Tires!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jtink

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the factory Goodyear Tires, they have 56K miles on them. I want to upgrade to an A/T tire. I really like the look and positive reviews on BF Goodrich K02.
Two different salesmen at local tire shop (same shop) keep trying to talk me into Cooper ATW. I'm not against Cooper tires, but their getting inside my head.
The BFG IS AN 8 ply tire, its over kill, going kill mpg. Is what they tell me.
Cooper atw, is more what I need. So they say. What I can't understand is why wouldn't they want to sell me on the BFG, it's a more expensive tire.
Also BFG in 275/60/20 isn't that great in the snow.

Question, who has BFG on a 1500 ram? How do they perform in wet and snow conditions? What have you noticed in mpg

Also my ram is stock, no lifts.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
They must make more money on the coopers.
Get the BFGs and you have a truck so 8plys would be good to have as well.
I let a tire shop talk me out of the tires I wanted one time and it bothered me for the next 40,000 miles.
Get what you want its your truck and your money.

The BFGs work awesome in snow and great on wet roads, they dont work well in thick mud and pick up rocks on gravel roads.
Really great tires.

Another good tire to look at is the Nitto Ridge grappler.

Last edited:

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had a set of Cooper's on my old f150 and really liked them. I don't remember what the actual name of the fire was but it was all season HT. They performed really well in the rain and the limited snow we get here. Whenever my ram or my wife's caravan needs tires cooper is the first one I'll look at. Also the local cooper dealer here is local business not the chain discount tire. I think you get better service and care from a local businessman than the big chains. He depends on you to come back where the big chain is wam bam thank you man, got more people to get to.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I have the factory Goodyear Tires, they have 56K miles on them. I want to upgrade to an A/T tire. I really like the look and positive reviews on BF Goodrich K02.
Two different salesmen at local tire shop (same shop) keep trying to talk me into Cooper ATW. I'm not against Cooper tires, but their getting inside my head.
The BFG IS AN 8 ply tire, its over kill, going kill mpg. Is what they tell me.
Cooper atw, is more what I need. So they say. What I can't understand is why wouldn't they want to sell me on the BFG, it's a more expensive tire.
Also BFG in 275/60/20 isn't that great in the snow.

Question, who has BFG on a 1500 ram? How do they perform in wet and snow conditions? What have you noticed in mpg

Also my ram is stock, no lifts.
My buddy had 8 ply on his Chevy and went to a 6 ply Cooper tire! Gained about 2 mpg +/-
IMO if you DO NOT go off roading 8 ply is overkill ! BUT a nice heavy duty street tire! I will be getting new tires soon as well but no 8 ply for me!I will stay with a light duty truck tire 6 ply at most,and am sure less then 6 ply! as I never off road , well maybe sometime when the Icy roads tell me to lol As for your dealer steering you to a less costly tire , sounds like a good dealer who does not up sell a item :) Read reviews of the tires you like and how people on site here talk about thier tires and that is first hand use from a RAM owner, :)

BrianandChrissy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 big horn crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi, vararam CAI
I had bfg Long trail t/a on my 2012 ram. Excellent in snow and rain.

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

Markks

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Express RCSB 4X4
Engine
Pentastar
Cooper Zeon LTZ, I dumped the Goodyears. The Zeon is a good tire, and
Love the Tread design. Good looking Tire!!!

OP
OP
J

jtink

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pulled the trigger on a set of k02's. They look awesome, I couldn't be happier.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
They will work great for you and if you haul or pull anythimg heavy that will be a extra bonus since they are 8ply.

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I read this and saw "Tacos" damn I must be hungry lol

BrianandChrissy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 big horn crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi, vararam CAI
Give these a look guys... Mickey Thompson deegan 38's. Extremely quiet on the street and wow are they good off road. Load range E, 10 ply. They come in all the sizes your all looking for, and they're AMERICAN made.771499fc576039640cfab3b79e61cbcf.jpg

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
brian, did changing to an E rated tire change your ride at all? what air pressure do you run them at? good in rain and heavy wet snow? thanks

BrianandChrissy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 big horn crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi, vararam CAI
brian, did changing to an E rated tire change your ride at all? what air pressure do you run them at? good in rain and heavy wet snow? thanks
I run them at 46-48 psi, and they ride like a dream. Very quiet too...as for rain, I drove home from work this morning in an absolute monsoon! Absolutely flawless! No snow yet, so can't report on snow traction yet, but overall I'm real happy with these tires.

patchelect

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not the same truck at all, but I had Goodyear RT/S on my Dakota 4X4 for most of its life with me, 16 years. They worked well for me in all conditions, wet, dry, handling, noise. Looked good and worked great. Although I didn't put that many miles on the truck (73K in all that time) I did replace them once because the set I was running had aged out but they never let me down and never scared me, even on high speed sweepers that were not necessarily dry. When the P rated skins on my RAM are ready for replacement I'll look at them if they are still available and in 20". I hate trying something new!

Last edited:

jljbtm

Reaction score
My first four by four was in 1986 and I purchased the bfgs when they came out. They were very good in snow wet grass Etc. However they didn't last very long I think I got 40 thousand miles out of them and they became very popular and the price went up with that popularity when they reached $100 a tire I switch to something else.

barr0208

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 ram 1500 sport long bed
Engine
5.7 3.92 4x4 ruby red
I went with cooper discovery atw 275/60/20 if you want load e tires then the atw 275/55/20 minimal noise no vibration good in snow and ice and awesome in the rain and dry roads you wont be disappointed. and where I live the tires qualify for low rate financing through my insurance as they have the snowflake winter tire rating.DSC00633.JPG

20170201_153545.jpg