Thinking of buying Ram Sport

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Awesome looking truck! Congrats. :favorites13:

Well,......if all goes well tomorrow, I'll be trading in my '05 Ram 1500 4X4 Daytona regular cab/shortbed for a '16 Ram 1500 Sport 4X4, regular cab/shortbed. (I'm ordering it in white and with some certain options, such as 3.92 gears and sport hood to name a few. I guess not actually trading it in till the new one comes in.)
I don't really need a new truck per say, but it will be nice to have the remote start and heated seats for the winter months. Plus, I do have some rust on the tail gate and rear bumper, which has been bugging me for a while now. Also, a little hole in the driver's seat.
Wish me luck.

OP
OP
N

nasty_nat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So far loving it, drives alot nicer than my sierra. So far In the 3 weeks Ive had it Ive put on just over 2000km (1243 miles) and the drivers seat is falling apart. Dealership took pictures for warrenty this week, and put me down to get the drivers rear axle recall. Also looking into upgrading the alpine 9 speaker system, its a little too flat for my taste.

Desert Dude

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So far loving it, drives alot nicer than my sierra. So far In the 3 weeks Ive had it Ive put on just over 2000km (1243 miles) and the drivers seat is falling apart. Dealership took pictures for warrenty this week, and put me down to get the drivers rear axle recall. Also looking into upgrading the alpine 9 speaker system, its a little too flat for my taste.
My drivers seat has started creaking where turning and my weight shifts, it's getting really annoying. I have 1683 on her. Gonna mention it when I get my 1st oil change.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

noupf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport 6'4 Bed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My drivers seat has started creaking where turning and my weight shifts, it's getting really annoying. I have 1683 on her. Gonna mention it when I get my 1st oil change.

if you have power seats, raise the front and the rear just the tiniest bit. My driver seat also did this and it seems to have gone away. I had the rear portion of the seat all the way down ( i'm 6'4 ) and the front pitched up a good bit. I one day i tapped the power button for the back and riased it just a hair and it seems better now.

Desert Dude

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
if you have power seats, raise the front and the rear just the tiniest bit. My driver seat also did this and it seems to have gone away. I had the rear portion of the seat all the way down ( i'm 6'4 ) and the front pitched up a good bit. I one day i tapped the power button for the back and riased it just a hair and it seems better now.
I'm 6'2, 270, so my weight doesn't help. But I have manual seats, can only slide back and forth and tilt the back.

noupf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport 6'4 Bed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm 6'2, 270, so my weight doesn't help. But I have manual seats, can only slide back and forth and tilt the back.

ahh, thats a tough one. I'm only about 225, still good weight to make em squeak, but like i said I noticed an improvment with raising it. Since you dont have power, perhaps just unbolt the seat, flip it over and spray some wd-40 on all the moving parts and see if it helps.

I was gonna take it to the dealship and complain. Then i figured they would do the exact same thing i was thinking about doing, but with the seat in place and probably getting spray all over the carpets and having it drip down. I figured i would just do it myself and make sure i clean up the drips and runs before i re-install. thats my plan if the squeaks come back