TPMS and tire rotation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AkNomad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A quick question for those in the know. When I rotate my tires do they relearn their new position or do I need to have them reprogrammed?

ColdCase

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They relearn, sometimes takes 20 minutes of driving, sometimes pretty quick.

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I rotate every 10,000 kms and yes they relearn

chris52010trx4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
interesting... I had mine rotated and at the time had one sensor out. after i got the truck back i noticed it was still the dead sensor in the same spot.. went back and got into it with the shop because I thought they would move once rotated.. long story short they did it again while i was there and it didnt move? i wonder if it was due to the sensor being out. Shop had said they needed the programmer in order to move it.. sensors been fixed since as well as new duratracs so I shall see what happens next rotate

ColdCase

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It takes an on/off cycle and some rotations to relearn. In the mean time the old values will be displayed.. including missing or bad ones... then all of a sudden it will update. Sometimes mine will update by the time I get to the end of the driveway, other times it takes a couple miles.

The wheel sensors don't continuously transmit data, just once every x rotations when rotating in a speed range that I don't recall off hand. Saves battery power.

Last edited: