Tinfoil bumper on an 18 Bighorn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexasHemi18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My wife and I decided to do a little 2 track wheeling last Saturday had a blast and the truck did well for what we were going through but....... Came up to a small creek water crossing and not having anyone to help if we stuck it , I figured a sandy bottom I'll just give her some gas to make it through and up the small embankment. WRONG dang these trucks are low in front. It felt as though I slightly bottomed out the front bumper. I got out to check it and it's twisted into a little smile. Wth are the chrome bumpers made of tin foil? I planned on blacking out 95% of the truck anyhow but not this way. Now I'm looking for a front bumper replacement if I can afford it or just paint a stock replacement. Any suggestions?

Ridgerunner665

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They make them thin to save themselves money.... and to save weight.

I'd really rather have a real bumper that could take a hit...at least a minor hit... but these are just for looks, no good for anything else.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Yeah the approach angle on these trucks is not great. Somewhere around 18 degrees.

RodeoRam

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 2500 CC
Keep the bumper. Paint some lips and teeth on it...and make lemonade.

Lightning_McQueen.png