Throttle body 2013 ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2batruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm looking into buying a throttle body from Moes performance for my 2013 ram hemi. I was also looking at the bbk brand but it isn't available yet for my truck. They told me they had some issues in the past with the 2012 ram truck reading the new throttle body. They said I needed a tuner to make it work properly. (Something to do with air intake) Is this the same with Moes throttle body or is it just plug and play?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I had zero issues with a 87mm tb from moes on my 2012

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
The reason BBK has had problems with their TB is because it is a straight bore 85mm which allows more air to come in at idle. This triggers a high idle code that requires custom tuning.

We use a tapered port shape on our throttle bodies, so it will work both with or without a tuner. We have yet to have a single customer throw an engine code that was directly related to the throttle body.

OP
OP
2batruck

2batruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The reason BBK has had problems with their TB is because it is a straight bore 85mm which allows more air to come in at idle. This triggers a high idle code that requires custom tuning.

We use a tapered port shape on our throttle bodies, so it will work both with or without a tuner. We have yet to have a single customer throw an engine code that was directly related to the throttle body.

Thanks Matt for the clarification. Wouldn't even know what to adjust on my bully dog tuner.