Tire rotation chart 5 ways

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reb0957

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
It has been a while but someone posted a chart on here with tire rotation. It was a different type of rotation where the direction you moved the tires changed each rotation. It made sense to me, and my last set had 50k miles with plenty of tread left. it was written in my maintenance notebook but I left the notebook with the old truck.
I did use search and didn't up. If you have it , please repost it.
Thanks!
If it helps the tires were numbered 1 thru 4. I cant find it online either

Last edited:

Joshua Collins

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 & 2023
Engine
6.7 & 5.7
If they are doing the recommended rotation in the manual where the front two tires swap from side to side like an x to the back and then the back come straight forward then the tire will not be back in the same location for a few rotations.

Just out of curiosity i googled it up and had forgot about rotations like some jeep guys use and thats including the spare in to the mix which unless you buy another tire and wheel set up wont work for us. But here some good info on the subject.
https://www.tirebuyer.com/education/tire-rotation-patterns

Last edited:

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have 5 matching wheels with 5 tires, non directional so I get the typical 5 tire rotation pattern for RWD / 4x4 (spare to rear passenger, rear passenger to front driver, front driver to rear driver, passenger driver to spare)

if I had the factory spare then I’ll do a 4 tire rotation, both rears move to the front straight, while the fronts move the back in the opposite corners.