Top quality lift for my 2014 1500?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmyalon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Hey guys, I just purchased a 2014 ram 1500 4X4 crew cab black edition and I want to lift it 4", with the original rims and put 35's on it.

The questions I have are;

What's the BEST overall lift kit? Price DOESN'T matter, I want the best.

How bad will this effect my HP/MPG? I have the 8 speed transmission with 3.93 gearing in the 5.7.

Also, what's the best 35" tire in your opinion for AT?

Thanks in advance everyone!

It's my first Ram, and I'm extremely stoked!

bloombloom88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new truck!

There are plenty of places to get a lift kit, see what Matt at moes performance offers. Great guy and excellent customer service.

Your gearing should be fine since you have the 8 speed, or at least from what I've heard other guys say.

As far as running factory wheels, if you plan on getting tires 12.5 inches wide or wider you'll need wheel spacers or you will have clearance issues at full lock.

Mpg you ask? Just keep in mind it's a truck, not a Prius lol. Taller and heavier tires with a lift will hurt your mpg, but it's nothing to be afraid of. I'm sure somebody will chime in and go into more detail.

Also, post pics of your truck, we wanna see!!!

OP
OP
G

gmyalon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Can anyone else chime in for further assistance?!

mattman_13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Money no object get a Kore tactical series lift. Maybe some fox shocks. Just bolt on I really don't see much reason to pay some of the higher prices when rcx has treated me so well. There's always BDS.
Correct you'll need 1/4" spacers for 12.5 wide tires on factory rims. With 3.92s you'll be more than okay on 35s.

OP
OP
G

gmyalon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I don't know if I want a 4 or a 6" lift, IDK if I want 35's or 37's, IDK if I want 12.5 or 13.5, I don't know how to tell which tires will fit on which rim, which lug pattern is what I need. I just drive..

Okay so I'm extremely lost now, I don't know what any of the numbers mean and I've looked at so many different tires/rims/lift kits/ ETC...Do any of you have a Facebook or something that can ADD me so we can chat and I can ask questions it would be way easier and I'd really appreciate it.

"Michael Yalon" is my facebook
Profile picture is a picture of my in my blue digi's with my Mom. Don't judge haha.

Thanks!!!!

Gymkata

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2013-2014 Dodge Ram 1/2 Ton Pickup 1500 6" lift kit 671F | BDS Suspension
You can look between the 4" & 6" lifts on the site above. There are wheel and tire recommendations at the bottom right of each lift page. I don't know much about BDS, but I imagine their wheel/tire recommendations are accurate and will not rub if followed. I don't know my way around this forum very well yet, but I imagine there has to be a page that lists what fits for different ride heights and wheel widths/backspacings.

After a quick glance at the BDS lift components I see the following pros and cons for the 4" kit:
Pros: It uses stock springs/shocks so it should ride like stock (good thing compared to many lifts)
Cons: It uses stock springs/shocks so it should ride like stock (bad thing compared to high quality suspensions)

mattman_13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
First decide on the tire size you want to run then figure out lift. Don't just put a small lift and 35s on it because its cheaper when you want 37s. I did that and lost money and didn't even spend 2 months on 35s.

37x13.5 (37x12.5 is far too skinny) tires I'd recommend a 6" lift with bilsteins on like 2.1" and an aftermarket rim with -12 to -24 offset for a wide stance and clear upper control arm. Your at selection is limited in this size. I have nitto terras. Falken and bfg make at's in this size I believe the rest is pretty much mud grip

35x12.50 tires. A 4" lift with quarter inch Quality spacers on factory rims. Recommend nitto terras or Toyo at2s if you want an at in this size.

Last edited:

Rock$tar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
I put 6 inch with bilstiens on max with 37 inch tires. Trucks bit to big for me now. Next truck leveling kit and 33s will be fine with me. Im getting terrible fuel eco with lift and trucks pain to park in city and pain to even get in and out of

Posted by my Droid

mudjunky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
when I comes to lift kits always remember its never high enough an you will 100% regret not going with a 6 inch lift and just getting a 4 the price difference bettewen the two is so minimal you be stupid not to and x2 on the bilstiens shocks and some spacers for the back to put on top of the 6 inch lift it gives these truck that really jack up look
and will let you run practicaly any 35 or 37 inch tire with a spacer

money being a factore or not rcx is a great kit and its cheep but they work good and still ride really nice

kore tactical lift is the cadilac look up the ram rummer if you got the money go all out
if you wanna save some and be able to splurger on other parts rcx is just fine

you also need to give us a basic of what you wanna do with the truck mild trail running hardcore wheeling or Baja style running or are you building a pavement pounder

colby81888

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think you all scared the fella away with all your numbers talk. BTW :welcome: Listen to these guys and youll have a nice ride

Texas_Cornhusker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
BDS 6" coilover kit is what i got. No spacers just fox shocks/coilover w/remote resevoir. its pricey but worth it. They have one of the best warrenty's if not the best on their lifts.

Zeke

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi
Lets see some pics when you all are done. Anyone know if the same HEMI kits will work on the Ecodiesels?

klind

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am having the same truck lifted tomorrow:

Rough Country 2012-14 4WD Ram 1500 4" lift kit, N2.2 shocks

I am using stock wheels with 1/4" spacers and BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO Tire LT285/65R20/E

I will post pictures on when finished.

Hi, I was thinking about the same kit, I have a 2014 Ram 1500 4x4 crew with AWD, but in the website it says "Kit is not recommended for AWD models." So I am kind of scared to use that kit.

moparmorris

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Defiantly go with the 6". I only want to run 35's and I was afraid the 6" would be too much. I ended up going with the 6" rough country and I am so glad I did. I put 35's on my stock wheels and I think it looks just right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oufan_1979

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Final product!

This is the finished product guys. I know the tires aren't as aggressive as most but the BFG ATs are a better tire all around. Feel free to let me know what you think.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 1,066

oufan_1979

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
More pics.

Heres a few more pics of the final product.

Attachments

• IMG_2371.jpg
    IMG_2371.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 340

oufan_1979

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
More pics.

more

Attachments

• IMG_2374.jpg
    IMG_2374.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 454

RAMBOSS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What kind of mpg are you seeing with your new setup?