ticka ticka ticka sound from front of truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NStruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hello all .
this past week i have noticed a ticka ticka ticka sound coming from what i think is my passenger side front tire area .
it is noticable at low speeds and seems to go away at highway speeds ( although i suspect this is just it being drowned out by road noise )

it is still present when the brakes are applied , so i don't think it is the brakes . Plus i replaces all the brakes this summer .

it does not seem to be there when i am in rerverse .

i was thinking it might be a wheel bearing but it is not a grinding sound , more of a heavy tick . it increases in frequency as the truck speed increases .

I was also thinking it might be something to do with the 4x4 , so i put it into 4x4 last night and got a binding or heavy ticking sound from the front end on both sides . I was on pavement when i tried the 4x4 , so i don't know if this affects it or not . I will try it in 4x4 on gravel or mud this weekend , and see if that makes a difference. i have not used the 4x4 since last winter , so i am wondering if something has seized up in the 4x4 system .

or do I have 2 problems , a possable bad wheel bearing and a siezed/ stiff 4x4 . any help diagnosing and fixing would be appreicated.