Thinking about trading

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
Do it man! You will not regret it! As I've said many times, I have 5 inches of lift on 35's and I get way better mileage than in my 2011 1500 lowered. Tons of power, incredible amount of potential, and they last as long as you let them. Go for it!

I would recommend buying used. If you buy new, you'll have a hard time if you want to delete the emissions crap. Used, you'll save money, and it's already broken in, might even have a few mods already done to it!

OP
OP
2K10HemiRam

2K10HemiRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Hometown: Tacoma, WA Stationed: Alamogordo NM
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I do want to buy used because like you said, I'll save a bunch of money, already being broken in is a perk. The only bad thing about buying used is that it'll be harder to find what I want because I specifically want a 2013 flame red outdoorsman. And from what I seen in the used vehicle market around year spanning all the 4th gen years, red isn't a color traded in very often. I may end up abandoning red altogether... The reason too why i say I want a 2013 is because it's the model year that has the cummins that breaks 800 lbs of torque. I a greedy little punk right now, I want more power.

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
I was pushing 950 with just the tune and emissions deleted from the stock 650, around 1000 now. Don't let the 800 fool you, the 10's and up are capable of the same power.

But yeah, it would be nice to have a newer truck. Those 8.4 inch screens are ****, and the interior upgrades are great!

El phono

kcbigbadram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Only problem you might have with a '13 is if you want to delete. There currently aren't any options to do so, and I don't know that there will be anytime soon.
Late '11 and all '12s have the high output and are rated right at 800 lbs torque. Only way you'll get more than 800 stock is to get a 3500 with the aisin

Last edited:

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I think they should add the Aisin as option to 2500 I would want that especially with the new suspension. Ram just keeps innovating with makes me very pleased.

$miley

omaha123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l CTD
im trying to do the same, just dont trust the hemi i guess. idk personal preference. theres mean crew cab longbed colormatched flame red 4th gen here locally.... and its a 6 speed:headbang:

kcbigbadram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
I think they should add the Aisin as option to 2500 I would want that especially with the new suspension. Ram just keeps innovating with makes me very pleased.

$miley

the aisin's a nice option but a pretty pricey one too. i believe its almost 3k. it might be worth it to some, but its not for me.

Caldwell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I would kill to have like 1000 lbs/tq out of a bolted / tuned Turbo Diesel @ the tap of the pedal !!! plus the sound of a screaming turbo is pure pleasure !. For now, im happy with my Hemi. It sounds like " Merica' " when I romp the gas lol. cant wait to get the Y-pipe / 85mm TB upgrades completed.

Ive always had the belief of... " I work hard for my money, Ill drive what I want... ". If you think you can afford the move to diesel then I say do it fella ! make yourself happy.

muleywannabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 2500 Laramie Cummins
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
Ive really tossed the idea around too. I ordered a 2014 Ram 1500 loaded up but I made the mistake of driving a cummins and now I cant stop thinking about it.

What do you guys think of the ride??? I drove a couple 2500's and they seem to ride a little rougher than my 2010 Toyota Tundra Double cab. I just loved the feel of the big truck and that cummins engine...give me your thoughts please....

I have been waiting on my 2014 truck since 6/12/2013 and still no word on build date and when they will actually build. I can pick up a cummins in the same specs pretty much for the same money basically...within a few K

rook247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I actually went the other way. Sold my 11 megacab drw 3500 longhorn Laramie. Before you sell the gasser look up (dpf and egr's) The epa has killed the diesels in my opinion. The dpf hold soot and dumps in fuel occasionally to super heat it so it burns clean. The problem with that is the diesel particulate filters (aka dpf) plug up and have damned platinum in them. So they're quite expensive. Occasionally in the news you'll see where some lot had the dpfs cut off their new trucks in the lot. The egr dumps sooty exhaust back through the engine to reburn it. Soot isnt good for the engines. Up until a few months ago you could buy a programmer and delete the two things. Well epa fined one of the manufacturers for 500k so the "race tuners" aren't made anymore. So long story short the epa killed the fuel mileage and reliability of the diesel engines. I've owned three cummins and one duramax. This is my first gas ram. I absolutely love diesel, hell it pays my bills, but I'm going to wait it out and see if the e.engineers can catch up with the epa regs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

OP
OP
2K10HemiRam

2K10HemiRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Alright so I've made up my mind...I'm going with a Duramax...Actually I'm lying, did I get anyone? I'm never leaving Ram, I love my truck to much to ever leave the brand. But I really did make up my mind and I decided to stay with my hemi for now. Although I would love to have a cummins connected to my pedal, I decided that for now it would be more cost effective to just stay with it until I at least have it paid off because if I made the switch, everything would go up and I really don't want to spend more then I already am on truck payments/insurance.

But one day, I will own a cummins.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
sounds like a wise choice...besides its not like you are "settling" with your current ride lol

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Good plan. No truck is with going broke over. And when you are ready, the Cummins will be waiting :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
2K10HemiRam

2K10HemiRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
sounds like a wise choice...besides its not like you are "settling" with your current ride lol

lol, of course not. Now that I've made up my mind on keeping this one, I'll probably end up owning two trucks by the time I buy the cummins cause I'm going to continue my plans with this one, eh eh eh. Which they end with me one day sometime in the far future being able to afford a supercharger :) But like I said, wont happen for awhile.