Tire shine?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cullen17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm looking for a tire shine product that wont sling all over the side of my clean white truck the first time i drive it after washing it any advice?

Ramguy65

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'd like to know too. Every one I have tried gets the side of my truck dirty. Lol. And I have tried a lot!!

joeg45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
The turtle wax platinum one I use that spray it let it dry and no slinging

jbowling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've used both Zaino and I'm currently using Adams. Both products work very well and don't sling. They also have more of a "clean" look rather than a wet or shiny look. They also don't attract dirt and dust nearly as quick and keep your tires clean longer.

mjd91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Tuf-Shine tire clear coat will put anything you've ever used to shame.

joeg45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Even on a black vehicle you can see the slinging pretty clear which is why I I tried so many on the shelf kinds never liked ordering online unless I have to

The one I get is in a aersol can not the spray bottle one its a thick spray

Last edited:

parttimer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Second vote for Tuff Shine, its clear coat for your tires. If you're looking for something to apply each time, I use Wolfgang tire gel. After you apply, wait an hour and no sling.

AdamsPolishes

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A shiny one
Silicone is the enemy when it comes to a tire dressing staying in place where you want it, and most over-the-counter ones are heavy in their silicone content.

Our Super VRT is water-based, so it will stay where you put it, is water-resistant, and leaves a satin finish. If you want it shiny, just apply another thin coat to bump up the gloss level. Also has SPF35 in it to help protect from the sun. :)

Best Tire Dressing | Super VRT | Car Detailing Supply

Slidder

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie 2500
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I'm looking for a tire shine product that wont sling all over the side of my clean white truck the first time i drive it after washing it any advice?

Just my humble opinion but I have used this product from Adams wax since the day it came out: Best Tire Dressing | Super VRT | Car Detailing Supply

I can "promise you" that once applied it will not sling a single drop off the tire.

Wash and clean your tires first. Take a spounge and put some of this product on it. Start by going around your wheels first, working your way outwards. Get it into every part of the tire.

Once you have it on, it may show a slight shine. If you just want the OEM tire look, take an old towel, etc and gently wipe the entire. What you will have left is a brand new looking tire.

If you watch the video on Adam's page, this stuff is an engine butt cleaning product for all those rubber hoses, etc.

Like I said, I promise you it will not sling a single drop.

Quick P.S. This product has, by far, the best UV protection that I've ever used. I don't worry about putting covers over the tires on my travel trailer or my spare tire on the back of my Rubicon.

Last edited:

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have been using the Zaino tire shine for years now and am very happy with that product. No sling and works great. (I also use their polishes for my truck and car when detailing.)

Slidder

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie 2500
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I have been using the Zaino tire shine for years now and am very happy with that product. No sling and works great. (I also use their polishes for my truck and car when detailing.)

Just finished reading a lot of info about Zaino products. First, does the cotton applicator pad perform better than using a MicroFiber pad?

Based on what I read there are quite a few steps to go through in order to acheive the desired shine. Have you applied any of the products only by hand or have you used some type of machine to apply products?

I'm just curious about all the different procedures one must go through. It seems very time consuming. However, looking at the different vehicles that have applied Zaino products, the shine on them looks excellent.

Can't say I won't try these products but with Adam's products, it's basically down to a two bottle process used with buffing, MicroFiber pads. If your paint is perfect the one can produce a great shine by using only one bottle of Adam's products.

Also curious as to how long a shine will last on a vehicle, that for the most part, is parked outside.

Last edited:

13Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Adam's Super VRT. Water-based, has SPF levels to help protect your sidewalls and best of all its super dry after you apply it and it will not sling. Makes your tires look new again. You'll love it!

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just finished reading a lot of info about Zaino products. First, does the cotton applicator pad perform better than using a MicroFiber pad?
Based on what I read there are quite a few steps to go through in order to acheive the desired shine. Have you applied any of the products only by hand or have you used some type of machine to apply products?
I'm just curious about all the different procedures one must go through. It seems very time consuming. However, looking at the different vehicles that have applied Zaino products, the shine on them looks excellent.
Also curious as to how long a shine will last on a vehicle, that for the most part, is parked outside.

I apply my Zaino by hand. There is a HUGE misconception about it being too much work. That is not the case. I'll always be a Zaino buyer, because the stuff works and works well with using just a little amount.
I apply my polish by hand and I use he cotton applicator pad that is on the website. I always use Sonus microfiber towels to buff off. For best results, after polishing with your choice of polish,...finish it off with the Z8 Detail Spray and you will have a shine that longs A LONG time, even if it's your daily driver, and a shine that will be UNBEATABLE! Once you place your order with Zaino, they send out a step by step letter to get that killer shine. If you have any questions as to how I do it,...you can pm me and I'll gladly answer your questions.
If interested, I can show you a couple pics of truck and car after being Zaino in this thread. Let me know. :cheers:

homeguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Chemical Guys G6. There is a YouTube video showing how it works. That sold me on the product and I haven't looked back.

By my iPhone.

Slidder

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie 2500
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I apply my Zaino by hand. There is a HUGE misconception about it being too much work. That is not the case. I'll always be a Zaino buyer, because the stuff works and works well with using just a little amount.
I apply my polish by hand and I use he cotton applicator pad that is on the website. I always use Sonus microfiber towels to buff off. For best results, after polishing with your choice of polish,...finish it off with the Z8 Detail Spray and you will have a shine that longs A LONG time, even if it's your daily driver, and a shine that will be UNBEATABLE! Once you place your order with Zaino, they send out a step by step letter to get that killer shine. If you have any questions as to how I do it,...you can pm me and I'll gladly answer your questions.
If interested, I can show you a couple pics of truck and car after being Zaino in this thread. Let me know. :cheers:

Hey thanks for the good info. I've been a long time fan of using Adam's products but I've always said I am open to trying any product. I was just curious about the cottom applicator pad. Never used one before. Always used the MicroFiber or foam pads to apply the product. Additionally, I apply some products by using the PC or Flex machines. BTW, both of those machines are now being made in China. Glad I got both of mine while they were still being made in the USA.

Yea, would like to see some pictures. Tks.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey thanks for the good info. I've been a long time fan of using Adam's products but I've always said I am open to trying any product. I was just curious about the cottom applicator pad. Never used one before. Always used the MicroFiber or foam pads to apply the product. Additionally, I apply some products by using the PC or Flex machines. BTW, both of those machines are now being made in China. Glad I got both of mine while they were still being made in the USA.
Yea, would like to see some pictures. Tks.

I do hear great things about Adam's products. If I weren't using Zaino, it would be Adam's.
Yes, the cotton foam applicator works great. Like I said, I apply everything by hand. Here are a couple of pics. The Ram was done the 2012 year, it had been washed, clayed and polished with Zaino. My buddy used his PC on it. That was all done 7 months before this photo. This is just a wash in the photo. Shows the durability and shine of the Zaino.
The Roush will never have a machine near it. lol That has been done by hand with the clearcoat polish and then topped off with the Z8 detail spray.

Attachments

• DSC00029.jpg
    DSC00029.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 42
  • 20130629_191645.jpg
    20130629_191645.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 40