Trans. Temp Gauge install kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rowdyram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum 5.9
Integrated with the governer pressure sensore

OP
OP
dodge dude94

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Ahhhh That sounds....fun..

Splicing into the cooler line it is then. haha

steermaster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
send me what model and stuff your looking at, all this block is in that other thread is a holder for the sending unit, then it routes a single wire to the input of the gauge. its splices right into the transmission lines...

If the gauge you are looking at plugs into the OBD II port then it uses the stock signals to get readings...if you are looking for osmething like that I would reccomend going for a Bully dog, Diablo Trinity, or some smarty tuning pieces. They all use the OBD II port and read everything and you can have up to 4 gauges on the Diablo at once, not sure about others but those who have them can weigh in as well. Any other gauge that is electric or mechanical will need the box as said in other thread. I believe all trans temps are electronic, typically oil and other gauges are mechanical if wanted. I have pics in my albums of my gauges if you want to see what they look like. Its all about preference, and what you are ultimately wanting..

Last edited:

steermaster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
and just to add to the tuners...they also can be used for special tunign in the future, can read/clear trouble codes, and have other features you can research online.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
The only options we have for tuners on 2nd gens are superchips hypertech and sct. According to edge's website they have one that works for our trucks but I haven't been able to find someone who had it nor verify that it does on fact work anywhere else

steermaster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
The only options we have for tuners on 2nd gens are superchips hypertech and sct. According to edge's website they have one that works for our trucks but I haven't been able to find someone who had it nor verify that it does on fact work anywhere else

ahhhh ok lemme do some digging, sometimes you have to talk to the companies directly because online doesn't always have everything...