TO Sell or Not

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well some bad news ..major back surgery needed and will need a low assed minivan or the like. thinking financially I will have to sell "Baby Warlock" here in Saskatoon...any thoughts...bummer day after all the extras I have put into this 2021 Warlock..any ideas what it is really worth guys?

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Think before you get rid of it, I've had major spinal fusion and the ride in my truck is good for me, can you put a lumbar support that will cushion your back, Ebay sells portable inserts you can fasten to your driver's seat, they also have heated inserts that go onto the lumbar support.

Last edited:

2019 Bighorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Maybe if the Warlock is raised. Lower it if possible.My2019 Bighorn has fully adjustable seat including lumbar with heat & I bought it because my 2012 bench was very hard on my back. The handle while stepping in & out for support really helps me versus getting in & out of other vehicles . Good luck with your back. Spinal decompression put me in the hospital as per physio recommended

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Take it to a shop that specializes in air systems to get it functioning like a 'low rider'. But take the running boards off if you have them, will be easier. Honestly, if you can get the truck down low like that it will be easier than some other vehicles as the floor is flat to the edge, huge grab bar, and it's a truck!. My parents struggle with the high sills of their Subaru and Kia.

Although, I admit I am a huge fan of our Toyota Sienna. Dang comfortable ride, they look pretty decent, can put a ton of stuff in them, and parking is much easier.

Good luck on your surgery. They do pretty awesome work anymore on the spine and hope for the very best.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I watched a guy drive a old Ford 4 door pickup, into a Diner just last week.
He backed into a Handicapped Space, then a lady got out the passenger side, i did not see just what she did, but she must have pushed some buttons or pulled levers.
As she did that, i watched the driver pivot his head toward the passenger side & move over to the passenger side.
Then he was outside of the Ford & he lowered himself onto the pavement, That was when i realized that he had a RAMP.
He rolled his chair inside & ate.
When they left, she made a couple of quick changes & i think she moved her seat position over to the Drivers side & he positioned his chair in the Passenger side position.

Mobility Products are made for most peoples needs
Insurance often pays for those products

Dodge Dealerships should have all the best Contact information

star_deceiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Any ideas what it is really worth guys?
A dealer is going to offer you less than $39k, you might be able to barter that up. When I was at the dealer at just shy of 60000kms to see if I could get my door panels fixed under warranty, a new s!eazy salesman tried his best to put me into a rebel and I made him run back and forth many times to his manager and $39k is the number I got.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dave Haddon

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well… interesting enough $40K was the number thrown around. Not going to give my truck away for money like that. So option B or C above.. I will figure something out from what you guys here in the Forum have put forth.., thanks

marine0311

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I was facing the sort of same issue. A choice between a minivan, or a crew cab truck. There are companies out there like Mobility Works that will make your existing truck more accessible for those with disabilities. In my case, the Ram was already lowered 5" compared to my '01 truck. The ride is excellent in comparison. There is a lot of excellent advice here on this Forum. I wish you well on your decision. And will pray for healing and guidance in your decision.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I’ve had back surgery myself and trying to get out of my wife’s Kia soul is a painful, my truck is only 2wd but is much easier to enter and exit then any car I’ve ridden in since becoming all fd up. Good luck and I hope you great success with your back repair.

OP
OP
Dave Haddon

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks guys for good wishes..update on the " Pacifica" deal.
A little vent..forgive me..
Why is it that the profession of being a "Car Salesmen" seems to be akin to folks who do not have the ability to understand words or in the big picture simply inept?..LOl..I Told the incompetent individuals ( at several levels of management) at this Saskatoon Ram dealership, 7 or 8 times i needed nothing less than an AWD Pacifica..what do they come back with, 3 days..yep 3 days later..not once but numerous times..a CARAVAN..as suggested by their General Manager..really??..LOL..I asked them did you not understand the word PACIFICA?? That seemed to make no impression, so after 10 kinutes trying to give them the understanding of what i had initially requested, I said I did not have time to entertain their incompetence...
So I am keeping the Warlock..going to a different service facility for anyting related to my Warlock..certainly not any dealership! I am done with them as they seem cut from the same standard....one loses respect for this gene pool!
..what a bunch of ..you know I really do not know what adjective best describes this alleged profession...geeeshh!...ahh well this is one customer that will not be returning ...makes you just shake your head..anyways cheers !

marine0311

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks guys for good wishes..update on the " Pacifica" deal.
A little vent..forgive me..
Why is it that the profession of being a "Car Salesmen" seems to be akin to folks who do not have the ability to understand words or in the big picture simply inept?..LOl..I Told the incompetent individuals ( at several levels of management) at this Saskatoon Ram dealership, 7 or 8 times i needed nothing less than an AWD Pacifica..what do they come back with, 3 days..yep 3 days later..not once but numerous times..a CARAVAN..as suggested by their General Manager..really??..LOL..I asked them did you not understand the word PACIFICA?? That seemed to make no impression, so after 10 kinutes trying to give them the understanding of what i had initially requested, I said I did not have time to entertain their incompetence...
So I am keeping the Warlock..going to a different service facility for anyting related to my Warlock..certainly not any dealership! I am done with them as they seem cut from the same standard....one loses respect for this gene pool!
..what a bunch of ..you know I really do not know what adjective best describes this alleged profession...geeeshh!...ahh well this is one customer that will not be returning ...makes you just shake your head..anyways cheers !
You do not need to apologize for venting your frustration here. The big problem for you was no matter what language you were speaking. Those clowns were listening in dumba$$. I hope you will be able to either have the means to change your Warlock to meet your lifestyle. Or find what you’re looking for. Either online or in person that will meet or exceed your lifestyle.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Good idea. Better to stick with what you know and not lose the money you invested in her. I hope you can figure out a way to keep driving it.
:cheers:

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Simply adding power steps can make a huge difference. When deployed they sit lower and stick out farther than fixed steps, making getting and out very easy. My 80 year old aunt with a hip replacement has no problems getting in and out of our Limited. And that's with it at normal ride height. Just though I'd throw that out there.

Best of luck with your surgery. Hope your recovery is swift and as pain free as possible!

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Again another good idea re power steps. Only issue out here is locating them and finding a competent installer..a task that can be resolved i am sure..thanks Mikeru...

If you search for companies that specialize in the customization of vehicles, you may discover a higher level of competency than your typical stealership. :rolleyes:

Good luck with your back and I wish you a speedy recovery.

And as others have mentioned, our trucks are much easier to get in and out of than most other vehicles.

You could always research various options and try it out first, then modify if or as required.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
Just buy a old beater?, Hard to find a good one cheap.
My granddaughter is selling one in your area 2010 crysler Sebring???
runs ok , money light has been on for yrs, she drove it up from east coast when down for school.
about 2 or $2500.oo clams.
My truck has way better seats the wife's Honda CRV
A real low car for me is a PITA getting in and out

Wife is waiting a year for a hip , hasn't even got on the list yet.
She has trouble with the truck getting out , jars her hip, so we use the Honda around town, and its a bit cheaper to run.

Take care and hope everything turns out OK for you. Stay away from snow shovels.
I finally hired a firm to do the walk and driveway.

Last edited: