TPMS Sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

15Ram78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm looking to purchase 4 new TPMS sensors for my 2015 Team 1500. Does anyone have any recommendations? I've heard there my be issues with some of the aftermarket ones. Thank you.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I got some a few years ago from le bay,
they were OEM mopar sensors. They were purchased from a dealer ,might have cost a few dollars more but I’ve never had any issues.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The OEM sensors in my summer wheels function no better than the aftermarket sensors in my winter wheels.

I called many local auto parts stores looking for the best deal, price & warranty-wise. Warranty periods on the aftermarket seemed to vary considerably.

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
I've purchased about 12 sensors In the last 3 years for my RAM since installing aftermarket wheels.

The mopar sensors last about 8 to 10 years on average, don't appear to fail as often and require no programming to use. Just install and go.

Every aftermarket sensor I have had on the ram has occasionally failed to register, dropped out in odd places like crossing railroad tracks and lasted less than 3 years. I've replaced them with mopar sensors.

I have 3 rams and six sets of wheels. Summer and winter for each. All the wheels can move between vehicles so it's fairly easy to mix and match. With mopar sensors, they link until they die.

My 14 is on original sensors, my 15 is on original sensors and my 16 is on original sensors for winter wheels, which are the stock wheels.

My aftermarket, summer wheels, have mopar sensors as well. Only one set of summer wheels was purchased with aftermarket sensors and they failed within 2 years.

My experience, yours may vary. I live in a very cold climate during winter, my failure rate for tpms sensors is low given their use in sub zero weather every year.

Last edited:

CamperMike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have had very good luck with quality aftermarket sensors. HUF intellisense is one I've used and it is plug and play. Schrader and VDO make oem sensors for various companies and would also be good choices if you get one designed for your truck and not a universal one needing programing.
Not sure if this is the best price but I've used this place before. Either the Schrader or huf would be very good units. https://www.tpmsdirect.com/DODGE_RAM_TPMS_s/1727.htm

LouM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Ecodiesel crewcab old/ now 2019 Laramie Hemi
Engine
eco diesel old / now Hemi missing the eco's mileage
My summer winter swap rims and tires have replacement sensors in them. My 15 had after market sensors and they were still working fine when I traded for my 19 in 2020. Those are still working as of now, I'll know in a couple of months about the one's in the winter tires.
I got them on ebay;

BRAND NEW OEM DODGE RAM 1500 DT 2019-22 TPMS SENSORS MOPAR # 68293199AA-AB​

they were $80 for the set. If I seach for them now they are under $50 for the set.

CamperMike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My summer winter swap rims and tires have replacement sensors in them. My 15 had after market sensors and they were still working fine when I traded for my 19 in 2020. Those are still working as of now, I'll know in a couple of months about the one's in the winter tires.
I got them on ebay;

BRAND NEW OEM DODGE RAM 1500 DT 2019-22 TPMS SENSORS MOPAR # 68293199AA-AB​

they were $80 for the set. If I seach for them now they are under $50 for the set.
Those seem too good to be true... and I do see them on Ebay where they claim to be OEM.