Too Soft/short coils on 1500?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
You would be happier witj the Timber Grove air bags I would think, very happy with them my self.
One thing I would like to have with them would be the on board air compressor, going to look into it after the first of the year.

OP
OP
C

Chalax

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemo 5.7
Alright, I will be ordering the TTC-1211 because I actually tow frequently.

But I am still missing the front coils. And haven't found any where to buy them. I need the front coils too.

Remember, watch this: https://youtu.be/O_OjfEiK6xc

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
I put Bilsteins in the front and leveled the truck and it did help the front feel firmer and more like the rear.
If you find heavy duty front coils please post it up.

OP
OP
C

Chalax

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemo 5.7
I put Bilsteins in the front and leveled the truck and it did help the front feel firmer and more like the rear.
If you find heavy duty front coils please post it up.

I know but there is something going on in my case. Did you watch the video? previous owner did some weird mods and I am wondering how to fix that. What kind of bolts should I have over there isntalled? Or is it not an issue with the coils?

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
I seen that but had no clue what was going on, yeah thats not right .
might have to take it apart to see what was done to it.

Cardhu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
looks like previous owner pressed in longer studs so he could run a spacer under that mount and then "washered up the slack" to sell it. Not only is it a bad way to lift, its pretty hack.

you need, at minimum, new "strut" mounts as after someone has ****** with stuff like that I wouldn't want to reuse.

for the rear, the 1211 are great and will put you up 0.75 inches above stock. The coils unloaded are shorter than stock but do not sag when mounted to your vehicle.
picture.php

Since your in a bad situation on the front I would either do new quick strut or atleast new mounts with Bilstein 5100s. No idea if you want a lift but the 5100's give you options. If your not trying to level, set at the middle setting 1.4" might be a good place to start with the 1211s in back as they are a bit firmer and adding some preload on the front will help as its what i'm going through right now.

edit: Not sure if you can tell but have the front coils been cut, if not i'm sure they will be fine to run, or junk yard for another set if you think they are compromised. There are no vendor for new coils only. So unless you quick strut or junk yard the options are much pricer like icons or fox.

Last edited:

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
With the 1211s in the back and stock on the front it sure felt like to different trucks when driving it, firm in the rear and spongy in the front, putting in the bils and preloading the springs really balanced out the truck.