Ticking help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badfish888

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 hemi express
Engine
5.7L Hemi
well, after 120k i have a tick on start up. Only it doesnt go away when warm. At 50-60k i did the pass side manifold bolts. Sound was slightly different and you could easily tell by the loose heat shield i popped some bolts. The other day i went through a car wash bay to get rid of all the salt on my truck. I sprayed off everything including under the truck. When I started it to leave it was the first time i heard it. Drove 15 miles home. Sounded the same. What i was hoping was maybe i hit the manifold with cold water and it warped and cracked. But i took off the fender liner and the heat shield is tight. And i couldt see a leak. Its hrd to tell if its coming from the manifold or the head. But what are the odds i siezed a lifter it the exact same time of the car wash. I ordered a new manifold, bolts, and mopar gasket. $170 on rock auto for everything. If that doesn’t fix it im going to hve to look into the lifters/cam. If anyone has done this and replaced everything with factory parts. If you could offer some insight and appx cost for everything it would be super helpful. The govt shutdown did not help my finances at all. Im hoping the $170 fixes it. I over maintain everything i own which would only make it worse if she ate the cam/lifters

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
If you collapsed the lifters you would get a misfire with code. Until that time, you can deal with lifter tick with lubrication. Bad part being the oil is on the expensive side. Most of the time you can have hemi tick w/o the doom of cam replacement at least for a while.

sorry for your troubles, hopefully congress does what we sent them there for. A girl who is dacca (my nephews wife not a citizen yet) told me she was mad at the president, I asked why, he offered to give dacca rights along with 1.8m total people, apparently the democrats didn't take yes for an answer, lol. Trump asked very little in return for what he offered. The US elected Trump as well, they both have jobs to do. Only the dems say our way or no deal. They are over playing their hand. Pelosi takes a meeting and offers Trump a dollar, if I was dacca I would go to her office and show her what desperate people do. No comfort to you but when one side acts in such bad faith, there is no surrender. I wish they would compromise and get yaw'll back to work. This country is facing a real crisis, both sides filled with hate.

Last edited: