regularcab2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
This is still a new suspension setup so im ok with waiting a few years to alter the suspension knowing they'll have a few more years of testing and feedback. More than likely i'll be waiting till my warranties are up before i start replacing anything major though lol.

4bocefus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
I wouldn't think replacing coils/shocks would void a warranty....and coils springs have been around for a while so i sure hope it doesn't take years to produce a better set up...

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I called Carli to check on a kit 7 months ago, and at that time they were 1 month out from having the kit for the 6.4. 2500 ready. so I assume it is good to go, the website just hasn't been updated.

regularcab2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I wouldn't think replacing coils/shocks would void a warranty....and coils springs have been around for a while so i sure hope it doesn't take years to produce a better set up...
I meant one specifically for our front coil setup and gas trucks. It may not take years to come up with something but it may take time to iron out any wrinkles.

4bocefus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
That's good to know - I will call them in the near future and see what they have.

Thanks,

4bocefus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
If I didn't live on a POS dirt road i wouldn't be as concerned about this....

Broke pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Look at Dodge Offroad. Danny Gaston has a kit with Pure Performance triple rate progressives that give about 4" lift with the Hemi. I'm waiting on the adjustable trac bars to be sold separately out of the kit.
However, pure performance also offers a few options for the new trucks already. Price is lower than icon etc, but still not cheap. The 3" triple threat system looks like a great choice for out trucks. Could run 37's no problem.

4bocefus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
10-4! I'm already running 35's with a level kit but i don't think 3" would look bad with my set up...

4bocefus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
@brokepilot - dodge offroad has the coil replacement I've been looking for. Thanks for your help.

Broke pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
No worries brother... Danny is a great guy, and carries/builds some cool stuff. Those pure performance coils should ride really nice under the Hemi!

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
I am dying to get rid of the OEM "flutter can" muffler, but don't want noise. The Mufflex sounds too loud in the video even with the reso(I think)in place. I spoke to them to see if they might make a version with a quieter muffler, but they didn't seem the least bit interested. All I want is improved efficiency and for it to sound like a V-8 at idle, rather than a hair dryer.

Last edited:

4bocefus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
I would like to get the kit with coils and shocks...but i tow a 5th wheel occasionally so i may need to price air bags before i make the jump.