Trans fluid change on 17 Ram 1500 w

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gto64gto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have 100,000 miles on my 17 Ram 1500 4 wheel drive and going to change transmission fluid and filter. Has anyone used BLAU fluid and filter kit. It's $300 and my dealer wants $492. It comes with 6 quarts, pan, filter, pan screws, and hand pump. Has anyone used this? Its made in Germany. Thanks

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 Laramie 4x4 QC, True Blue Pearl
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Just for grins I searched this site for "BLAU" and your post was the only thing that came up. Of course, that just suggests it hasn't been discussed or posted, maybe.

So this is just a bump really. If anyone has any experience with it they might see your question.

Jas34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Blauparts sells Ravenol transmission fluid. I haven't used it but maybe someone here knows more about it. They do have a pretty good writeup of the transmission service procedure. FWIW, I did use Ravenol BW44 transfer case fluid from them for my transfer case, as the oem Mopar BW44 fluid is on an extended backorder.

I recently did mine and wanted oem fluid, so I ended up getting my pan / filter from KLM Performance for $270 and there's a reseller on the Amazon Mopar store who sells the Mopar 8&9 speed fluid for $85 for a 6 pack. The pump is around $10 on Amazon. FWIW, the fluid from Amazon is the real thing, and I doubt you could find it cheaper anywhere else.

Mopar parts online sells the pan / filter for $295 in my area with a list price of $419 so your dealer price sounds a bit low from a dealer. Was that parts only (including fluid), or his price for the service? If it's for the complete service that sounds like an almost bargain :).