Trans Temp via ODBII?

Discussion in 'Towing & Hauling' started by Hardcore1, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Hardcore1

Hardcore1 Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    I am looking to monitor trans temps in a all digital fashion from something like a tablet connected to an ODBII Bluetooth sensor. Is this possible? I tried it via the free version of the torque app and I could not find the trans temp listed as a data item. Is this available as data in an 07 1500? I don't mind paying a few $ for an app to show it if the data is available.

If the data is not available what is my next choice? Is there any type of sensor gateway to an android tablet? Any help is appreciated.

2. Core-Lokt

Core-Lokt Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2005 Ram 2500 4X4 ST
    Engine:
    5.7L
    You might try Dash Command app and see if it has transmission sensor support.

FWIW, you asked about the paid versus free Torque app maybe being the difference. Granted, my truck isn't comparable ('05 2500 Hemi manual), but I do have TorquePro. I just checked and there are no transmission sensors available in my menu. That doesn't mean there might not be sensor support in TorquePro for an '07 with automatic, but I kinda doubt it.

3. Hardcore1

Hardcore1 Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Thanks for your input Core Lokt, I did try dash commander with no luck. I then went ahead and purchased the pro torque app just to give it a try and after some configuration changes and loading of extra scrips, I was able to get Trans temp from my ELM Bluetooth adapter and the torque pro app. I used this during my trip and was well worth the entry price. I would recommend this to anyone who tows.